And another to come.

The last temptation (blue vinyl - gatefold - birthday edition) on FRIDAY music

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN ... hingsuk-20

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Re: New Last Temptation on vinyl.

Post by dadascot » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:20 pm

Wasn't that long ago when they released the orange sunburst was released. Would like this but can't justify it so I won't give in to temptation.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:01 pm

Honestly, I think these endless reissues have become rather pointless and tiresome. They are mostly simply money grabs.
Every month there are more and any uniqueness has now gone. Miss this one? Wait six months and there will be another one.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:12 am

I have to say that I am enjoying these reissues. Some of my vinyls from back in the day had some scratches, some I only had on CD so I have found it a good way to build up my collection. Also with the explosion in vinyl sales there is a new audience. It's not going to be massive but if they weren't making money then they wouldn't keep releasing them. It's only a bad thing if you are an absolute completist.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:23 am

For about the same price, you can get the Epic/Music On Vinyl repress that is a true copy to the original pressing, and it is black vinyl. The Friday Records vinyls do not use the same labels as the original, and they are generally inferior in sound quality. I also do not care for colored vinyl as the lack of carbon leaves the vinyl more prone to create static which makes the grooves more susceptible to picking up dust and other junk due that will create quicker wear and tear to the vinyl and stylus.

I have collected the Rhino reissues of the ACG through Blackout period though, since those colored vinyls have had all the original pressing features. I hope they get around to School’s Out and Muscle Of Love soon.

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:54 am

As guttertrash says Friday Records don’t have the best reputation for their reissues.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:54 am

Another Last Temptation? I'm getting to the point where I'm probably going to stop collecting the re-issues unless there is something really notable about them. It's a vicious circle as if you keep buying them they'll keep making them!

This is an odd one as Friday Music already released a blue gatefold version in 2016 (the orange version mentioned above was by Music On Vinyl in 2018).
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:03 am

Another question is what would this be the anniversary of? I guess a late 25th as the album first came out in 1994.

What's also odd is that it's already listed for sale here, but appears to be the same as the 2016 release:

https://www.fridaymusic.com/product/Y4L ... 1668_80596
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:13 am

guttertrash wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:23 am
For about the same price, you can get the Epic/Music On Vinyl repress that is a true copy to the original pressing, and it is black vinyl. The Friday Records vinyls do not use the same labels as the original, and they are generally inferior in sound quality. I also do not care for colored vinyl as the lack of carbon leaves the vinyl more prone to create static which makes the grooves more susceptible to picking up dust and other junk due that will create quicker wear and tear to the vinyl and stylus.

I have collected the Rhino reissues of the ACG through Blackout period though, since those colored vinyls have had all the original pressing features. I hope they get around to School’s Out and Muscle Of Love soon.
Rhino was so good at what they did with re-issues that they were bought by Warner Music.
They continue to mine the archives & issue excellent material. :clap:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...