For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Australian Tour

Post by nurserozetta » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:35 am

With Australian concert dates announced today - it seems strange there is a major clash in Sydney.

Saturday 15th Feb Alice plays Qudos Arena in Sydney whilst less than 500 metres away Queen are playing the Olympic Stadium.

The Queen concert sold out months ago and capacity I think is around the 50k mark .

Given there would be quite a few Queen fans that would also go see Alice seems to be very strange scheduling . I think Alice will be the loser in this clash . Should be easy to get good seats to Alice !

Not to mention the precinct will be an absolute shitfight that night !!

Maybe members of Queen & Alice will use the underground tunnel between venues to appear on each others stages !

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Australian Tour

Post by scotty » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:11 am

one important sidenote,and granted it may not make a difference anyway,but it's queen with adam lambert on lead vocals. to me,and Im biased,but that makes it much more even!

trashed
Trash
Trash

Post by trashed » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:30 pm

agree 100%. BUT - Queen show has already sold 60,000 tickets and Alice is 500 metres up the road and won't sell half of a 20,000 venue. Seems a real shame. So many other venues that would have made sense under these circumstances.

But anyway - I've got my 26th/27th shows coming up. Hope to see you all in Adelaide and Sydney!

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:00 am

My sister-in-law lives about 30k beyond Penrith. Two of her sons and some mates saw Alice at Penrith Panthers years ago and would have gone to see him any day before Queen. They have their Queen tickets though so that's 6 empty Alice seats.