Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: New album cover

Post by Lucius Morthem » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:53 pm

I Am TIRED of the covers.

Really!

Rock n roll has nothing to do with Detroit and it's going to be the single.

Then Our live will change the world, another cover

Maybe there are more of songs I don't know.

I truly didn't expect much from Alice with Bob but this is lame. The best thing announced is the Paranormal Blu ray.

I hope the few originals, specially those cowritten with Chuck and Ryan are good.

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:22 pm

Any thoughts on if there will also be a CD of that Paris show? I've only bought a few of the live albums in recent years because there are so many, so I wouldn't mind getting the CD in addition to the blu-ray.

Also, I'll echo the crowd and say Alice needs to drop the covers. I wrote a super long article prior to Paranormal coming out where I basically reviewed his entire career and I've felt that since 2011 onwards, he has relied too hard on nostalgia when he doesn't need to at all. I actually love W2MN and Paranormal, but just about everything else he's done in that time feels like a miss, from Hollywood Vampires, to the Raise the Dead section of AC shows. I will remain optimistic, but this is shaping up to be a disappointment.

Edit: just got an email and it doesn't seem like there will be a CD version of that show attached - makes sense, but was hoping it would pay off for me since I don't own it :P

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:35 pm

CD disk artwork now on Amazon, partially

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:38 pm

I'm shocked but in a completely wrong way. Is Alice running out of song ideas? Or is he becoming insanely nostalgic? I was semi-excited before I read Rock 'n' Roll and Our Love Will Change the World will be covers too. What is going on in Cooper camp? I recall that Alice said some months ago that ALL songs will be originals. Why didn't that materialize? I don't even hate that album cover as much as others here. It is much better than Paranormal. I think it is step into the right direction visually and refreshing change of pace. It is actually okay though a bit lacking in execution. But I'm now afraid that it will be the best thing about the album.

I'm not normally the negative one here. I like all eras of Alice. In fact Special Forces, Along Came a Spider and Trash are the only AC albums I don't like. I don't want this album to join that club. But I have to admit I'm very puzzled and confused. My expectations are now very low. I hope this doesn't end up being like first Hollywood Vampires album. The album I listen two or three times and then never bother again. It is strange for me to write this kind of post. But we live in very strange times.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:57 pm

Not seeing this listed on the home page but there appears to be a purple double vinyl + poster set and for those wanting the blu ray purple double vinyl + poster + box set

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:12 pm

Was proper excited for this album until I saw that some of the tracks off the Breadcrumbs EP are on here. Detroit City 2021? I didn't mind the alternate version of 2020 on the Breadcrumbs EP but come on. Three different versions?
Then some of the other tracks are covers?
I wouldn't mind but I ain't even got into the Breadcrumbs EP. Listened to it once or twice and gave up. Most covers Alice does you can tell it's a cover.
Maybe it'll blow me away because I'm not expecting much.
That said, I know the album cover has got some critics, I actually quite like it. Just a shame its not a Batman type vigilante concept album where he slowly goes insane.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:39 pm

Si wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:30 pm
First single is 'Rock'n'Roll' and it's yet another cover, this time that well known Detroit band Velvet Underground....
(they're from NYC)
Apparently Lou Reed WROTE it in Detroit.. kinda tenuous surely...
At first I thought it was going to be The Frost Rock n Roll Music which would have made more sense.

As someone else said " Detroit 21 " is a bit much. Definitely a CD that needs a reburn with covers eliminated.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:42 pm

This is a really good song. Catches you right away. I bet this is one of the best songs on the album.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_R8j9D8mcXg

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:57 pm

Shame gatherings will probably still be restricted next year because with all the covers it would have been sure to be have been toured properly with several songs from it done live :rotfl:

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:59 pm

Spiner202 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:22 pm
Any thoughts on if there will also be a CD of that Paris show? I've only bought a few of the live albums in recent years because there are so many, so I wouldn't mind getting the CD in addition to the blu-ray.
The Paris show was released a couple of years ago.
https://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/01-disco ... vening.php

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:22 pm

Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:56 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:22 pm
Blue vinyl too...

FFS!
This is getting silly... Black, red, clear, purple and now blue... come on...

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:31 pm

concolz wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:43 pm
Si wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:30 pm
First single is 'Rock'n'Roll' and it's yet another cover, this time that well known Detroit band Velvet Underground....
(they're from NYC)
Apparently Lou Reed WROTE it in Detroit.. kinda tenuous surely...
I think it's more to do with Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels putting it out as a single in '71.
That connection would also make sense since Steve Hunter played on that version and Bob Ezrin produced it.
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:35 pm

The money grab has gotten to almost KISS levels. Everything is collectibles with no substance.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:01 pm

Everyone moaning about different coloured vinyls, I urge to check out Rob Zombie's various different ones (all on his website)

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:11 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:01 pm
Everyone moaning about different coloured vinyls, I urge to check out Rob Zombie's various different ones (all on his website)
Lunacy...

Steven Allan
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Allan » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:54 pm

Soo... I haven't being paying attention. Apologies :)

Is this available to pre-order from anywhere yet? I see Amazon have some listings, which look like placeholders.

Edit: I think I'm only after the CD boxed set.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:13 pm

I was annoyed at the breadcrumb tracks being on. I was hoping that was a standalone lp and this would be all new tracks. The blabbermouth site has (album version) next to these tracks but probably will only be some tinkering. Also heard very little about any involvement from the originals other than Neals song. For what it's worth I like the cover.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:31 pm

dadascot wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:13 pm
Also heard very little about any involvement from the originals other than Neals song.
They have all recorded for it, so assume they are on there somewhere.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:08 am

Plenty of us were hoping Hollywood Vampires was going to get the need for covers out of the way of his own stuff. Really disappointing to see them piling up on the new record.