Glen’s luney fuzz

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Glen’s luney fuzz

Post by Babysquid » Mon May 10, 2021 5:09 pm

I’ve always loved Glen’s fuzz sound on Luney Tune. I’ve often over the years wondered which fuzz pedal he used. Of course I realise now he could have just been plugged directly into the desk overdriving the preamp. Do you know? Also I loved his fuzz tone on Easy Action , it sounds almost sub octavey ! Do you remember what he used here?

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Glen’s luney fuzz

Post by Dreary » Mon May 10, 2021 5:35 pm

Babysquid wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 5:09 pm
I’ve always loved Glen’s fuzz sound on Luney Tune. I’ve often over the years wondered which fuzz pedal he used. Of course I realise now he could have just been plugged directly into the desk overdriving the preamp. Do you know? Also I loved his fuzz tone on Easy Action , it sounds almost sub octavey ! Do you remember what he used here?
Both Glen and Michael were always trying out new effects, especially in the studio. They would plug into different amps and peddles until they found something that they thought was right for each part of each song. It varied for each lead part and each rhythm part. Plus Glen spent lots of time customizing his peddles with a soldering iron. One of his favorites was called a Fuzz-Face.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu May 13, 2021 8:06 am

Dreary wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 5:35 pm
Babysquid wrote:
Both Glen and Michael were always trying out new effects, especially in the studio. They would plug into different amps and peddles until they found something that they thought was right for each part of each song. It varied for each lead part and each rhythm part. Plus Glen spent lots of time customizing his peddles with a soldering iron. One of his favorites was called a Fuzz-Face.
That fuzz tone on the Luney Tune solo always reminded me of Python Lee Jackson ‘In a Broken Dream’ which was a big hit in the UK in 1972, even though it was originally recorded in the late 1960s. The rerelease coinciding with guest vocalist Rod Stewart’s success.
Did you guys hear much of that song back in the states Dennis?
https://youtu.be/Z43RWSWHVxs
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Thu May 13, 2021 4:39 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:06 am
Dreary wrote:
Babysquid wrote:
That fuzz tone on the Luney Tune solo always reminded me of Python Lee Jackson ‘In a Broken Dream’ which was a big hit in the UK in 1972, even though it was originally recorded in the late 1960s. The rerelease coinciding with guest vocalist Rod Stewart’s success.
I just listened to "In a Broken Dream". It's the first time I've heard it. Cindy hadn't heard it either and she's always been a Rod Stewart fan. In 1972, our band spent all of our time rehearsing and writing. About the only time we listened to the radio was when we were in a car listening to American or Canadien stations. We did visit the UK but that was a whirlwind of a tour that didn't involve much time for listening to the radio.
Jackson's guitar tone, and erratic feel, does remind me of Glen.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu May 13, 2021 11:35 pm

Dreary wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 4:39 pm
steven_crayn wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:06 am
Dreary wrote:

I just listened to "In a Broken Dream". It's the first time I've heard it. Cindy hadn't heard it either and she's always been a Rod Stewart fan. In 1972, our band spent all of our time rehearsing and writing. About the only time we listened to the radio was when we were in a car listening to American or Canadien stations. We did visit the UK but that was a whirlwind of a tour that didn't involve much time for listening to the radio.
Jackson's guitar tone, and erratic feel, does remind me of Glen.
Cheers Dennis.
The guitar player on that was a guy originally from Scotland called Mick Lieber, who moved to Australia where the band were formed.
I love the track, Rod Stewart sounds amazing, and that guitar it’s almost like Glen is playing it.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV