Teleprompter

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Conspiracy
Trash
Trash

Teleprompter

Post by Conspiracy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:14 am

Interesting, on one of the recent live videos it is visible that Alice now has a teleprompter that feeds him the lyrics line by line. Is that new? I can't blame him, but I have never noticed this before. It's a sizable monitor on the ground before him.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Teleprompter

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:34 am

Getting old!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:14 am

He has had those on stage since at least around the time that Along Came a Spider was released. I think that the first time that I saw a pic with them, they had lyrics for Vengeance is Mine on them.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:35 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:14 am
He has had those on stage since at least around the time that Along Came a Spider was released. I think that the first time that I saw a pic with them, they had lyrics for Vengeance is Mine on them.
Yes, he's had it for years, but if you watch he rarely looks at it to any real degree.
btw I *think* it also has reminders of what city they are in and little things like that, things that can easily be forgotten.
It could also pass him emergency messages if ever needed, as it can be updated in real time from the side of the stage.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:43 pm

i was gonna say, he's all over the stage, can't imagine he relies on it to any great degree.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:18 pm

Nope! Not at all!

He definitely used it a bit at the start of tour on the lyrics for "Roses" and "Bed of Nails." But, i saw 4 shows on a week, and it was noticeably less each show. In August, I'm not sure that I saw him look at it at all!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:32 pm

I think Dylan carries a tome of his music on tour for reference. Like a security blanket.
AC has a security screen. :8):
Bowie used to transpose lyrics all of the time.
It was hard to tell if it was on purpose or not.
All I've heard (mostly) are one off performances that were used for a "Live" release.
Even if it was a slip it never caused a "Train Wreck". Very Professional!
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:25 am

Can't say I have ever noticed him using one, but when I see him in the Uk I suppose it is much further down the tour and any new songs/old songs he doesn't know well would have been learnt by then.
Fair play to him, I barely remember what day it is let alone anything else!

Conspiracy
Trash
Trash

Post by Conspiracy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:05 pm

If I recall correctly someone from the original band mentioned he recently forgot/jumbled the School's Out lyrics during a performance. It's a miracle this doesn't happen more often, with all the covers to learn too, and original HV pieces. The verses of We Gotta Rise alone are really hard to get right without help.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:55 pm

I once had a video of Ian Gillan when he was in Black Sabbath. Im sure it's on YouTube. Gillan had a notebook with the lyrics with him on stage. It was next to one of the monitors in front of him. In the video you can see him bending down changing the pages. Its priceless!

At least Alice has the teleprompter. It is now commonplace for actors on broadway to have an earpiece and have their lines fed to them.

I say have Giant Baby hold up cue cards with the lyrics on them. Then on occasion give Alice the wrong lyrics.

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:43 pm

Teleprompter? He's 71. Not a big deal.
I wouldn't start worrying until he shows up on stage and they realize he forgot his pants. :)
What you want and what you get are two different things

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:35 am

As the saying goes "never say never".

Bob--you finally made me laugh.

we all know Alice has a full head of hair but just think of the old-timers out there who have to double check that they put on the wig before they hit the stage!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:29 am

You can see the teleprompter quite clearly in the footage of Schools Out at the live show were Dee Snyder joins the band. I find the extended Schools Out a bore but on this occasion it was a lot of fun, especially the Twisted Sister snippet!

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:41 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:18 pm
Nope! Not at all!

He definitely used it a bit at the start of tour on the lyrics for "Roses" and "Bed of Nails." But, i saw 4 shows on a week, and it was noticeably less each show. In August, I'm not sure that I saw him look at it at all!
I saw him refer to the monitor a few times in Madison. It was the first time that I'd ever seen him do that.

It's understandable and forgivable, if you ask me...!
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:29 am

I heard Gary Numan who I love BTW had to refer to a manual on stage mid song the other night to remember some old lyrics - I wouldn't worry about a teleprompter !

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:23 am

I wonder if Russel Mael used one when Sparks played all their albums live and in order.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:16 pm

I wish I had a teleprompter to help me remember where I left my car keys!

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:19 pm

Someone should mess with Alice as a practical joke and put ridiculous lyrics on the teleprompter and see if he sings them. Maybe like "minstrels in black face" instead of "roses on white lace".

"In my eyes blood drops look like minstrels in black face"