Hollywood vampires tickets.

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Hollywood vampires tickets.

Post by dadascot » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:05 pm

I decided to go old school and went to the SECC box office to get my tickets. Got 2nd row with no card charges. I did the same with the Who last month. I know it is not possible for everyone but definitely the best approach if you can. Also met some good people in the queue. Well I say queue but there was only another six or seven.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Hollywood vampires tickets.

Post by Si » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:15 pm

There was nothing available online close enough to the stage, for London or Birmingham, in either pre-sales or public sale that I was prepared to pay that sort of money for. Several of us were refreshing and refreshing for a couple of hours at the various sites selling tickets. Nothing good ever came up. Same thing happened last time.
We knew about the box office in Glasgow and I can confirm what Dadascot says as a friend did the same. That is the way to get a decent ticket for Glasgow if you can get there. Doesn't work anywhere else though to my knowledge.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:43 pm

Si, you can get free tickets I'm sure. You deserve them and I doubt anyone would begrudge you!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:18 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:43 pm
Si, you can get free tickets I'm sure. You deserve them and I doubt anyone would begrudge you!
I buy my own tickets and have to find the best ones I can.
Generally complimentary (press/guests) tickets are not particularly close to the stage, they're free after all.
I want to be as close as possible.
To me, with the price tickets are nowadays, 20 rows back trying to see between heads and phones, it's just not worth going, especially when you add in £25 parking etc. Just too expensive. That's just how I personally feel.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:24 am

Fair enough. Thinking of Alice at The Liverpool Empire 1975. 2 pounds 50 pence. 4th row! It was the price of a new album at the time.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:55 am

I'm not rushing this time. Not sure whether attendance will be as good this time but will await the inevitable availability of good seats closer to the date. Would rather see them in a standing venue again though.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:34 pm

Just to say that yesterday my tickets came through the post and I realised that I had bought four tickets instead of five, so I jumped out to the box office at the hydro. They exchanged my four tickets, which were second row but quite far to the left of stage, for five seats dead centre, seven rows back. This would never have been possible through a Web site. It also means that there are four tickets available for the second row in Glasgow.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:12 am

Good man Dadascot!

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:41 am

Just bought standing tickets for 2,500 capacity Paris Olympia as just couldn't get enthusiasm for the seated Glasgow Hydro date only a couple of days later. Summer holiday will now work around this date.

It's almost sold out and If the Paris crowd is anything like it was for Alice himself last year it will be a great atmosphere...and I'll probably end up at the Glasgow gig as well if home in time!

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:10 am

Disappointing sales for Glasgow Hydro gig so far. Still a long time to go but looks to be well down on the last visit. Same happening elsewhere?

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:06 pm

After seeing and hearing aerosmith the other night it's no wonder Joe Perry is thrilled to be in the HV. Steven Tyler looked like an elderly drag queen suffering from a life long case of syphilis.