What items did you "snatch" at concerts?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Sparticus
Killer
Killer

Post by Sparticus » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:09 am

SKULLBOY wrote:
--And my oldest son has a cane that Alice threw to him in Duquoin, IL last August. I know it was for him because he was the only one up front (at my urging) except for this tall guy who snatched it out of he air. When he realized what he did he gave it to my boy ( a wise move for him!).
Once I saw that cane go in the air towards our side of the seats again I knew it was heading towards your family. Was happy you guys got one...to follow Alice around the midwest like that is awesome
If you call that guilty...then that's what I am

MonsterDog
Dada God
Dada God

Post by MonsterDog » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:01 am

Feezle-Nuts wrote:I keep my most important items on the top shelf of my bookcase where my cats can't get to it.

As you can see, I am going for the creepy look with the 'fake' dust and cobwebs.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa21 ... obilia.jpg
Good stuff, Feezle-Nuts!
I don't know if the things I'm thinking are normal thoughts or not!

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:14 pm

Over time I've got:

A bunch of dollar bills from various tours
Pics from Roxie, Chuck, Jason and Keri
3 or 4 "diamond" necklaces (two of which came direct from Alice's mouth.. :laugh: )
A cane (from Brighton, UK last year)
Several pieces of balloon
A drumstick from the HoF piece from last year (I think it was the stick Jason had been using - it's seriously splintered!)
I did catch a stick from Eric at the end of one of last year's shows and gave it to Gorey as he was moaning he'd not caught anything - he then gave it to some random girl stood nest to him *eye roll*

Still after a riding crop for the collection!
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:11 pm

I have got at least 30 bills, probably way more. But I gave almost all of them away. Down to 2 now(plus the 2 orange ones Jaded was kind enough to send me).

And a Chuck Garric pick.

I'm not a hardcore collector like some of you.
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:24 pm

I've collected up quite a few bills too, there's a good chance you'll get some in the first few rows.
Also some balloon parts and some guitar pics from past few years.
A proud of owner of some Dirty Diamonds too, but I've got 2 lots. I don't need 2 lots, tempted to sell one really.

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:28 pm

To be honest I never thought of keeping any of the ballon parts. Two years ago Alice popped a ballon and a piece flew straight into my right eye. It stung for awhile. I now get free front row seats for life.

P.S. please don't believe that last part.
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:45 pm

So far I got nothing. But I have only seen him once.
I did get a splash of "Paris Hilton" blood but since I wasn't wearing a shirt at the time the stain didn't last long. :p
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:37 pm

sparkinthedark wrote:I did catch a stick from Eric at the end of one of last year's shows and gave it to Gorey as he was moaning he'd not caught anything - he then gave it to some random girl stood nest to him *eye roll*

Still after a riding crop for the collection!
I was moaning I wanted summat from Alice, not Eric :p Some greedy person in a bloodied white top hat and tails got 4 diamond necklaces! I rest my case LOL

And hey I'm a sucker for a pretty face haha
Flesh fanatic psychopath

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:40 pm

SKULLBOY wrote:When he realized what he did he gave it to my boy ( a wise move for him!).
Semi-related... on the Eyes tour Chuck threw his pick at this young kid a few seats down from me, but it wound up somehow near my spot. I quickly bent over, grabbed it and reached over a few people to give it to the kid. Bottom line and the most important thing... the boy was happy and Chuck smiled and gave him a thumb's up.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:23 am

:D

Well I just posted this in another thread, but here's a photo of my "Wall of Fame" with me in my brand new t-shirt YAY
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dragonladych/2594333775/

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:37 pm

Cool pic.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:14 pm

Cheers!

16 days to go, until the Swiss show! I am starting to feel the anguish. I don't like driving and I don't like crowds, but I will brave it all over again :8):

Check list:

*Have the car booked (I do carsharing, no money to have my own) need to relax about driving a car I hardly know...

*Have tickets for myself and a friend (first time in ages I will not be alone)

*Need Valium (nah joking I use herbal remedies... no not that sort...valerian and such) to keep the stress away. Got my blood pressure pills too...

*Told the boss I am taking the afternoon off. He smiled when I said why I need it!

*Planning departure time (it's slightly less than 2 hours drive) so I get there 2 hours early and start to queue... hope it will rain so there won't be too many.

*Hoping I don't fall on my face while dashing to the front. I can't run very fast anyway, I have a bad knee.

*Try not to die of frustration if I fail to reach the front row. Well at least try not to burst into tears (I've done it in the past silly I know)

Ah the things you do for love! And I hope to bring back some more memorabilia to post here! :HEART:

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:24 pm

16 days!! Wow....so close!!! You'll have a GREAT time! And less than a 2 hour drive..not bad at all! that'll speed by! :8):
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:03 pm

I know! Switzerland is a tiny country. The longest trip you can do would be around 5 hours I guess? This will be my tenth Alice show if I counted right. I'd love to go to more but that's better than nothing.

Most of Alice's shows here take place in that small venue in Pratteln (near Basel) it's a strange place, kind of hidden in a wood, and it's an old hangar that's been converted to a concert hall.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:07 pm

What items did you "snatch" at concerts?
Isn't that a bit of a personal question?

Oh wait... you mean a different kind of sn.. Okay, well I guess my answer would be the typical.. Balloon parts, dollar bills, confetti, restraining orders, etc.
Me = Winning

lattss
Killer
Killer

Post by lattss » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:38 pm

A two hour ride is pretty good deal!I'll be traveling five and a half hours to Milwaukee for fourth Cooper concert.

Hopefully those 16 days will fly by for you.The hardest part of waiting is when your so close, but not quite there yet.

Sarah1982
Trash
Trash

Post by Sarah1982 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:57 pm

So far I only have a couple of picks... One of Chucks and one of Jasons. I love them though ;)

OT - Does anyone know who will be supporting on the forthcoming european leg of the tour?
I've got some sin on my skin...

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:05 am

It does only say "guest" on my ticket.

Actually I'd rather not have an opening, it's begining to be hard to stand for such a long time. Well I am in much better health now at 40 than I used to be but it's still not my favourite part. I feel sorry for the opening bands, everyone is saving their energy for the main act and they must play to a dead audience.
Except for one I never even remember who opens, :blush: I only remember that the Backyard Babies opened in London in 98.

I hope I can keep my energy and not have a blood pressure drop as usual. I have to get up that morning and go to work. And empty a batch of dead animals from the freezer* for the taxidermist (I work in a natural history museum). I'll try to take a nap at noon.

* I used to hear "Refrigerator Heaven" in my head when I first started that job, 15 years ago, and had to put dead animals in there. Now it's all modern but back then the place would have been perfect for an Alice video.

Ack, we're weering off topic! :/

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:10 pm

Well,here's hoping the opening act isn't terrible. I've seen a decent number of good opening acts for Alice and some BAD ones. Personally....Cheap Trick and Blue Oyster Cult were my fave openers. :-) I'd got see Cheap Trick alone any chance I got.

For one of the shows that I'm going to in August (and so is SkullBoy)....there are TWO openings acts!! There are 2 for another show as well...but I'm kinda considering it to be a show with
1. opening act...eh
2. Scorpions..they should be entertaining
3. ALICE!!!!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:05 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:For one of the shows that I'm going to in August (and so is SkullBoy)....there are TWO openings acts!!

Welcome to my world. :grin:

Still waiting to see who will be the support at Southampton - as long as it's not bloody Viking Skull...

I'd better not have just tempted fate. :/
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->