Hollywood Vampires meet and greet.

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Phil1985
Trash
Trash

Hollywood Vampires meet and greet.

Post by Phil1985 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:29 pm

I’ve just checked out the meet and greet packages for the UK your next September and I nearly choked on my drink at the price and more specifically the limitations imposed, so, I’ve done about 5 Alice meet and greets over the last 15 years, all for about £500 on average, took a bag full of stuff to be signed, sat with Alice, talked loads (generally about DaDa to be honest) and although expensive, never felt ripped off, loved every second.
However, when reading the small print about the Vampires VIP package, it states that you can’t take a camera, no personal autographs, no personal photos, basically it’s just a chat with Alice, Joe and Johnny and one photo, that they will sign and then that’s it, all for the princely sum of £1200!!! Plus the booking fee, have they taken leave of their senses!!! Has anyone on here done the vampires meet and greet? Was it worth the cash?
My friend is the sound manager for the darkness, so during the last vampires tour of the UK I was basically acting as roadie for the Birmingham gig, so I was there with the band (minus Alice) while they sound checked ‘all the young dudes’ with Ian Hunter, it was all so cool, this time, obviously minus the darkness, that Avenue is closed, so as I said before, checked out the meet and greet thing and then felt compelled to start this thread

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Hollywood Vampires meet and greet.

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:00 pm

I have not done a Vampires MnG so can't say anything. But, not being able to do personal photos on your own phone/camera is pretty common with such things. That is true of Alice solo MnGs as well.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Phil1985
Trash
Trash

Post by Phil1985 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:00 pm

There have been at least two occasions where I have used my own camera at the Alice meet and greets, and when the photos were taken by a member of Alices team there were at least two or three pictures taken and given to us, this Hollywood vampires meet and greet seems to imply just one photograph.Just seems like such a rip-off

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:04 pm

I think Kyler normally takes more then one just to make sure you get a decent one. Would be nothing worse then paying a fortune and getting only one shot with your eyes shut etc.
Photos are uploaded afterwards for you to download so if you go to the HV VIP site (don`t have the URL) I would expect you to see more then one shot of each person (as it is with AC ones).

Phil1985
Trash
Trash

Post by Phil1985 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:04 pm

What about the no personal autographs either?
So I can’t take anything to be signed, just the photograph.
As I said, just seems like such an extraordinary amount of money for there to be such strict limitations.
And of course the corollary statement to this is ‘if you don’t like it, just don’t buy it’ and that’s of course true but it’s like going to the shop for a milkshake and finding it’s now £10!! Can you live without it, yes, is it necessary, no, would you like it though, yes, then just stand there flabbergasted at the audacity of charging such a bewildering amount............
Rant over, so, on to the next topic.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:23 am

I suppose there is allot of screaming girlies that want a photo etc with johnny depp so I presume the price is ramped up accordingly.
Sad but true.
I wouldn't pay that if I was a millionaire!

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:54 am

I may have been turned off of "Meet & Greets" early on but my 1st (not AC at all) was the band a-ha who had a slight video hit with "Take On Me". A Corporate sponsored event of which free tix were provided by the sponsor. Good seats & shuffled to a backstage room. Where after waiting through 2 or 3 Heinekens the band dutifully arrived at the entrance to the room & signed items (I had bought a program) at the doorway. ::((: They put on a decent show but the defining factor was Free Tix! :8):
I've met & worked with a few bands since & would love to meet AC & Touring band plus the Vampires. But, I feel I would be tongue-tied & ask stoopid questions instead of the ones I really want to know. At the HV price wouldn't even think about paying!
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:44 pm

I hesitate to say anything that could cost Alice business, but for me the Vampires meet and greet was not worth the money. It was basically in and out in 2 minutes. I was trying to chat Alice up and we both are making goofy faces in the pictures as a result. I waited in line for quite a long time as well, thanks to the JD factor. People dressed as Jack Sparrow and all other types of unique people were mainly interested in meeting JD. I would do Alice solo meet and greet again in a heartbeat, but I would never do vampires again. The one good thing that came from it was that I got to meet Shep mozying around backstage, which was the coolest part of the whole night.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:56 am

How much did it cost you for the 2 minutes?

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:17 pm

It was about $1500 or 3 times a normal Alice meet and greet. A fan would get so much more out of 3 AC meet and greets than 1 AC meet and greet. Then again, maybe they've received similar feedback and improved the process a little bit. Then again again, maybe not.