RARHOF Alice Cooper Fan Day - Live From The Astroturf / Cold Cold Coffin

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

RARHOF Alice Cooper Fan Day - Live From The Astroturf / Cold Cold Coffin

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:48 pm

I was at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame yesterday for Alice Cooper Fan Day and was able to see the "Live From The Astroturf" film.

It is a KILLER film! I was really impressed with how well put together it is. It does a great job telling the story of how the
entire event came together interspersed with the complete performance from that night. I can't wait until I can own a copy of this somewhere down the line, it's essential for any Alice Cooper fan.

As many probably know, the performance that night was magical. It far exceeded the RARHOF induction performance which I was also able to enjoy at one of the other theaters. Watching them back to back, the difference is stunning.

Along with that, they were showing Dennis' film "Cold Cold Coffin". It's a cool dark, horror throwback type film starring Dennis and Calico. I really enjoyed it also and am proud I was a Kickstarter supporter of it.

All in all, yesterday was a very cool event to celebrate the greatness of Alice Cooper followed by Alice's killer show at the Nautica Pavilion later that night.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: RARHOF Alice Cooper Fan Day - Live From The Astroturf / Cold Cold Coffin

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:57 am

I hope it makes its money back or turns a profit. It's won a few awards which is great. Hopefully, Netflix or Hulu will pick it up.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:23 am

it was indeed a ton of fun. wish I'd known a fellow sick thing was there!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:36 pm

Watched Cold Cold Coffin last night and really enjoyed it!

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:32 am

thought it was cool too. met dennis right before they aired it at the rock hall! (and cindy and glens sister!)

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:41 pm

I thought the Astroturf film was Great as did my wife!! We seen it in Buffalo a couple of weeks ago & yes it was put together great! They didn't show the Cold Coffin video in Buffalo...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:34 pm

The video is on the News Page if anyone hasn't seen it. It's a very catchy and clever song. Looks like it could be an old Twilight Zone idea. I really hope Alice thinks of Dennis as a writing partner as he is coming up with some really strong work.

Does anyone know if this is being released as a single?

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:18 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:34 pm
The short answer is yes, sort of!

A download and 7" vinyl single was offered to people that pledged funds as part of the CCC Kickstarter project, plus also lathe cuts of CCC, The Sound Of A and Fireball demos:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/de ... ock-cinema

The last I heard though is that they were thinking of instead producing an LP with all the material on one disc plus other content.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:00 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:18 am
pitkin88 wrote:

A download and 7" vinyl single was offered to people that pledged funds as part of the CCC Kickstarter project, plus also lathe cuts of CCC, The Sound Of A and Fireball demos:

The last I heard though is that they were thinking of instead producing an LP with all the material on one disc plus other content.
That would be nice but that is NOT what I pledged and paid for. Strange very strange.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:40 pm

mestreech wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:00 pm
wind_up_toy wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:18 am
pitkin88 wrote:

That would be nice but that is NOT what I pledged and paid for. Strange very strange.
Did you not get what you Pledged for? Or, did you think that those materials wouldn't be reproduced at some point for the masses? Most of the Pledge items on the site referred to being delivered starting in May 2019. There is a note from Dennis to Pledge holders that you need to sign in for. :ghostface:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:59 pm

I can't speak on their behalf, but a potential problem with Kickstarter projects is that you can offer bespoke incentives without knowing how many you'll sell. If only a handful are ordered then it may make production of them economically unviable and that may be why they're looking to consolidate some of the original offerings into a single deluxe LP.

If it's anything like the Live From The Astroturf LPs then I'm sure backers will not be disappointed, even if it's not what they originally pledged for. Also, and from what I've seen, backers who ordered off-the-shelf incentives have been sent some additional personalised items from Dennis and have been really pleased with them. Finally, some of the heavier backers have also been rewarded with an unexpected appearance in the credits for CCC.

The main thing for me is that CCC got funded and turned into a brilliant short film, the incentives will no doubt come through soon and will be worth the wait.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:11 pm

It's only got a couple of thousand views on YouTube which is a little disappointing. I'm still not quite sure was the end goal of the project apart from just getting it made.

An Alice vocal on one side and the Dennis vocal on the other would make a great 12 inch single!

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:07 pm

I've now seen the film & will say job well done! :clap:
Calico & Dennis' performances were well played & her choreography is excellent.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:06 am

wind_up_toy wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:59 pm
I can't speak on their behalf, but a potential problem with Kickstarter projects is that you can offer bespoke incentives without knowing how many you'll sell. If only a handful are ordered then it may make production of them economically unviable and that may be why they're looking to consolidate some of the original offerings into a single deluxe LP.

If it's anything like the Live From The Astroturf LPs then I'm sure backers will not be disappointed, even if it's not what they originally pledged for. Also, and from what I've seen, backers who ordered off-the-shelf incentives have been sent some additional personalised items from Dennis and have been really pleased with them. Finally, some of the heavier backers have also been rewarded with an unexpected appearance in the credits for CCC.

The main thing for me is that CCC got funded and turned into a brilliant short film, the incentives will no doubt come through soon and will be worth the wait.
I have backed more then $200 for the singles so I expect to get singles and not something else.
They should have said that there could be another solution (like the singles on an album).
Plus the fact that there is little to no communication or info. The singles are way overtime.
I've got nothing but I'm waiting and waiting. I'm NOT satisfied.
And although I loved to contribute to the project I'm disappointed.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:32 am

Sorry to hear that Mestreech and I agree with you 100%! You could always dispute with your credit card company if you didn't get what you paid for.

I have only done one kickstarter which was the Veronica Mars movie. Updates were daily and my daughter and I were very happy with our exclusive t shirts. The whole thing was a lot of fun.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:33 am

Where is Bob? He was pushing this project quite a bit. Be interested to see what he thought of the song and video. It is a video right?

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:59 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:33 am
Where is Bob? He was pushing this project quite a bit. Be interested to see what he thought of the song and video. It is a video right?
The Cold, Cold Coffin video is great. If you can watch it on a large screen, it is really something. "Old-timey" but modern.

The song fits well. To be honest...I've not listened to the entire song as a stand alone. Something I will have to do.

As for the person who didn't get his pledge items. Try contacting Christopher Todd Penn at "Good Records" in Dallas. He did a lot of work on the Kickstarter project. Chris is on Facebook, and the store has a website. If you can't get in touch with him (he is pretty good at getting back to people)...PM me your actual name and I'll send it to Dennis and Chris with your concerns.
What you want and what you get are two different things

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:31 pm

Cold Room wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:59 pm
As for the person who didn't get his pledge items. Try contacting Christopher Todd Penn at "Good Records" in Dallas. He did a lot of work on the Kickstarter project. Chris is on Facebook, and the store has a website. If you can't get in touch with him (he is pretty good at getting back to people)...PM me your actual name and I'll send it to Dennis and Chris with your concerns.
Note that people who only ordered downloads also haven't heard anything yet. Seems they have been doing the bigger stuff first. I trust Dennis and Chris to get it all done eventually.