Lot of Originals

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Lot of Originals

Post by Cold Room » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:03 am

There will be lots of news about the Original Alice Cooper band members in the last few months of this year. We've already had the B$B reunion in Danbury, CT. Dennis will be in London (with Alice?) for the showing of the movie ''Live from the Astroturf'' and ''Cold, Cold Coffin''. Dennis and Michael will be together in Hollywood on October 14 and the another full reunion of the surviving ACG members at the Xmas Pudding show in December.
What you want and what you get are two different things

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Lot of Originals

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:59 am

Yup! All on the main news page. Looking forward to hearing about these and seeing pictures. I'd love for Astroturf and Coffin to have a showing near me. *crossing fingers*
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:09 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:59 am
Yup! All on the main news page. Looking forward to hearing about these and seeing pictures. I'd love for Astroturf and Coffin to have a showing near me. *crossing fingers*
They haven't lost favor nor have the surviving members not connected in recent years.
They may spend enough time together to work up a concept for a full Lp! :clap:
Here's hoping that we have an ACG Lp in the works. :HEART:
I'd pay for a "Live At The Astroturf" DVD & would enjoy "Cold, Cold Coffin" as a "Bonus"!
Included in the package should be a CD (or download) of both performances! :8):
I would also wish to see a DVD of the "Ol' Black Eyes Is Back" tour. :alice:
Is that too much too ask? :devil:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:25 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:09 am
NotSoPerfect wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:59 am
They haven't lost favor nor have the surviving members not connected in recent years.
They may spend enough time together to work up a concept for a full Lp! :clap:
Here's hoping that we have an ACG Lp in the works. :HEART:
I'd pay for a "Live At The Astroturf" DVD & would enjoy "Cold, Cold Coffin" as a "Bonus"!
Included in the package should be a CD (or download) of both performances! :8):
I would also wish to see a DVD of the "Ol' Black Eyes Is Back" tour. :alice:
Is that too much too ask? :devil:
Sounds quite reasonable to Me :) :rock:
"I need everything the world owes me..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:21 pm

Glad to see them keeping busy. Some paying gigs with Alice in the U.S. Would be nice! Pesky promoters I guess.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:45 am

Dennis was at Brighton tonight looking as young and energetic as ever for 'School's Out'!
Expect he will be in London as well ;)

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:44 pm

Much as I love the idea I can't see Alice doing a a full album with the guy's I can't see it. Breadcrumbs was the perfect time to work with the guy's, an album based on early Detroit rock. If it didn't happen then it's not going to happen,barring the odd song and guest appearance.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:52 pm

dadascot wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:44 pm
Much as I love the idea I can't see Alice doing a a full album with the guy's I can't see it. Breadcrumbs was the perfect time to work with the guy's, an album based on early Detroit rock. If it didn't happen then it's not going to happen,barring the odd song and guest appearance.

I doubt Breadcrumbs took more than a few days to record. I could see Alice recording a full band album if it is his farewell album. It would make sense to come full circle.

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:46 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:52 pm
dadascot wrote:

I doubt Breadcrumbs took more than a few days to record. I could see Alice recording a full band album if it is his farewell album. It would make sense to come full circle.
A brilliant and humorous man, who use to post here under the cognomen of AMUK, once said, and I quote, "Alice never looks back."
I now believe that to be true. As for the reason(s) why, I can only speculate....perhaps simply a forward looking mentality, maybe a learned business acumen, or a little fear, or regret, of the past. Who really knows?
::((:

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:09 pm

The past is always in the rearview mirror, but, it's wise to spend most of your time looking at the world through the windshield.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:11 am

Welcome back padre!

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:31 pm

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:21 am

I see Cold Cold Coffin will be on YouTube on the 26th. I'm not sure what to expect but I will give it a watch.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:52 pm

Cold Room wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:46 pm
pitkin88 wrote:
dadascot wrote:

A brilliant and humorous man, who use to post here under the cognomen of AMUK, once said, and I quote, "Alice never looks back."
I now believe that to be true. As for the reason(s) why, I can only speculate....perhaps simply a forward looking mentality, maybe a learned business acumen, or a little fear, or regret, of the past. Who really knows?
Would you like to speculate on what those fears or regrets might be?

Also, since you are tight with DD, NS, and MB perhaps you may want to ask them. Are they not happy with the current state of things between they and Alice?

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:40 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:52 pm
Cold Room wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:46 pm
pitkin88 wrote:

Would you like to speculate on what those fears or regrets might be?

Also, since you are tight with DD, NS, and MB perhaps you may want to ask them. Are they not happy with the current state of things between they and Alice?
In answer to your question of what my speculations would be of regrets from the past Alice might have…..as I stated, “who really knows?”. Guesses could run the gambit from regrets of missed financial opportunities, to friendships and loves forgotten and lost, to embarrassing personal miscues and blunders that Alice/Vince made as a young man. Of course, with your particular axe to grind you’d want me to bring up some real or imagined regret Alice has concerning the breakup of the original band and how his past haunts him for taking the band’s name and dumping his long time friends and band mates under the direction of a money-hungry manager and a self-serving producer. (Is THAT what you wanted to hear? :rotfl: ) However, since I know Alice’s mind and self doubts no better than you do….I will stick with my original statement of “who really knows?”
LOL. If you want to talk to someone who is really “tight” with DD, NS, and MB….I suggest you talk to your pal ‘’AMUK’’. I have not seen or talked to Neal or Michael since April. And I think I talked to Dennis twice on Facebook. LOL. Keep stirring.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:20 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:21 am
I see Cold Cold Coffin will be on YouTube on the 26th. I'm not sure what to expect but I will give it a watch.
Cold Cold Coffin is marvellous, both sonically and visually (especially in a theatre). Well worth checking out on release date although Kickstarter supporters have been given access to view it early this weekend!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:38 am

Alice has stated on an interview posted here a few days ago that he has been writing with Dennis and is waiting for songs coming from Neal and Micheal. So fingers crossed.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:41 am

It's in 'the Montgomery advertiser' interview on the home page.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:58 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:11 am
Welcome back padre!
You and I tend to disappear for extended periods, Pitkin. Glad to be back.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."