Revival69: The Concert that Rocked the World

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Revival69: The Concert that Rocked the World

Post by VinceRaven » Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:18 am

Have anybody on here seen the movie? I guess it's only a question for those in Canada.

I'm incredibly impatient to see this film.

Just watched a December interview in which Director Ron Chapman briefly mentions how amazing it is to have the Alice Cooper with Gene Vincent coverage. He also talks of incredible behind the scenes footage of the artists all hanging around together backstage. Would be great to think that this also includes some clips of the Coopers.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Revival69: The Concert that Rocked the World

Post by Si » Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:53 am

As far as I can see it's still only showing at film festivals and no wider release date has been announced. There is a mention of it being scheduled for Canadian TV at the beginning of January but it doesn't look like that happened.
I also saw something about ShoutFactory securing the rights for a proper release though so hopefully it will be out soon.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:29 pm

Here's a screengrab of Gene Vincent onstage that shows Dennis and Michael. Strange, seeing Michael on that side of the stage.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:33 pm

Si wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:53 am
As far as I can see it's still only showing at film festivals and no wider release date has been announced. There is a mention of it being scheduled for Canadian TV at the beginning of January but it doesn't look like that happened.
I also saw something about ShoutFactory securing the rights for a proper release though so hopefully it will be out soon.
Thanks Si.

I'd seen stuff about it coming out in various ways but then heard nothing. This interview from December got me thinking a lot of it might have happened, but I guess not.

They talk of various cinema screenings, even a two-week run, and the Crave Video on Demand from about 54 minutes on in this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgDtKG1veXA

Cadaver Eyes
Trash
Trash

Post by Cadaver Eyes » Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:09 am

In November 2022 they had an ad here in Canada that it would be coming to Crave TV in January , then it was changed to March and then it went to film festivals . Looking forward to seeing the ACG footage and the whole documentary looks like a fun watch .

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:36 am

Cadaver Eyes wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:09 am
In November 2022 they had an ad here in Canada that it would be coming to Crave TV in January , then it was changed to March and then it went to film festivals . Looking forward to seeing the ACG footage and the whole documentary looks like a fun watch.
Thanks for the clarification.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:46 am

Today's anniversary of this show has reignited my frustration at the lack of any kind of release and I was in the midst of typing my impatience at the progress, including that the only release date mentioned on imdb (other than festivals) is June 22nd 2023... in Russia!!!

However, I've just spotted that 'Everything Zoomer' stated yesterday that the film finally starts streaming on Crave TODAY.

Hopefully our Canadian friends can let us know what it's like.

https://www.everythingzoomer.com/arts-e ... t-its-due/

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:13 pm

I'm hoping we see some of the footage with Gene Vincent and maybe the full set on a blu ray bonus. I can live without the chicken thing again and the bands music at that time,

Mr. Misdemeanor
Killer
Killer

Post by Mr. Misdemeanor » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:07 pm

If only Alice had thrown Yoko into the crowd instead of that poor chicken...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:19 pm

Mr. Misdemeanor wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:07 pm

I really wish there was a like button here. Brilliant!

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:11 pm

Mr. Misdemeanor wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:07 pm
Did you ever see a crowd open up when they didn't want to catch a Stage Diver??? ::((:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Cadaver Eyes
Trash
Trash

Post by Cadaver Eyes » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:37 am

I just watched this on Crave . There is maybe 8 or 9 minutes of Alice and that includes interview clips with him and Shep . There were a few backstage clips with people talking over the footage . Maybe 30 seconds of BeBopALula and She's A Woman . Fun clip of Gene Vincent reading the band's names off of his hand . Some video of Alice onstage with a broom as a prop . The audio on the band's live footage seemed to be generic stock music . Lots of talk about the chicken incident , nothing we haven't heard before . After the Alice stuff , the Chuck Berry footage was the highlight for me .

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:42 am

Cadaver Eyes wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:37 am
I just watched this on Crave . There is maybe 8 or 9 minutes of Alice and that includes interview clips with him and Shep . There were a few backstage clips with people talking over the footage . Maybe 30 seconds of BeBopALula and She's A Woman . Fun clip of Gene Vincent reading the band's names off of his hand . Some video of Alice onstage with a broom as a prop . The audio on the band's live footage seemed to be generic stock music . Lots of talk about the chicken incident , nothing we haven't heard before . After the Alice stuff , the Chuck Berry footage was the highlight for me .
Thank you for that. Am I correct in saying the 30 seconds with Gene is the actual live music and the band on their own is generic stock?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:44 am

Not that I am suggesting doing this but:
Is CraveTV available to stream in the US? No, CraveTV is only available to stream in Canada. However, you can watch CraveTV in the US by using a VPN to connect to a Canadian server. This will then issue your device with a Canadian IP address, so you can bypass CraveTV's region restrictions and stream it from anywhere.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:03 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:44 am
Is CraveTV available to stream in the US? No, CraveTV is only available to stream in Canada. However, you can watch CraveTV in the US by using a VPN to connect to a Canadian server. This will then issue your device with a Canadian IP address, so you can bypass CraveTV's region restrictions and stream it from anywhere.
Might work for you, but simply using a Canadian IP doesn't work for me. Still needs a subscription regardless of where you are.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:58 pm

Cadaver Eyes wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:37 am
Thanks for the info

Cadaver Eyes
Trash
Trash

Post by Cadaver Eyes » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:06 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:42 am

Thank you for that. Am I correct in saying the 30 seconds with Gene is the actual live music and the band on their own is generic stock?
Hi pitkin88,
Yes , live audio for all of the Gene Vincent footage and ACG seems to be generic .
Tom

Cadaver Eyes
Trash
Trash

Post by Cadaver Eyes » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:15 pm

Si wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:03 pm
pitkin88 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:44 am
Might work for you, but simply using a Canadian IP doesn't work for me. Still needs a subscription regardless of where you are.
Yes , Crave is $20 a month subscription . The documentary is interesting but if I didn't already have Crave I don't think the doc would be worth the subscription price . You do get HBOMax with Crave though and that is worth the $20 .

Cadaver Eyes
Trash
Trash

Post by Cadaver Eyes » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:18 pm

VinceRaven wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:58 pm

Thanks for the info
Hi VinceRaven ,
Glad I had something to contribute to the forum , thanks for the comment ,
Tom

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:33 pm

Cadaver Eyes wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:06 pm
pitkin88 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:42 am

Hi pitkin88,
Yes , live audio for all of the Gene Vincent footage and ACG seems to be generic .
Tom
Thanks Tom. Amazing what turns up. Do we see Alice shaking maracas on stage in the Gene Vincent segment?