Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Gilles27
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: ‘Ol black eyes is back Tour

Post by Gilles27 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:11 pm

tommycooper wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:45 pm
When he came back in ‘86 it was a very pleasant shock, but if anyone had told me then that he’d still be doing it 33 years later I’d have handed them Alice’s Certificate of Insanity. Long may you continue Alice, and many thanks for all the great memories to date
That's a great point. I got into Alice just after Dada was released. I bought all his albums but had no idea if he was alive or dead! There was no internet for me to check. I remember going to the library to try to find out! When I read in Kerrang that he was doing a song with Twisted Sister I was amazed and happy. I saw him twice on 1986 UK tour and I remember thinking "I'd better see him while I can as he's an old fella and might not be around for long!". I was 18 when he did those shows. Alice was 38, and I thought he was past it! We're 51 and 71 now and I reckon we've got a few tours left in us!!
Time is getting closer

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:26 pm

I went to Birmingham gig friday night.
Gotta say it is the best thing he has done since 99. I'd say the rock and roll carnival might be better but only because of the standing/smaller venue vibe. (and nothings free/cleansed by fire :) )
Best setlist i think he has ever done - NO BALLADS!!! so many great tunes, the band were great (apart from that chris wyse who didn't really make any impression, but i suppose that is the lot of a stand in)
Alice was on fire, NIta was especially amazing and even Ryan seemed to be enjoying himself (haven't seen that happen for a while)
The stage set itself was magnificent and I loved the various "bits"
The highlight was obviously roses on white lace (and indeed nitas solo beforehand was awesome)
The only downside is predictably, that the arena was seated obviously and the atmosphere in the crowd was rubbish.
The band must feel so deflated getting little to no reaction. I was in row F so quite far back, but believe me, me and my mate went crazy for the whole 1.5 hours. ESPECIALLY in roses where at one point i actually stood on the seat for the applause!
I dont think i have been as excited for a gig since brutal planet and i dont think i have ever had as much fun. My alice make up was all but disintegrated because i sweated so much and my shirt was ringing wet!
The only thing better would be to have a standing area at a reasonable price, this would then have kicked off nicely i am sure.

I dont know what has made alice suddenly kick ass again, but man am i grateful. it was stunning!!!
Seriously still grinning now and i generally think its one of, if not my fave gig ever.
Well done alice and team (especially nita) :clap:

lordcatfish
Killer
Killer

Post by lordcatfish » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:32 pm

I went to the Manchester and Birmingham shows. Both fantastic of course, and managed to snag front row for both which was incredible. I think I preferred the Manc show as it was first, but Brum probably had slightly better sound. Chris Wyse did a good job filling in for Chuck, but lacked the energy that the latter brings.

Setlist was brilliant. I wish I didn't know it beforehand, as the surprise of some of these songs would have been amazing. "He's Back", "Escape" and "Bed of Nails" work really well live. "Roses on White Lace" was pretty good too. "My Stars" is an absolute treat. I was right in front of Roxie for Brum and he was well into it - I take he pushed for this one to be included? "Fallen in Love" also surprised me - not a huge fan of the studio version but live it's a lot better. Conversely, I don't think "Teenage Frankenstein" worked that well, although it was still fairly decent.

As an aside, Brum was my tenth Alice show, and I can't remember seeing such balloon related chaos in "School's Out" as I did then. There barely seemed to be room for anyone to move on stage. Is it often like that, as I can't recall anything like that from memory?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:28 pm

lordcatfish wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:32 pm
"My Stars" is an absolute treat. I was right in front of Roxie for Brum and he was well into it - I take he pushed for this one to be included? "
Many fans have been asking for it for YEARS, and yes, we hassled Ryan (and anyone else ) about it haha. We even all went to one show a few years ago covered in stars :)
I think the finally did it to shut is up :)
lordcatfish wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:32 pm
As an aside, Brum was my tenth Alice show, and I can't remember seeing such balloon related chaos in "School's Out" as I did then. There barely seemed to be room for anyone to move on stage. Is it often like that, as I can't recall anything like that from memory?
No it isn't. Normally it's just the ones thrown from the stage.
They dropped the extra balloons from the roof I think at three shows on the UK dates and it was bedlam each time!! Waaaay to many balloons!
The problem is when they did it no one was watching the stage any more... they were all playing with the balloons!!

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:05 pm

Loved the Cardiff show, refreshing setlist and a sell out to boot, as was Birmingham I understand. From what I have heard from people down here at the box office he could have sold another night easily in Cardiff! If he did a Friday & Saturday night in the future, I'd be there for both, what a party weekend to have in a beautiful city. :rock: :rock: :rock:

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:14 pm

Edmonton April 15, 2020!!!!! :)
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:38 pm

Well there are some Canadian dates, but still nothing in the Toronto area. Certainly nowhere close enough for us to attend. It's like I'll never get to see this tour 😂
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:44 am

I've seen in a few places posted that VIP tickets go on sale tomorrow. The Peterborough venue seems to suggest there's a pre-sale going on Thursday instead. Anyone know how I can buy tickets tomorrow?

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:57 am

shame there's not a Hallowe'en show this year [in UK, that I could get to, lol], would fit in doubly as well w/ the new set list and stage design.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:16 am

Spiner202 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:44 am
I've seen in a few places posted that VIP tickets go on sale tomorrow. The Peterborough venue seems to suggest there's a pre-sale going on Thursday instead. Anyone know how I can buy tickets tomorrow?
AC.com I would presume. That's how I read the original statement.
Possibly Thursday is the venue pre-sale... or some credit card company, electric company, newspaper etc etc.
So many different types of pre-sale nowadays and none guarantee a decent ticket anyway.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:39 pm

Spiner202 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:44 am
Artist presale code today (Wednesday) for Edmonton is SICKTHINGS. Facebook/Live Nation codes for tomorrow (Thursday) are CHORUS and COVERT, respectively. I'm assuming this is for the other Canadian dates as well, but don't quote me.

Managed front row, a bit to the left, no VIP just regular tix. :)
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Inmate
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Inmate » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:59 pm

I’m really hoping for an Oklahoma date!! :clap:
"I'm just another case…”

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:25 pm

I attended the Birmingham show and took my partner. It was her first time seeing him and all in all, I think it was a great first show to see for her. Loved the set-list and was very happy to see some more obscure tracks included. Stage show was great. I was worried at first that his voice sounded thin, but I think was more of a sound issue as by the third track it sounded fine. Band were great as usual. Really enjoyed both opening bands too.

SickRick
Trash
Trash

Post by SickRick » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:07 pm

My photos from the fantastic show in Orlando.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 993&type=1
.............................you really wouldn't understand.

SickRick
Trash
Trash

Post by SickRick » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:08 pm

My photos from the fantastic show in Orlando.

https://www.facebook.com/rick.fansonthe ... 993&type=3

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:39 am

There's something about the one with Alice on the right of the picture and the mask walking past to the left in the background..

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:14 pm

Great show in Clearwater the following night as well, audience stood all through the show, great atmosphere, my highlights were “ Escape” and harmonica on “Fallen In Love”

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:14 pm

cracking pics, thanks for the share.
dearly hoping for a DVD of this show.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

SickRick
Trash
Trash

Post by SickRick » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:13 pm

My photos from the Clearwater show -

https://www.facebook.com/rick.fansonthe ... 993&type=3

SickRick
Trash
Trash

Post by SickRick » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:20 pm

del wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:39 am
There's something about the one with Alice on the right of the picture and the mask walking past to the left in the background..
Thanks -- I agree! Every moment is a photo op at every show, and this outing is full of them again - one of the best! My first evening with Alice was 1971, a couple times a year since then, and he has never failed. And to see Alice [71] still punching as hard as he does all night [two nights of shows in a row for me was exhausting, at 65!!]. Running across the stage, strutting up and down those stairs, several times in the show, juggling all the props, all while BELTING out the tunes of this outstanding set list. Still amazing. Long live The Coop.