New theory on an old album

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

New theory on an old album

Post by Toronto Bob » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:51 am

Don't know this was discussed before - apologies if redundant. I don't know how this never occurred to me before, but today I'm looking at the back cover of LITD and seeing the familiar incorrect line up of songs.

The first line has 5 songs, listing Caught In A Dream/I'm Eighteen/Hallowed Be My Name/Long Way to Go/Black Juju. Second line Is It My Body/Second Coming/Ballad of Dwight Fry/Sun Arise. Little mix up no biggie but then it occurred to me this could have been the original running order if they were to use the original longer IIMB including "My Very Own". Using that extended version and having the 5 songs appear on side 1, gives the record a running time of 20 minutes per side. Would have worked perfectly.

This is the kind of revelation a drunk person would find interesting enough to tell someone else - unfortunately I can assure you I'm stone cold sober - only a bit over tired.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: New theory on an old album

Post by Ted Sallis » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:53 pm

An interesting scenario that I hadn't ever thought of which as you state would have been quite logical given the equal running times per side in that case.

Ted

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: New theory on an old album

Post by Lucius Morthem » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:50 pm

I've always wondered if there is a proper recording of Is It My Body with My Very Own. If there is, would it see the light of day someday?

Ohh, I'd kill (my wallet) for that