What items did you "snatch" at concerts?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

What items did you "snatch" at concerts?

Post by Dragonlady » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:16 pm

I searched but couldn't find a thread about this, sorry if I missed it. Just point me in the right direction if need be and I'll delete this one?

At every concert, regardless of our age :8): it's kind of part of the game to try and snatch whatever Alice throws into the crowd etc... Over the years I collected quite a few pieces of balloon, it's almost a tradition now :)
I also got a dollar bill from the sword (way cool I always wanted one!)
But my favourite was one of the plastic pearl necklaces from the DD tour. In Montreux the satge was really a bit far away and most of them landed in the pit, but thankfully the photographers were still around and I begged one of them to pass me a necklace. As you can see on the video I got it!

Yeah, I guess I turn back into a teenager when I see Alice but that's cool. The rest of the year I am back to being a serious adult again :blues: .. not!

MonsterDog
Dada God
Dada God

Post by MonsterDog » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:36 pm

I grab anything I can. I've had balloons,(but they don't keep very well), picks, dollar bills. I usually try to get a handbill from somewhere near the venue. Also have half of a cane which I mounted in a display box. I would post a photo of it but I can't. I went way overboard in making it. Just as anything Alice should be. (IMO)

I can relate to that lapse of adulthood. I don't know who that guy is at those shows I've been to. But it's not me.
I don't know if the things I'm thinking are normal thoughts or not!

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:50 pm

Yes, I'd love to have a cane too, but that's really rare!

I have all the items stuck on a closet door in the lounge here, along with various photos a guitar pick, and of course my SickThings 98 badge, from the Astoria concert. I confess that my whole flat is a bit of a "fan lair". There's that door, and I have posters of Alice in every single room (except the kitchen). Recently I had a TV crew filming in my flat for something totally unrelated, I felt half embarassed and half proud of all the stuff :/

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:57 pm

In 1990 I managed to get a bra, a piece of the straightjacket and the lighter Alice used to light T-Bone's cigarette. Recently, I've snagged balloon pieces, confetti, fake bills and picks.

And I always... ALWAYS! get the local newspapers the day before, the day of, and the day after the show. Clippings are devine! :(
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:20 pm

I've got a fair few dollar bills but that's it. Came so close to getting a cane a couple of times and fake diamond necklaces but it wasn't to be :( There was a diamond necklace with my name on last November but security stole it from me and actually handed it back to Alice's people instead of giving it to a fan like her colleagues! :angry: Still, the dollar bills are cool!
Flesh fanatic psychopath

MonsterDog
Dada God
Dada God

Post by MonsterDog » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:31 pm

Yeah, I had a cane thrown right to me last year. I had alot of space around me but some how my cousin knocked it upward, and right to the guy next to me. Ask NSP, she saw the whole thing. It was like Alice threw it right to me intentionally.

And I get some of the newspapers, too. Love to read the reviews if I'm still in town the next day.

I also got half of a poster that Alice ripped in '04 before dropping it off the stage
I don't know if the things I'm thinking are normal thoughts or not!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:55 pm

Yeah....I saw a lot of craziness around the canes last tour!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:04 pm

a bloody baby doll's leg

Ravenred
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Ravenred » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:23 pm

I have lots of bits of balloon & lots of dollars.I am also lucky enough to have 2 canes,i have 1 of Eric Singers drum sticks but my favourite so far has to be the riding crop :clap:
I'm hoping to get some 'dirty diamonds'
I wanna hurt you just to hear you screaming my name

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:35 pm

Ravenred wrote:but my favourite so far has to be the riding crop
Wow! I bet!

@ Gorehound, why are some people so mean? I had problems with security guards too, do they hate happy people that much?

Cozzie
Killer
Killer

Post by Cozzie » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:37 am

I scored one of Jason's picks, a balloon, three B$B notes and the setlist stuck to the stage at Launceston (complete with confetti and Calico's blood!)

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:28 am

I caught his cane at the London Astoria show in 1997, plus some guitar picks and notes. That was a good night!

I nearly sold the cane recently on Ebay (cos i'm totally skint) but then i dont suppose it's really worth anything to anyone else :/

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:32 am

Dragonlady wrote:@ Gorehound, why are some people so mean? I had problems with security guards too, do they hate happy people that much?
Good question, it really annoyed me. The diamonds just slipped out of my grasp onto the other side of the barrier and she takes them backstage, I was ranting about it for ages lol. Everyone else handed em back to people in the audience ::((:
Flesh fanatic psychopath

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:30 am

mike pineras guitar pick (july '81,cleveland) and eric's sticks (oct.'06).

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:19 am

I have the following:

-Cane
-Riding crop
-Entire SO balloon
-DD necklace
-Several B$B Bills
-Drumstick Alice used during Halo of Flies

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:45 am

alice used a stick during halo of flies? has he done the stomp routine???

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:01 pm

It was actually kinda odd, he was digging around under the drumset for about 30 seconds, and came out with the stick. At all of the later concerts I have seen he uses his cane sword to 'direct' the band, but this time he used a drumstick.

Former Lee Warmer
Trash
Trash

Post by Former Lee Warmer » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:54 pm

I have guitar picks from Kerri Kelli. Ryan Roxie, Damon Johnson, Chuck Garric, Pete Freezin, Greg Smith, Eric Dover, (3) drumsticks from Eric Singer,( I think he gave me 2 and i caught one) 2 Set lists, a broken cane, a full cane, Alice money, 2 dirty diamond necklaces, a peice of the army netting from the Brutal Planet stage, and several peices of balloons.
Chris

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:08 pm

Wow, that's quite a collection FLW! Well done!

Sparticus
Killer
Killer

Post by Sparticus » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:30 pm

From 2 shows I've gotten:

Pieces of 2 baloons
signed poster (bought...didn't actually meet Alice)
guitar pick
half of the setlist taped on the stage...some jerk came by and ripped the other half as I was getting it off the stage

Alice bills and a cane are on the top of my list to get...

Alice always seems to know who the diehards are at the shows, so it's funny to hear some of YOUR stories about him throwing his cane to you but still come up empty handed. At the show last year he threw dirty diamonds right to me and I caught them in my hand but the guy standing next to me who was about 6" taller and 30-40 years older took them out of my hands. Keep in mind the only song he knew during the whole show was Schools Out. ::((:

Alice looked at me and then threw his cane later on in the show but the throw was a bit off and the group right next to me with the guy that already had the diamonds managed to get the cane as well.
If you call that guilty...then that's what I am