Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Are Alice's Touring Days Over?

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:41 pm

dadascot wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:56 pm
Mass testing in Liverpool with results in 20 minutes, now to be rolled out in Glasgow. Turns out its not too far fetched. But I bow to all the Facebook experts who know better.
Fairly useless. Testing is solely a moment in time. You can be contagious and still test negative because the tests only detect virus at a certain point.

There have been people that have experienced symptoms, tested negative and then a few days later tested positive.

A vaccine is the only way out of this so it's likely you will need to prove that you were vaccinated.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:44 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:41 pm
dadascot wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:56 pm
Mass testing in Liverpool with results in 20 minutes, now to be rolled out in Glasgow. Turns out its not too far fetched. But I bow to all the Facebook experts who know better.
Fairly useless. Testing is solely a moment in time. You can be contagious and still test negative because the tests only detect virus at a certain point.

There have been people that have experienced symptoms, tested negative and then a few days later tested positive.

A vaccine is the only way out of this so it's likely you will need to prove that you were vaccinated.
"Which one, where & when & have you had the 2nd shot yet?"
"Sorry Sir, to the back of the queue."
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:14 am

Only a mixture of vaccines and testing and tracking will work.Not only that but nearly everyone needs to comply or we keep going round in circles. A combination of about 30% of people refusing to vaccinate and the 5% or so of vaccinations that don’t work and we will keep churning this problem for a few years yet.

Here is a good example of the challenge here in Glasgow. A small company owner is a absolute non-believer but needs to keep trading so implements all safety requirements in his shops and tells staff to apply the governments rules and threatens the sack if they don’t comply.

The owner, then has a birthday party in his house with three other couples. One of his friends had been for a test the morning of the party because he didn’t feel great. He mentioned it at the party but as he was feeling better now they all had a laugh about him falling for the scare stories.

Five days later the owner has visited four of his shops on his weekly tour and his friends wife lets him know the test had come back positive but as her husband was still fine it’s not an issue. Anyway, she and her husband were off to a friend’s home in Turkey for a holiday as they can’t stand all the hysteria and negativity here. The owner thinks that’s a great idea.

Another week later (about four weeks ago now) and the owner’s wife is in hospital and has just been declared critical, all four shops are closed, over forty people are isolating and one of his staff has just been taken to hospital. The owner is crushed and blames the government for not being clear about the risks.

This week we are about to go into lockdown again. The owners wife is still critical but improving slightly. The staff member is back out of hospital and still recovering. At least 7 other people had tested positive two have been very unwell for a least a couple of weeks and one of them went into hospital on Thursday. Two of the shops are closed for good and the other two which reopened will have to close again for lockdown.

The owner still blames the government but also blames his friend for not telling him about his test result quicker. The friend enjoyed his holiday and thinks the owner has fallen victim to the hysteria. He is really sorry the owner’s wife probably got sick but the fact that she is getting better now is proof this is all overhyped. There is apparently “no way” the owner or his friends will ever get a vaccine as it infringes on their human rights.

Madness..

I’m now putting money away to ensure that when Alice tours again I will be there (safely) whatever it takes. I need my normal back.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:48 pm

if it's a shifting antigen like the normal flu that comes back differently each year it'll be a tail-chasing game anyways.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:52 am

Alice has said he will never retire and he is still a really good live act so there is no reason to believe he cannot tour at a high level for at least another 5 years or more, so he definitely is not done.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:13 am

On the news page they are advertising him as playing on the cruise ship in 2021 which is just mindblowing. Why his management would even entertain the idea beggars belief. Imagine an outbreak in one of those and you can't dock. At his age you are just tempting fate. Seriously I doubt it will happen as Covid is showing no sign of disappearing.

How long he can keep his touring band on retainer is another thing that is problematic too. I'm guessing at some point they will be cut off.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:31 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:13 am
On the news page they are advertising him as playing on the cruise ship in 2021 which is just mindblowing. Why his management would even entertain the idea beggars belief. Imagine an outbreak in one of those and you can't dock. At his age you are just tempting fate. Seriously I doubt it will happen as Covid is showing no sign of disappearing.

How long he can keep his touring band on retainer is another thing that is problematic too. I'm guessing at some point they will be cut off.
The MORC show is ironically NOT on a ship. I made the same mistake at first. It's on a beach, and you have to find your own way to get to the show.
I agree that I can't see it happening though and was surprised when it was announced.

in regards the band, and I don`t know much more then you do (and it's not really our business) but I'm not sure they ARE on a "retainer". I think they are paid for each tour or section of a tour, and so this has been pretty hard on them as they have basically lost a year of work, both Alice and solo.
For what it's worth I do know they have been helping out band and crew in various ways as needed but, with respect, I think that is their private business and not ours.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:07 pm

Son of a beach! Thanks for clearing that up.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:22 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:07 pm
Son of a beach! Thanks for clearing that up.
Still most attendee's would need to get on a plane.
The odds are not good when it comes to seeing even a socially distanced show on a beach & then getting back on a plane. Not for me! :nono:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...