Are Alice's Touring Days Over?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Are Alice's Touring Days Over?

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:56 pm

I'm sure the touring band are on a retainer but how long can Alice keep paying this with no income generated? Unless he took advantage of the business stimulus package it is not sustainable with Covid showing no end in sight.

The Hollywood Vampires are bankrolled by JD who could probably just sell an Island but I don't see Alice having that kind of dough.

Also Alice will probably be mid 73 or late 73 when things finally settle ( if they do ). Maybe it's just time to hit the links for good.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Are Alice's Touring Days Over?

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:05 pm

Also begs the question why not release the new album? Xmas is around the corner and it could get lost in the December madness. How about the School's Out with unheard track too? That has probably been completed for two years.
I suppose the $30 for three ( Alice's passion ) got sauces will have to suffice.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:26 pm

Good points and I cannot really disagree with any of them. However, I find it difficult to see Alice just fading away, unless the pandemic runs for years and gives him no options. I think he would work really hard to make some kind of farewell tour or something else to celebrate his career before retiring.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:59 pm

Alice won't stop unless he is forced to stop. I understand the concern about keeping the band in orbit, but their finances are linked to the entire industry's finances. I imagine that there are multiple factors being used throughout the music industry to help everyone involved. My concern is for Alice's health and sanity. His work ethic is indomitable, but without touring, there is not a lot of work to do. For all of them to be sidelined must be maddening.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:38 pm

There seems to be some artists streaming live shows. Not something I would pay for. Would anyone here pay to see a live Alice streamed show?

I think the only place he could play right now is New Zealand which seems to be almost Covid free and has full crowd capacity at sporting venues.

The only good thing is Ticket Master must be taking a bath.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:43 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:38 pm
There seems to be some artists streaming live shows. Not something I would pay for. Would anyone here pay to see a live Alice streamed show?
Yes, depending on price. It would have to be pretty low.
I paid for the Beasto stream which was very good and only about $10 for an hour show. That seemed reasonable value, especially as they are basically just trying to make some money in the current circumstances.

As has been said before an Alice stream would be much harder to do as the band are spread out around the world and can't be together.

PFOLGORE
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PFOLGORE » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:39 am

If there was ever a band cut out to do a residency in Las Vegas it’s Alice Cooper, he could do a decade run there. Not too far from is home in AZ. I wonder why that has never been considered.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:04 am

PFOLGORE wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:39 am
If there was ever a band cut out to do a residency in Las Vegas it’s Alice Cooper, he could do a decade run there. Not too far from is home in AZ. I wonder why that has never been considered.
It's been mentioned before. Doing a WTMN show in Vegas.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:35 pm

PFOLGORE wrote:
Those two words kind of look nice together. I'd likely miss out, because I have no desire for Vegas, but you're right.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

PFOLGORE
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PFOLGORE » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:03 pm

Si wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:04 am
PFOLGORE wrote:
yes, I saw his WTMN show at the Sahara in Lake Tahoe back in the seventies, spectacular show back then.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:45 pm

PFOLGORE wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:03 pm
Si wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:04 am
PFOLGORE wrote:
yes, I saw his WTMN show at the Sahara in Lake Tahoe back in the seventies, spectacular show back then.
True, but I was speaking of more recently, the last few years. He's mentioned the idea of a residency in Vegas or NY.

Of course even further back there was the plan for 'Alice at the Palace' in around 1973 but that didn't happen in the end.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:00 am

I remember reading in the ME , shortly after the WTMNM tour, that Alice even thought his show could be brought on Broadway, not necessarely with himself as an actor ..
Should Alice touring days be over, then we were very lucky to see the last tour with all the "new" old songs :)
you really wouldn't understand..

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:36 pm

patrick wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:00 am
Should Alice touring days be over, then we were very lucky to see the last tour with all the "new" old songs :)
Not to sound defeatist, but I've accepted that my days of attending concerts may be over. As I've thought about that, I've reminded myself how incredibly lucky I was to catch three shows on the last tour. Alice's shows have always been great, but the last one was, IMO, by far the best in many years---the setlist, the stage, the show, the band, and the performances. All fantastic!

The first time I had the chance to catch two shows on the same tour was 2006. I enjoyed it a lot, and I decided then that, since we had no idea how long Alice would keep touring, I was going to attend every show I reasonably could do. I had no idea that 13 years later, Alice would still be going strong, and that I would be able to see 26 shows over those 13 years (23 of them were between 2009 and 2019). Oh, plus a Hollywood Vampires show.

Logan
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Logan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:09 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:05 pm
Also begs the question why not release the new album? Xmas is around the corner and it could get lost in the December madness. How about the School's Out with unheard track too? That has probably been completed for two years.
I suppose the $30 for three ( Alice's passion ) got sauces will have to suffice.
I agree Alice’s album should be released this year around Halloween. But Alice is an optimist and probably thinks he’ll be touring soon. Wish I lived in that world.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:11 am

No one is going to be touring soon. Someone is going to have to come up with a new business model to make money. That retainer can't go on forever.

Logan
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Logan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:18 pm

Just seen this short article on hairbandheaven.rocks/single-post/2020/05/27/ALICE-COOPER-completes-work-on-new-album-Detroit-Stories
Alice quoted as saying "Cooper said that there's no release date yet for "Detroit Stories". "There's nobody saying, 'Oh, you have to have it done by blah blah blah,'" he said. "The whole world is on hold right now [due to the coronavirus pandemic]."

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:39 am

who knows what he will do, COVID cannot go away until we have herd immunity/vaccine in conjunction.
What i dont get, if the new album is done, get it out to us! i dont understand the long wait at all.
But then while your waiting for things to quiet down, get writing a new album. Why not? im sure his band is free to write & take advantage.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:41 pm

Alice just said in the livestream that the album is due February.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:44 am

I think it's a reasonable question to ask. I was looking at Hollywood Vampires tickets the other day for the rescheduled tour in the UK, I can't see it happening. I've got tickets for Rammstein in June, I can't see it happening. Lets be honest until this Covid thing clears off I just can't see gigs (indoor in particular) happening. I think people need to realise that this thing could still be around in five years time.
I ain't keen on these online gigs but if Alice was to do one, it would have to be done.
It also has to be factored in with Alice's age, if Covid fades away but is still present in society is it worth the risk at his age to get out and about, playing hundreds of shows around the world every year?
With all this down time I'd love to think Alice is still writing and would love to see him release a few more albums on the back of this. Wouldn't it be great if we could have two or three albums released over the next couple of years.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:21 am

Covid will be around as an entity but once the populace has been exposed and their immune system recognises it, it will likely fade to a flu level entity. Hopefully the oxford team vaccine continues to do well and is stable enough to make it to market then people will likely get the flu jab and covid at the same time.
Covid is not a major issue for the vast majority of the population so once we get a herd immunity it should be broadly back to business as usual. (its just how long that takes because you have to balance everyone getting it with the risk of overloading NHS/health care systems)
Gigs will happen again, hopefully enough people still care about them. Its the same for cinema with them closing a second time will they reopen to people wanting them? or will people be too far gone with netflix etc