No votes
Umbangi Stomp
2%

Total votes: 54

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:33 am

??????????? I don't see anything wrong the song myself, What is wrong with a Stones sound? I would rather Alice did different things then to just put out what is expected of him and go through the paces... Look at pepper by the Beatles..completely different style for them than the usual she loves you stuff. and it is great. lets don't put Alice in a box ..let him be creative

Edited By steven15322 on 1118108082
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

GIX
Trash
Trash

Post by GIX » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:21 pm

I think you're missing my point actually, I like Alice experimenting with different sounds very much, I dislike I formulated music very much (I write original stuff myself) ..especially formulated rock. I don't mind a little Stones influence in one song or two. However, from what I've heard of this album so far, it's deviating from hard rock a little too much for my tastes and one song sounds more like the Stones than the Stones and NOTHING like Alice Cooper at all!?? So far, to me it sounds like a 'mish mash' of all sorts, I can't imagine the album 'flowing', I imagine it to be rather disjointed actually!??

Edited By GIX on 1118150493
The natural urge to live degenerates into UGLY passions - Plotinus

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:46 pm

I think it's the radio show to be honest. He probably gets to hear tons more music now than he did (and I'm sure he listened to a lot anyway) and it's probably just rubbing off on him ya know.
Me = Winning

RundowntheDevil
Trash
Trash

Post by RundowntheDevil » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:05 pm

Great song, voted "good" but definitely growing on me. Especially the chorus. It is obvious that the singer of "Desperado" is playing this, I can imagine the younger Alice on stage singing this.
I'm pure non entity, don't even look for me. I watch you when you sleep. I am the triggerman........I'm always out of sight. A shadow in the mist.

from_the_inside
Trash
Trash

Post by from_the_inside » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:50 am

fantastic volcals and the refrain is very very good!
(the whole album infact is so good)

Sleeper
Trash
Trash

Post by Sleeper » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:10 pm

I havn't yet heard this song - however, I just can't stand the name of it. I't not the sort of name that I;d expect someone that Bob Dylan refered to as the "most under rated songer writer".
What do you mean "I can't get to work on time"?
Go nothing better to do

Splinter Cell
Trash
Trash

Post by Splinter Cell » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:34 am

LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just heard the Ecard and WOW, THat's defenately...DEFENATELY better than anything off eyes :D :rock: :rock: :rock:

steven
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by steven » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:38 am

This is the perfect single choice!What a greate song.Funny lyrics and very catchy classic rock sound.This is going to be a greate live number...
Back off preacher I don`care if it`s sunday.......

EyeAm

Post by EyeAm » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:11 am

Yeah, hear it on the e-card now:

Sunset Babies (All Got Rabies)...full song

It's a good song; and, apparently, one the record company is leading-off with. I assume this is the first single. (I hope they put out Perfect as a single, too).

"Sunset Babies (All Got Rabies)" sounds to me like a mixture of Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Gimme 3 Steps" and Billy Ray Cyrus' "Achy Breaky Heart" :8i: I don't think it's close enough to either one to be a rip, but it does sound like something someone else has done...only Cooperized, with extra all-Alice stuff thrown in.

It could make a good introductory single; but I wouldn't do a video for it if I were him. Save video money for Perfect.

Scandal2000

Post by Scandal2000 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:41 pm

I love this track. It is going to be the first single, I hope that New West (American label) really pushes this song and makes it a legitimate single as opposed to Eagle Crock. I really hope they make a video for this one.

alienspice
Killer
Killer

Post by alienspice » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:31 pm

Anyone else reminded of "Department of Youth" at the begining of the vocal? Or is it just the sugar and caffeine talking? :p
you look like you'd fit in the trunk of my car

Sleeper
Trash
Trash

Post by Sleeper » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:17 am

I think this song is great fun
What do you mean "I can't get to work on time"?
Go nothing better to do

zoogirl
Killer
Killer

Post by zoogirl » Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:14 pm

Uh oh...

I kinda don't like it. Okay, I guess I like it but I sure don't love it. "Perfect" would make a much better single, IMHO.

Someone back there said it reminded them of "Raped and Freezin'" and that's not exactly a favorite either.

Yeah, the lyrics are cute and the music itself is okay but it's just ..annoying, somehow.
I'm too young to be this old!

MrDemeaonor
Dada God
Dada God

Post by MrDemeaonor » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:28 pm

This one is a really good rock n roller, great guitars and another great vocal by AC. Although I'm still not sure if he's singing about girls or dogs.
Now he wants to live here...there goes the neighborhood

Jay
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jay » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:17 pm

Stonesy this one. A good groove too. The lyrics made me think it was a veiled comment on STD's!!! Anybody else catch that? (no pun intended!!!) :D

Edited By Jay on 1124165290
All of the above is just my opinion.

vain
Trash
Trash

Post by vain » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:24 am

I really really like this song

I was imagining if Alice had made a video for this song, he would be performing on stage with his band, with babies running or crawling around.

With a little bit of computer effects, you can make the babies sing to the chorus and dance to the song.

And lastly, when the video finishes, a caption appears saying "No babies developed rabies in the making of this video"

:D Me and my imagination

Shoesalesman

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:03 pm

I rated it as excellent. Good groove and a natural choice for the first single IMO.

FREEZIN
Trash
Trash

Post by FREEZIN » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:45 am

My second favorite song on this album. It's catchy, it's well put together, and it's probably exactly what Alice wanted us to hear. See, he has the stuff to put together an f'ing amazing album... but for some reason, it didn't turn out that way
theSICKESTthing

Coop.rus
Trash
Trash

Post by Coop.rus » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:30 am

This one impressed me! At first it was like: oh, a nice song....but then it started to be such a great one for me! Great lyrics....and vocals! That is funny to hear Alice writing about these ladies. The only thing I haven't got - but I think it's because of me not being a native English speaker - what is RABIES? I guess...don't laugh - it's a sort of a illness? But as I said - a great one.
oh, hello, the mystery of "O"

sumorider
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by sumorider » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:41 am

Beautiful R&R. Really great song!