Post by Rob » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:50 pm

Now cancelled ::((:
It must be true A_Michael said so

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Rock meets Classic

Post by patrick » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:53 am

saw the Rock meets Classic part with Alice performing Bed of Nails. Well done, but i wonder who chooses which song to be played ... I mean, to do Alice right, wouldn"t e.g. something like HOF been better, with the orchestra behind him?
even thought of SO, his trademarksong, probably matching well with violins ?
any other ideas ?
you really wouldn't understand..

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Rock meets Classic Zurich

Post by Si » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:04 am

Setlist
(Hello Hooray Instrumental Intro) / No More Mr Nice Guy / Under My Wheels / Bed Of Nails / He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask) / Only Women Bleed / Poison / School's Out

I would guess Matt Sinner makes suggestions of what would fit in with the idea of the show, and discusses it with Alice who throws in some ideas and they decide between them, and maybe the orchestra leader, what would work best. But hen they have to include hits, and with only around 20-30 minutes I would guess the set pretty much writes itself. 'He's back' being the only real surprise in the list.

Voodoo Revolution
Killer
Killer

Post by Voodoo Revolution » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:14 am

My partner and I were at the Berlin show, just by the skin of our teeth as it turned out to be the last one.

The rendition of "Only Women Bleed" with the orchestra was spectacular. If he does this tour again I highly recommend it. His setlist is of course shorter as there are other acts on the line-up but don't let that put you off, the show as a whole was great IMO.

I would have loved to have heard him perform "Steven" with the orchestra.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:26 pm

Bed of nails with the orchestra etc was awesome, very very cool. great song and works really well (really brings out the grandness of the album version)
Only critism is the horn section is a touch too high in the mix, but nit picking.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:22 am

I'm not a fan of this kind of stuff. What a naff choice of song was Bed of Nails. Surely My Stars or Halo Of Flies would have benefited from this type of arrangement.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:04 pm

I agree. Who chose that steaming turd for the set?

My Stars would be incredible as would Halo Of Flies. There are so many great songs that would lend themselves to an orchestral arrangement. Go To Hell, Cleansed By Fire, Former Lee Warmer...just to name a few.

Maybe the genius who picked Bed Of Potatoes will add Thrill My Gorilla for next year's set.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:30 pm

aside from your hatred of the song (i love it personally, my second fave off trash) the song is suited well for an upbeat/orchestral set as the song encompasses strings (or string like synths) on the record anyway. So i completely understand why it was picked and again i think its a solid version (albeit too much horn)

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:58 pm

I would imagine the selection would have been based on audience recognition. If so, Trash was a big hit in Europe, more so than the ACG albums in many countries and this therefore becomes an obvious choice for the audience profile.

Liked the song and liked the version here. Would love to hear My Stars and Halo with an orchestra but wouldn’t work for this type of gig.