If Alice was to a return to a sound...

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: If Alice was to a return to a sound...

Post by Babysquid » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:03 am

nicnic wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:23 am
Probably by year 2050 or 2100(??) you could have a computer compose and record new songs of any sound or style of rock or metal that you want, sounding identicle to the actual singer, guitar,bass,drums playing but newly recorded new songs. Just insert any cd of your choice--Love it to death or Killer and minutes later you could hear a new song as if the Alice Cooper band recorded in during the Killer or Love it to death sessions.

DONT BELIEVE ME?, they already have something like that available now on YOUTUBE-
Computer Generated Heavy Metal Track 14
https://youtu.be/07JUW8AdeZQ

"There are no humans playing any instruments, it's all computer generated." IS THIS TRUE??? Did the artificial intelligence also compose the metal song? or is it all improvised by the computer or is it a hoax? I know to some extent computers can generate and compose(?) new songs but wow.

They’ll have to unclog all the 80s cheese out of that computer first!
This reminds me of something someone said to me at work. He was very excited at the prospect of dead actors being digitally resurrected (like Peter Cushing in Rogue One or Bob Monkhouse in those awful adverts ages ago) and he was especially hopeful of the possibility of some new Bruce Lee films. He told me that when Bruce came back he’d “Show them how it’s really done” :rotfl:

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:43 pm

I was going to start a new thread but though this thread will do.

What would you like to see on tour?

I was not a huge fan of W2MN, maybe its just the modern production but GTH was a far more fitting sequal in my opinion, even TLT with its references fitted well and that had a heavier production.
However a really well done Welcome to my NIIIghtmare ( :evil: ) with a tour consisting of WTMN, GTH, TLT, W2MN, and My idea of a 3rd would be awesome....Of course we would need the mutliple dancers and big production, this hits have to fit in there so drop Floyd out of schools out and roll some hits into a long melody.

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:44 pm

I would love to see him go back to Flush the Fashion/Special Forces era(cut back with the synthesizers a bit)but with Killer sound/style mixed in...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:03 pm

rtbuck wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:44 pm
I would love to see him go back to Flush the Fashion/Special Forces era(cut back with the synthesizers a bit)but with Killer sound/style mixed in...
The only chance we have of this happening is if he has the cajones of Sparks and plays his back catalogue live and in full. Oh for the blackout 4! He would have to ditch Nitta though as shed have nothing to do.

nrc
Trash
Trash

Post by nrc » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:26 am

The obvious answer is the ACG era but as other's have mentioned I don't think you can recreate that. There was a chemistry and dynamic there that can't be recreated in hindsight.

I loved what I think of as the Damnation trilogy (LT/BP/DT) and I think that could be done again. It's clearly a subject that Alice has passion about and the musical styles are certainly "off the shelf" enough to be reproduced.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:56 am

nrc wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:26 am
The obvious answer is the ACG era but as other's have mentioned I don't think you can recreate that. There was a chemistry and dynamic there that can't be recreated in hindsight.

I loved what I think of as the Damnation trilogy (LT/BP/DT) and I think that could be done again. It's clearly a subject that Alice has passion about and the musical styles are certainly "off the shelf" enough to be reproduced.
Almost half the set is ACG era! I'd be happy with a good album whatever the sound. Paranormal was a step in the right direction. It had the most songs I'd like since Brutal Planet. Sad he won't play any of it on the tour.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:30 pm

has fallen in love been dropped from the setlist then ? ( if you refer to Paranormal and not to Brutal Planet, that is :-) )
you really wouldn't understand..

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:36 pm

patrick wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:30 pm
has fallen in love been dropped from the setlist then ?
Nope

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:11 pm

patrick wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:30 pm
has fallen in love been dropped from the setlist then ? ( if you refer to Paranormal and not to Brutal Planet, that is :-) )

Wow one song! My bad.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:12 am

Wow one song! My bad.
[/quote]
Sorry Pitkin, not my intention to criticize you ! only thought that it would have been a pity if Fallen in Love was to disappear from the setlist. As much as My Stars is a testimony from a strong past, pleasing the diehards, Fallen in love ( or the Album Paranormal), might be a chance to show younger fans that Alice is still capable of making strong music.
you really wouldn't understand..

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:44 am

No worries Patrick.

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:00 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:29 am
steven15322 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:36 am
I would like to hear another album like DaDa with real drums.
Sorry steven15322,
Not to pick on you in particular but, I've seen so many posts to resurrect DaDa that I must comment.
AC is a recovering substance abuser & that's why that trilogy has been referred to as "The Blackout Years".
Sure, some great material came out of that pain (& drama) but to try to go back would not be in his best interest.
The overall sound was great & like he previously stated - I think it was Pre-Paranormal that they were looking for that Detroit "Killer" Sound. Did we hear it? You can't put lightening back into the bottle.
So, moving forward (& including his old bandmates) has been a positive step.
Whether you agree or not we still have him touring & releasing material for us to enjoy! :clap:

I'm not saying to go back to the drugs and alcohol. What I meant was to go back to that particular sound that they were getting from those sessions minus the fake drums.
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:25 am

Debate me: Alice does not Return to anything except Nightmares. I enjoy all of the genres/sounds that fall under his power. He is taking us along, riding a constant wave. (...Backwards ain't how you ride waves.)

Maybe it would have been better to ask, "What sound do you like from Alice's career?"

Me? 1972-73. Not his voice, per se... the freakin' attitude. He was absolutely scary, and my dead parents can prove it.

For those of you who will argue about his fondness for Returning to the Detroit thing, I say that it's still consistent with my premise. He's not recreating the sound. He's souping it UP.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.