Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

New 10” record

Post by mestreech » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:45 pm

Hi,
According to Ear-Music Alive Cooper Will release a new 10” record in september in various forms.
Titel : Breadcrumps, 6 new recorded songs.
Look at their website.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: New 10” record

Post by Si » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:51 pm

Well spotted. Thanks.

Phil1985
Trash
Trash

Post by Phil1985 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:36 pm

The 20,000 tangible copies, the vinyl, will they be generally released?
So I’m in the uk, is it likely to be stocked in HMV and alike? The sound of A was on numbered release and that was in HMV.
I don’t use the internet you see, I only have access to it on my work phone, (hence my presence here) so I’m restricted as to what I can do, so when these things become items that have to be ordered online, they become unobtainable, a real drag

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:44 pm

I would message Ear-Music or keep checking in here. Seems like a fun release and with the songs being more obscure more interesting.

Would love to know who is backing him on it.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:46 pm

20,000 copies, for now at least! Ear Music increased The Sound Of A production from 4,000 to 6,000 so I suspect Phil will be easily able to pick one up at his local HMV.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Phil1985
Trash
Trash

Post by Phil1985 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:25 pm

Thanks for that, the Chester and Reading branches of HMV still have copies of the sound of A vinyl stocked and that was 6000 copies eventually, so at 20,000 for this release I wouldn’t be worried about anything other than simply where it might be stocked.

nrc
Trash
Trash

Post by nrc » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:53 pm

Digital pre-order is available.

https://twitter.com/alicecooper/status/ ... 7735598080

Track list from Amazon:

1 Detroit City 2020
2 Go Man Go
3 East Side Story
4 Your Mama Won't Like Me
5 Devil with a Blue Dress on / Chains of Love
6 Sister Anne

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:01 pm

Those sound samples sound pretty raw. Doesn't appear they've gone for a big production on this one.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:17 pm

Where are the samples?

Nice to see Wayne Kramer on it. The MC 5 were phenomenal live!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:27 pm

I'm in the US and it wants to charge me international shipping of $11.50 which is more than the item itself.

Are they really shipping these from the UK as that is the default shipping option?
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

nrc
Trash
Trash

Post by nrc » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:41 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:17 pm
Where are the samples?

Nice to see Wayne Kramer on it. The MC 5 were phenomenal live!
Follow this link and then hit the play button on the image at the top.

https://alicecooper.lnk.to/Breadcrumbs

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:13 pm

Doesn't sound too good from the clips.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:00 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:27 pm
I'm in the US and it wants to charge me international shipping of $11.50 which is more than the item itself.

Are they really shipping these from the UK as that is the default shipping option?
Have the same issue trying to get things from the US, and on top of that they nail you for customs when it arrives. Often that ends up much more then double the cost of the actual item.
It's become too much, and TBH I've stopped ordering anything from the USA.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:16 pm

You only have to tick the box ( gift ). With postage prices the way they are $11 from the UK is not bad at all.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:04 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:16 pm
You only have to tick the box ( gift ). With postage prices the way they are $11 from the UK is not bad at all.
If you mean on the customs form, yes you can, but it's actually now illegal to do so I believe and most companies won't do it.

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:05 pm

It sounds really awful 😣
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:33 pm

Si wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:04 pm
pitkin88 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:16 pm
If you mean on the customs form, yes you can, but it's actually now illegal to do so I believe and most companies won't do it.
I am someone who does an incredible amount of mailing (10K items a year) and ships from the USA. In the last year the EU have become impossible. They are soaking their citizens to the hilt. It is now illegal to "lie" on customs forms. Also, values of items are determined by CUSTOMS AGENTS are port of entry. So, even if a person pays $5.00 US for an item and it is listed as such on US Customs documents, if the EU Customs agency deems that the value is $100.00 the customer is charged fees on the inflated price. Declared values are at the discretion of EU Customs agents.

I have not had this same problem with shipping to Asian countries, Australia, New Zealand and mainly anywhere outside of the EU.

I'm hoping that when Brexit is complete that the UK will ease upon the importing fees and duties.

It has hurt the sales of USA companies who sell to the EU as business has fallen off due to this robbery.

Also, if a USA company is found to "cheat" on customs declarations they can be fined a tidy sum of money and can lose ALL shipping privileges both internationally and at home. Basically, you can be banned from using the USPS.

If anyone cares to research this there are volumes written about it on the net. Also, you can go to the USPS website and read the reams of regulations on Customs and other regulations.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:35 am

mr.barlow wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:33 pm
I am someone who does an incredible amount of mailing (10K items a year) and ships from the USA. In the last year the EU have become impossible. They are soaking their citizens to the hilt. It is now illegal to "lie" on customs forms. Also, values of items are determined by CUSTOMS AGENTS are port of entry. So, even if a person pays $5.00 US for an item and it is listed as such on US Customs documents, if the EU Customs agency deems that the value is $100.00 the customer is charged fees on the inflated price. Declared values are at the discretion of EU Customs agents.
In my experience the exact opposite is true.
When I pre-ordered Nita's Vinyl AND CD the record company sent just the CD ($18, which would have been below the £15 value that incurs customs fees). However on the customs slip they wrote that the package included both the CD AND vinyl ($45). The package size made it obvious there was no vinyl in there, but I still got hammered for the £15.77 customs charge based on the amount on the customs declaration sticker. That meant the CD had so far cost me around $40...

Later they sent the vinyl and declared the value of that ($27) and that got caught for another £14.57 customs fees...

It was the record companies mistake, and they did refund one of the custom charges because of that. But it was pretty much the end of the line for me ordering anything from the US.

On the other side of the coin my big package of Astroturf vinyls got through without a custom charge, as Chris wrote $10 or something on it! That surprised me to say the least.

BTW Don`t even THINK of sending a magazine abroad! It's dead weight, so the postage alone normally tops the content value!

Not saying you are wrong, but in these cases they absolutely went by the amount of the custom declaration!

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:58 am

In the last 20+ years of doing massive amounts of shipping I have seen international rates increase 10 fold and Customs enforcement going from basically none at all--to nearly every package. I recently shipped a package to Germany from USA with a declared value of $96.00US (the actual cost of the items). The customer was charged by German Customs an additional $86.00EU in fees and duties plus they held his package for nearly a month until he came in a paid the duties. They also never informed him they were holding the package. I was able to let him know as US Customs can be tracked online in most cases.

I have been inundated with complaints about the high importing duties in the EU as people think it's the fault of the sender. I tell them it's the fault of their governments and their high importing duties and taxes. The USPS has made it clearly known to customers who ship a high volume of packages that "cheating" or lying on US Customs declarations in a federal crime and will not be tolerated.

The EU notifies the USPS and US Customs when they find something they don't like on a Customs Declaration----again--this is at the discretion of whomever is processing the package. The first few times they send you a letter and give you a notice and warning. After that--it goes to steep fines--then to suspension of mailing privileges and in a worst case scenario---you are brought up on federal mail fraud charges.

It's a whole different world than 20 years ago. I'm at the point now where I'm ready to pull the plug on shipping to any country in the EU. I rarely have a problem with any other region of the world.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:18 am

The U.S. Used to have surface mail. I would often send stuff surface to the UK and it would get there as quick as airmail. My post gal said sometimes if there was space on the plane they would just throw the package in if there was room.

I've never had a problem posting gift with used CD t shirt or whatever on the declaration. No doubt this is harder for businesses.