For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

daytripper63
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper63 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:32 pm

Very Cool !...Thanks !

For being a brat, refusing to act your age !
http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63

Master Shake
Killer
Killer

Post by Master Shake » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:13 pm

Gabor6 wrote:Just heard the whole album. Perfect. As good as The Last Temptation was. Heavy sound with Beatles type melodies.
I did earlier today myself (i was tricked into it!). I really like the sound personally. it has a great classic Alice feel to it imo. The two that stand out for me are salvation and along came a spider

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:28 pm

Darren wrote:wow...I think this record is going to be very very good. The youtube video is great and I think will help draw some attention to this album.

I really hope there is a video...or...better yet...I know I'm dreaming here but why not?

A movie, Staring Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie/director/producer...Calico could be in there, maybe even Ozzy if he can remember some lines. (no Ozz not do lines...remember lines) Throw slash in there with a cameo.
erm but none of these are actors, well in the movie sense anyway.
let's play twister, let's play risk, yeah, yeah, yeah. yeah.hywel04@hotmail.com

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:31 pm

Calico certainly is. And Alice has done movies.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Evan442
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Evan442 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:36 pm

from what i heard it already sounds better than TEOAC and Diamonds
myspace.com/himelnator
myspace.com/chopx3

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:26 pm

So far, In touch with you Feminine Side, Killed By Love, and Salvation sound the most memorable to me. They will be solid tracks.

Wake the Dead sounds the weakest track to me. None of them sound bad, but WTD sounds the weakest. All the other songs sound cool, but the ones I mentioned above sound the most interesting and memorable. The epilogue also sounded cool. Catch me if you can sounds as if it will be about as good as Vengeance.

From these samples alone I can be sure this will be a very good and consistent album.

Cozzie
Killer
Killer

Post by Cozzie » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:32 pm

It sounds remarkable. Sort of like Killer meets Dada. The prologue sounds a lot like the title track from Dada. BRILLIANT!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:04 am

The Master has delivered again!!
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Alicehunter2000
Killer
Killer

Post by Alicehunter2000 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:00 am

First reaction is that it sounds pretty good. I understand FeezleNuts reaction. I am still hoping for some songs that have a Stephen, Gail, Dragontown type slow creepy part to them.

I also got a bit of a 70's vibe on some of the songs. This might turn out to be a very different album for Alice (a combination of several earlier styles). I'm still excited. :clap:
"Your as Stiff as my Smoking Barrel"

Nick
Killer
Killer

Post by Nick » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:40 am

I've heard the album and it rocks.
It sounds different to anything else Alice has done, kind of a mix of the 70's Alice sound in places mixed with something more modern...it's unique sounding.
If you're expecting a goofy Halloween slasher type thing, or an ultra-dark Brutal Planet-esque experience, you will be disappointed. This is something all new, totally unique and it rocks.
I'm looking forward to adding the CD to my collection.

ULTRALATEX
Trash
Trash
Location: EAST KILBRIDE(SCOTLAND) if ever visiting,let me know and I'll buy you a beer

Post by ULTRALATEX » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:48 am

the clips aint working for me

ULTRALATEX
Trash
Trash
Location: EAST KILBRIDE(SCOTLAND) if ever visiting,let me know and I'll buy you a beer

Post by ULTRALATEX » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:51 am

i better rephrase that as I don't mean I don't like them,when I click on the song titles, I just get a blank screen.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:57 am

ULTRALATEX wrote:i better rephrase that as I don't mean I don't like them,when I click on the song titles, I just get a blank screen.
Give it a few minutes, it might be your Quicktime loading up.
Me = Winning

Jason
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jason » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:08 am

Sounds cool! Thanks!
"Same as always, different as ever"

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:51 pm

I've gotta say, i'm really not impressed by those 30 second clips, the lyrics are just terrible

:(

hannu30
Trash
Trash

Post by hannu30 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:12 pm

listened to the leaked version of the album, to me it's the worst album in 14 years... Shame

But will buy it anyway, it's the friggin' coop :D

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:12 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:I've gotta say, i'm really not impressed by those 30 second clips, the lyrics are just terrible

agreed

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:59 pm

I have to say I'm not a fan of albums that give you 30 seconds of every song before its officially released. The bits you hear may influence your tastes at the beginning, but the concept hasn't been explored fully in those bits; they're out of context as far as I'm concerned.

I know, I haven't listened to anything yet, but as an outsider I wonder if small samples are influencing the big picture. I'm not saying the songs won't be bad or deserving of less merit... I just want to give it a fair shake all at once.

I'll shut up now. :grin:
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:22 pm

Mmmm, only 30 sec clips , but somehow i don`t think this album is gunna be the best thing since sliced bread, but I`ll reserve judgement until i can hear it in full.

I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

criss
Killer
Killer

Post by criss » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:38 pm

Ok people here s my quick review

The coop set this album up with a fantastic theme and quotes like lots of hits

Ok like most people at sickthings im buying the album no matter what as its a coop album and im digging the whole idea of the album .

But this album falls short , very short of what i was thinking it would and could have been .

The theme and lyric content just scream for some eerie twists maybe a dash of the coop weirdness we all love . To my ear much of the music seems very disconnected to the theme and lyrics . Many of the tunes are for the lack of a better word , bland basic rock tunes that go nowhere , there s no tension and release etc . A few tunes like slavation and i am the spider are good but overall to me most tunes sound like theve been rushed and are just there as filler .

I love every coop album even the misunderstood works of art like Da Da , special forces , zipper , goes to hell etc .

So i hate to say this , but imho as an overall album , for me its easy one of the coops worst efforts . uninspired material , average hooks , it s almost as if the coop knew he had a great theme and thought that would be enough to carry the album .

In the end i guess the coop got what he was aiming for , and many people will enjoy the album so thats all that matters .