Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

jram
Killer
Killer

OGs on the next Alice album

Post by jram » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:21 pm

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/alice-c ... per-album/

"Alice Cooper said his upcoming album would feature the surviving members of the original Alice Cooper band, and it would feature “a lot of different flavors.” .... “We go to a lot of places that we wouldn’t normally go, because we’re working with writers that we normally don’t work with, and I kind of like that. I like breaking out of the mode where an Alice Cooper albums sounds like an Alice Cooper album. This will sound like an Alice Cooper album, but it will definitely have a lot of different flavors in it that we don’t normally go to.”

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: OGs on the next Alice album

Post by Si » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:28 pm

This is just the same as W2MN and Paranormal.
They will likely be on a few tracks again, but I very much doubt it will be a new ACG album, which is doubtless how some people will spin this comment, as they have with the last two times he's said it. Some sites are already doing exactly that.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:49 pm

I listened to the radio interview and it was very clear that they will only be contributing to a few songs as Si has said. To be honest I always thought that it would be a repeat of the last two albums.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:09 pm

I think the word feature gives it away. I think the only way a full album with the remaining will happen is if Alice knows it will be the last album he records and wants to come full circle.

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:07 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:09 pm
I think the word feature gives it away. I think the only way a full album with the remaining will happen is if Alice knows it will be the last album he records and wants to come full circle.
IF Alice ever decides to do a final album, it may INCLUDE his OG, but it won't be exclusive to them. He does not see his career being EXCLUSIVE to that group, and any FINAL album he produces will include other musicians that intersected his career path. IF Alice and the OG make an exclusive album...it won't be Alice's last.
What you want and what you get are two different things

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:41 pm

Well, with the way things have been going for a while now and considering W2MN and Paranormal, it would be news if they were not featured. Either way - looking forward to it.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:05 am

Cold Room wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:07 pm
pitkin88 wrote:
IF Alice ever decides to do a final album, it may INCLUDE his OG, but it won't be exclusive to them. He does not see his career being EXCLUSIVE to that group, and any FINAL album he produces will include other musicians that intersected his career path. IF Alice and the OG make an exclusive album...it won't be Alice's last.
You make a very good point there. But, would that be an Alice decision or Ezrins?
Maybe an Abby Road/Let It Be kind of thing. ;)
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:19 pm

Are we assuming Ezrin is going to continue producing Alice s albums?

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:33 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:19 pm
Are we assuming Ezrin is going to continue producing Alice s albums?
Maybe, there's no sign of a rift at the present but...

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:08 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:05 am
Cold Room wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:07 pm
pitkin88 wrote:
You make a very good point there. But, would that be an Alice decision or Ezrins?
And/or a Shep Gordon decision.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:30 am

At this point it shouldn't be about the Benjamin's. :x
It should be about Alice & the OG's friendship. But, mostly about the Music. Sure Shep as manager would have some input but, his paycheck involves getting what AC wants done.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:25 am

I'm sure She P makes more from his cookery stuff than he does from Alice these days.

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:13 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:25 am
I'm sure She P makes more from his cookery stuff than he does from Alice these days.
Until Shep/Alice open the books on Alive....I will assume that Mr. Gordon takes a VERY large chunk of what ever Alice Cooper makes. Mr. Gordon took a big gamble on down and out rockstar in the 80s and did the work to bring him back to life (so to speak). I am sure Shep's new contract with Alice...created at that time...called for more than the typical 10 to 15% "agent fee". Shep did the job he promised, so why would he take a cut in pay?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:52 pm

Nobody said he took a pay cut. I'm guessing he probably makes more from his other business interests than he does from Alice Cooper!

Also why would he need to open up his books?

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:55 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:52 pm
Nobody said he took a pay cut. I'm guessing he probably makes more from his other business interests than he does from Alice Cooper!

Also why would he need to open up his books?
Oh, I didn't mean he/they need to legally open "the books"...but it might make interesting reading. :grin:
And as far as what Shep gets out of Alive/Alice....if someone told me that it was a 50-50% split, I would not be stunned. (Who knows?)

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:19 am

I am excited either way. I like that he isn't claiming to go back to a particular kind of sound, I am sure bob ezrin will make the album flow and feel cohesive no matter how varied it gets.
So good for him to still be releasing new stuff with passion and enthusiasm. The guy is a legend.
Kinda new the OG's would be on it for a couple of songs and why not, if it works carry on!
Would love a Guest spot for Kane on the new album, given how well they get on and Kane being back into music. But we will see.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:09 am

quote : So good for him to still be releasing new stuff with passion and enthusiasm.
Enthusiasm is the right word : if one looks at the clip for I want my now , he still got it !
And his voice on Suzi Q's cover :as good as ever.
Indeed great times for AC fans!
you really wouldn't understand..

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:54 am

I am amazed (in a pleasant way) about, not just the amount of output but also the enthusiasm, energy and creativity of the recent projects. I remember back to Dadas release, I was so excited about the album and waited with baited breath for a tour, and waited, and waited... for three years. In those pre-internet days you could only scan the music press with barely a mention. Now we have had five studio releases this decade all sounding fresh... At Least to me, and one more almost finished. When it was announced that the OGs were contributing to W2MNM I was over the moon, and their songs were amongst the best on the album, the same for paranormal. I hope that there will be more than three tracks containing the OGs on the next album. Alice seems to have really reconnected with DD. I seriously doubt we will see a full album at any time but then again Alice has constantly surprised me recently so who knows. G

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:05 pm

For those who aren't satisfied with the OGs only doing three tracks per album, if you make them all into one playlist, by the time the new album drops, there should be enough OG tracks to make up a faux album if that helps!

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:28 am

According to azcentral Alice and the OGs are spending a few days in the studio after the pudding