I Hate You

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: I Hate You

Post by bigbradwolf » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:46 pm

It really frustrates me with all the negativity to new original Alice material that gets put out. If you don't like it, then don't listen to it. There's enough in the back catalogue to listen to. Just be grateful the blokes still putting out new music and touring every year.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:53 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:46 pm
It really frustrates me with all the negativity to new original Alice material that gets put out. If you don't like it, then don't listen to it. There's enough in the back catalogue to listen to. Just be grateful the blokes still putting out new music and touring every year.
I am still grateful he still puts out music but there is no need to instant like or dislike it.
For this new album I will wait because I wanna hear the whole songs but maybe I don't like it. That's NOT the same as negativity it is just my opinion.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:14 pm

You can have opinions here? God forbid you don't like something.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:28 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:24 pm
Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:40 am
Hasn't this already been debated? :bam:
Let's move on to DS! & the track under discussion.
Plus, the rest of the soon to released Lp that Amazon has already
sent an e-mail of delays.
Let's discuss a song ad nauseam we haven't actually heard all of yet. Okay.

Did someone appoint you moderator?
No they haven't. As far as the previous Lp's that I was referring to, couldn't that thread be revived instead of glomming onto something about the new & (hopefully) better received release?
Debate feverishly about past horrors & slam the new Lp before it's released. This page is full of "true" fans! :alice:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:46 pm

mestreech wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:53 pm
bigbradwolf wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:46 pm
I am still grateful he still puts out music but there is no need to instant like or dislike it.
For this new album I will wait because I wanna hear the whole songs but maybe I don't like it. That's NOT the same as negativity it is just my opinion.
If you don't like it, you don't like it. Of what I've heard so far, it's probably not going to be my favourite album but either way I'm excited waiting for my box set. The covers don't inspire me. I'd rather have an album of original material, but lets be fair the blokes put out hours of material over his career, anything else released has to be a bonus.

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:54 am

The intro guitar reminds me of the intro to “Serious.” Anyone notice that. I doubt it was intentional. Anyway, great tune. Can anyone specify which person sings which part? I only recognize Alice. Thanks

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:00 am

To me and my gf, the intro sounds ac/dcish and the songs is kinda punk, but Cherry Bomb kinda sounding

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:43 am

Mr.Bluelegs wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:54 am
The intro guitar reminds me of the intro to “Serious.” Anyone notice that. I doubt it was intentional. Anyway, great tune. Can anyone specify which person sings which part? I only recognize Alice. Thanks
Neal, Michael, Dennis, Alice.

I can see Serious but this is ballsy not slick and synthed.

Best track on the album.

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:35 am

Thanks for the order of the band. Yeah, just that intro reminds me of Serious. Great tune. I think it’s time for an entire original band album. Doesn’t Alice realize that yet?!!?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:42 am

Mr.Bluelegs wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:54 am
Can anyone specify which person sings which part? I only recognize Alice. Thanks
It's all noted on the lyrics page.
Neal sings to Dennis
Mike to Neal
Dennis to Alice
Alice to Mike.
All to Glen.

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:43 pm

Thanks, SI. I haven’t had a chance to pick up the CD yet, so I’ve not seen the lyrics. Planning on getting it this week. I hope it hits the top ten in America & the UK.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:23 pm

Mr.Bluelegs wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:43 pm
Thanks, SI. I haven’t had a chance to pick up the CD yet, so I’ve not seen the lyrics.
Lyrics page:
https://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/14-lyric ... tories.php
:)

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:30 pm

Thanks again, SI! I didn’t realize Detroit Stories was on the discography and lyrics page yet.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:41 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:02 pm
Si wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:51 pm
'Hanging By A Thread' IS the original title. This was said when 'Don't Give Up' was released. It was done with the rest of the album back in 2019/early 2020.
'Don't Give Up' was the same basic recording re-edited and with vocal changes, to release it as virus related late last year. Must admit I was hoping the whole talking bit was only on 'Don't Give Up' and that we'd get properly sung verses on the original album version. Disappointed is also seems to be spoken.
Another Virus mutation!
Alert the authorities!
:rotfl:
The mutation needs to be eradicated! I'll be ripping & changing Detroit Stories because of the "Hotline #".
I'm glad Coop is trying to be helpful but a PSA on a much anticipated release? "Don't give up" at the conclusion of the single sounded sincere. I was considering merging Breadcrumb's leftover's anyway but, I'm not interested in hearing info on a Toll Free # on a complete listen. (I'm sure he's sincere w/HBAT). I usually have random on the Disc changer anyway. I don't wanna be running to the player to advance as soon as I hear the tune.
Because, "Don't Give Up" the single is a worthy document for this pandemic. :HEART:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Gilles27
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Gilles27 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:21 am

Si wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:23 pm
Lyrics page:
Hi Si, I notice that at the end of the lyrics on the part about Glen it says:

All: "But most of all we're filled with rage at the empty space you left on stage..."
Alice: "What a Syd"

Do you think that's a reference to Syd Barret? When I heard it I assumed Alice says "What a Sid" as a reference to Sid Vicious. I thought it was interesting that we seem to have different interpretations. :)
Time is getting closer

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:42 am

I really like the song, reminded me of the new York dolls but I felt another round of insults before the Glen reference would have been hilarious and filled the song out.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:22 am

Gilles27 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:21 am
Si wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:23 pm
Lyrics page:
Hi Si, I notice that at the end of the lyrics on the part about Glen it says:

All: "But most of all we're filled with rage at the empty space you left on stage..."
Alice: "What a Syd"

Do you think that's a reference to Syd Barret? When I heard it I assumed Alice says "What a Sid" as a reference to Sid Vicious. I thought it was interesting that we seem to have different interpretations. :)
Interesting question. When I did the lyrics it automatically seemed to me to be a Barrett reference, as Alice often mentions him when talking about the early years, but now I've seen the official lyrics on the album it is spelt "SID" on there. A question for Alice I guess.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:56 am

I noticed that as well. Maybe a mistake with the spelling in the official lyrics, as surely Syd Barrett is the smarter reference in every way?

Paul
Killer
Killer

Post by Paul » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:03 pm

This song is crying out for a video.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:15 pm

Paul wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:03 pm
This song is crying out for a video.
Was literally thinking this the other day...would be good visually to see who's shouting at who