Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

SkipTown
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: 1972

Post by SkipTown » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:57 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From SkipTown:
BTW....ask amuk...he knows that basically I am level headed and can be serious.

Well, since you bring me into it, I have to say I don't agree with that statement. I used to believe that you were "level headed and can be serious" but based on your recent actions and statements, I no longer do. Since you appear to have forgotten, my first post at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8619&hilit=balcony&start=60 remains my best response to your statement.
Andy...

Sorry you feel the same way as Si does.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:09 pm

SkipTown wrote:
Si wrote: Being kicked is precisely what he wants. Then he can claim he is "banned" etc and be a victim. He's doing more damage to himself then anyone else could do.
A shame as his site is a very worthwhile thing to do.
Si:

aka...mr. barlow's last post. You condone that type of thing here? Good to know.
Don`t blame me when the "bear" your "poking" bites back.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:36 pm

SkipTown wrote:
Si wrote:
RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Si, please toss this clown. He may be a distant relation to a former band member, but at this point he's doing nothing but trolling the board and insulting one person after another.
Being kicked is precisely what he wants. Then he can claim he is "banned" etc and be a victim. He's doing more damage to himself then anyone else could do.
A shame as his site is a very worthwhile thing to do.
Si:

aka...mr. barlow's last post. You condone that type of thing here? Good to know.
That is absolutley laughable. You revel in the fact that you have "fun poking bears" but when you encounter one who is above your intelligence grade you play the victim. I'm not sure what type of social circles you run in but you may be surprised that there are intelligent people out there who base their arguments on facts and who don't buy your deluded version of events.

You are the first to call people names and to use a somewhat inept attempt at sarcasam but can't handle it when you are challenged by someone. You play the victim. You and Tonto Bob must share the same brain!

Face it--you have been called out--by me and many others. Please continue to provoke and you will be responded to.

Also, do you really think that this is a great approach to attract Alice Cooper fans to your website? You realize that to a majority of Alice Cooper fans, Glen Buxton is a complete unknown. How do you expect to draw them to your site to introduce them to Glen and his history when all you do is insult and/or demean the guy who they are a fan of--that being Alice Cooper.

To be honest--I've learned quite a bit about GB on your site and others stories which I had heard over the years were reinforced by some of the interviews you have on the site, namely how Glen was Glen's worst enemy and how he had no one to blame but himself for his career going over a cliff. Also, his near total lack of contribution in writing and recording after 1972. Those are the facts--they are spelled out for you and confirmed by many sources--some of which I am sure with whom you are personal friends.

At any rate--keep the insults and sarcasm coming and you will be met with the same in return. Also, I'll never cry boo-hoo to Si.

SkipTown
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by SkipTown » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:54 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
SkipTown wrote:
SickThings wrote:You know, I used to like Glen Buxton....

(I am referring to the persona, since I didn't know the person. My point is that SkipTown's attitude, comments, and actions have made me not care one whit about the Glen site or anything that's posted there. Pretty sad that one individual seems bent on alienating fans of the Alice Cooper group while trying to---what?)

Hunter
Corporate is sending in the Big Guns!!!! lol

This guy must only be an 7th or 8th Degree Minion. "I don't like Glen Buxton...because I don't like you!" Hilarious.

ahhh...When you guys report in...could you mention to Alice and Shep (or whomever you guys report directly too)...that I'd like to see more nods in the direction of the original band in AC's shows? Nothing fancy...maybe a picture or two on the screen or a Happy Birthday to one of the guys. HEY, maybe a slide show with old fashioned light show tricks (oil flowing on a projector?) - old school stuff.

:grin:
I think Skip won't be satisfied until Alice carts around a bronze statue of Glen Buxton and places it on the stage each night. Hey--maybe he can do a real tribute and hire another guitarist, like say Steve Hunter, to actually play the notes that are heard by the audience--just like the old days!

Also, why is it so important for Skip for Alice to always have to acknowledge the original band? I would think that someone who is so self-assured in the greatness of GB and the others would not need such pandering and reassurance.

Yes--that "old-fashioned light show tricks" is a great idea. I mean why take advantage of state-of-the art technology when you can forever live the the 1960s-1970s with effects to please the tired old washed-up hippies in the crowd!

Why not make a giant Glen Buxton puppet (ala Pink Floyd) and have it dance with one of those giant whiskey bottles from "Madhouse Rock"? Maybe we can dig up Vincent Price and have him do a monologue expressing the sheer genius of GB and play it at the start of each show.

Now as to the birthday thing--I think Skip may be onto something. I think it would be a great idea if Alice charged a fee--say $500.00 a person- to announce a paying fan's birthday from the stage. I think I'm going to get right on the Shepline and have him get right on it--BUT I'll make sure to tell him to give ALL of the credit for the idea to Glen Buxton.

Thank God Glen cured polio!
This post has been passed on to Glen's sister and brother. It will also be placed on several Facebook pages. No use passing it on to your bosses....

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:07 pm

From SkipTown:
Sorry you feel the same way as Si does.

No, you're not and also, you can stop playing the martyr.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:09 pm

This post has been passed on to Glen's sister and brother. It will also be placed on several Facebook pages. No use passing it on to your bosses....[/quote][/quote][/quote]

That is fine with me--put it on the nightly news, The Tonight Show and even broadcast it to the International Space Station. Maybe you can hire a psychic medium, hold a seance and pass it on to Glen himself. I'm sure Glen would appreciate it as from what I've read about him he had a wicked sense of humor and never played the cry-baby. I'm a self-employed individual so as far was which "bosses" you are referring to is beyond me. If you do ever find my "bosses" tell them I need a raise and could use a new company car.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:09 pm

From SkipTown:
No use passing it on to your bosses....

Why don't you stop making insinuations and tell us who these people are?

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:14 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From SkipTown:
No use passing it on to your bosses....

Why don't you stop making insinuations and tell us who these people are?
Don't tell him our boss is Ernst Blofeld. Keep it between us.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:21 pm

Funny that this person claims that all the AC 'corporation' on here (not that they actually exist) are ruining the name/legacy/whatever of AC.

I think Glen Buxton would be utterly ashamed of the way this person is sponging off his legacy in such a tired, bitter, jealous and sarcastic way.

Despicable.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:25 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:Funny that this person claims that all the AC 'corporation' on here (not that they actually exist) are ruining the name/legacy/whatever of AC.

I think Glen Buxton would be utterly ashamed of the way this person is sponging off his legacy in such a tired, bitter, jealous and sarcastic way.

Despicable.
Living vicariously through Glen.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:35 pm

Is Skiptown having a moan because he is jealous of Alice earning money and whoever gets the royalties for Glen is running out if money?
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:43 pm

Now Skiptown is crying about the disrespect Glen gets on STUK on his Shiny Dime page.

" It is pretty much the accepted view there, that this kind of disrespect is acceptable by the moderators of that forum. Instead of taking it out by insulting me...this clown decides it is OK to belittle Glen. It appears the owner of that site agrees as do the other chimps."
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

SkipTown
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by SkipTown » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:45 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:Funny that this person claims that all the AC 'corporation' on here (not that they actually exist) are ruining the name/legacy/whatever of AC.

Despicable.
Living vicariously through Glen.

This stuff is great. :rotfl: Big tough guys talking on the net....personal insults not only to me but a deceased friend of Alice's. If I was Si...I'd be busting with pride in being the owner of this forum. Now of course, I could spend my time slamming you guys to others...but I've developed a strong hunch (over the years) that the reputation of this forum has already been well known and established...thanks to the little clubhouse lawyers that play here.

But hey...thanks again for some of these posts....

BTW, Mr. Barlow...whatever Glen's sense of humor would be in this case...I am pretty sure he'd kick your ass up and down the street for upsetting his baby sister.

SkipTown
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by SkipTown » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:01 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:Is Skiptown having a moan because he is jealous of Alice earning money and whoever gets the royalties for Glen is running out if money?

Andy - Some real good teamwork here....even your backups are jumping in. Some obvious errors, but they seem eager to please. :rotfl:

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:03 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Now Skiptown is crying about the disrespect Glen gets on STUK on his Shiny Dime page.

" It is pretty much the accepted view there, that this kind of disrespect is acceptable by the moderators of that forum. Instead of taking it out by insulting me...this clown decides it is OK to belittle Glen. It appears the owner of that site agrees as do the other chimps."
But it's okay for Skip to constantly belittle Alice and anyone who dares mention that the original band ENDED in 1974. Also, any criticism of Glen Buxton, however much it is substantiated by facts--many of which are on his OWN website is taken as an insult to any surviving family members of Glen's.

I'm confused as to who his wishes to be the martyr--Glen or himself.

The truth is the truth. Glen's contributions to the original band are indisputable as I have mentioned several times. However they lasted 1968-1972 (5 years) as the original ACB. In a career that spans 46 years that is just a very small portion of the entire career of Alice Cooper--very important years--but to say that Glen and the original band deserve credit for Alice's staying power and success since 1974 is beyond ridiculous. It could be argued that is not for Alice continuing to perform those songs for the last 41 years they would have been long forgotten relics of the 1970s.

I think that Skip's problem is that he wants to rewrite history. Glen's story is very tragic but a story of his own making. I can understand wanting to bring to light the positive aspects of Glen's life, career and music--and they should be brought to the attention of fans--he seemed like a nice guy and no doubt was talented. But it also has to be accepted that it was not Alice/Vince that caused the career of Glen to go into tailspin--it was Glen himself.

Skip can belittle me all day long--I can take it--but he likes to always belittle Alice, Shep and the very powerful "organization". I think it's time to pick up the ShepPhone to let him know my cover has been compromised.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:06 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
Really really well done site. Excellent work Skip.

I think it's worth adding some perspective, which is that a lot of that information has come from this site, as SkipTown has acknowledged (and many of the images as well).

If Skiptown has acknowledged why do you feel you need to add some perspective?

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:11 pm

BTW, Mr. Barlow...whatever Glen's sense of humor would be in this case...I am pretty sure he'd kick your ass up and down the street for upsetting his baby sister.[/quote]

That may be the case but that's why we have "clubhouse lawyers". I think Alice's sister is upset with you for all of those mean things you say about him and the fact that you censored remarks about him from his website. I don't think you have to worry about him kicking your ass however as I think at the moment he is in the midst of another successful tour.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:14 pm

Skiptown, my comment is my own, nothing to do with Andy or anyone else here, and what are the 'obvious errors' you speak of?
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:18 pm

From SkipTown:
personal insults not only to me but a deceased friend of Alice's.

What about YOUR constant denigrating of Glen's "friend" then?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:24 pm

From SkipTown:
Andy - Some real good teamwork here....

No - just your paranoia.

>even your backups are jumping in. Some obvious errors, but they seem eager to please.

You have really lost it - if you have run out of the royal "pills", I would be happy to send you a fresh supply.