Glasgow Apollo, February 19th, 1982.

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

iansmith
Trash
Trash

Glasgow Apollo, February 19th, 1982.

Post by iansmith » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:32 am

Hello, I have been an Alice fan since I first heard him when I was 13 years old. The first time I seen him live was at the legendary Glasgow Apollo show in February 1982, which I will be buying on vinyl as soon as its available, and it was awesome. Best atmosphere I have ever experienced at a gig anywhere. Everytime he tours the U.K. I go to at least 2 shows, I've also been to Europe a couple of times to see him. A total of somewhere between 30 and 40 times. Not really that many when I speak to people at shows who have seen him 100 plus times !!! Honestly don't know how they manage it. None of them however have been quite the same as that night in Glasgow.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Glasgow Apollo, February 19th, 1982.

Post by VinceRaven » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:11 pm

It was a truly great gig. The version of Under My Wheels that night is probably still my all-time highlight from any occasion I've ever seen Alice.

Not everybody loved it though. I well remember some loud guy shouting at the top of his voice as the auditorium emptied at the end, "Six quid! For that?!" I think his main grumble was the brevity of the set. You can't please everybody I suppose.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:07 pm

I was 15 at this gig. We dogged school and dodged the train fair to get our tickets. Still my favourite gig ever.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:15 pm

I bought the bootleg vinyl last year after spending 37 years trying to track it down, only for them to announce the following week that it was getting a proper release. Under my wheels was the standout but model citizen and I never cry were incredible.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:23 am

iansmith wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:32 am
Hello, I have been an Alice fan since I first heard him when I was 13 years old. The first time I seen him live was at the legendary Glasgow Apollo show in February 1982, which I will be buying on vinyl as soon as its available, and it was awesome. Best atmosphere I have ever experienced at a gig anywhere. Everytime he tours the U.K. I go to at least 2 shows, I've also been to Europe a couple of times to see him. A total of somewhere between 30 and 40 times. Not really that many when I speak to people at shows who have seen him 100 plus times !!! Honestly don't know how they manage it. None of them however have been quite the same as that night in Glasgow.
I could have written this. Identical to me except I was not quite 13.