Ol Black Eyes July 4th Show

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mr.barlow

Ol Black Eyes July 4th Show

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:22 pm

I just watched a few clips from the new show and must say I'm very impressed!

The stage set is great. Alice looks and sounds fantastic as does the band.

Also, FINALLY a set list that all Alice fans can love....and thankfully no cover songs!

Maybe Alice has been reading this forum over the last few years and decided it's time to give us what we want.

Granted, nothing from "the blackout" period, but I will be happy to overlook it as the rest of the set makes up for it.

I won't go into any other specifics as I don't want to ruin it for anybody. There are clips on YouTube if anyone wants to have a look.

I will say this however, check out the guillotine bit from last night. How often do we get to see that happen?

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Ol Black Eyes July 4th Show

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:58 pm

Crew and band members are reading the forum all the time! So, he definitely knows some/all of what's said in here.

If you want to see discussion from others about last night, check out the "Ol' Black Eyes Is Back Tour" thread in this section of the forum. Lots of people have been chiming in!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:08 pm

The stage set looks amazing and the set list is really impressive as well.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:35 am

Did the crutch survive? Asking for a friend.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:35 am

The crutch remains the same!

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:29 pm

roses on white lace, well that's me losing my freaking mind when he plays that.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:17 pm

I would be too.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:42 pm

i didnt initially buy tickets after i had such a unpleasant experience last show in seats. but after reading the setlist and hearing he has changed the show completely. Well i have had to stump up the cash, just don't drop roses on white lace! please! dont get me wrong i want to hear, bed of nails , teenage Frankenstein and my stars but roses on white lace is a top ten alice cooper song for me. so to hear that is gonna be so exciting . god bless Nita! i don't think we would see these tracks without her input tbh

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:23 pm

She looks lost on a few of the songs I have seen. They just don't require three guitarists for them. No noodling required.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:04 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:42 pm
i didnt initially buy tickets after i had such a unpleasant experience last show in seats. but after reading the setlist and hearing he has changed the show completely. Well i have had to stump up the cash, just don't drop roses on white lace! please! dont get me wrong i want to hear, bed of nails , teenage Frankenstein and my stars but roses on white lace is a top ten alice cooper song for me. so to hear that is gonna be so exciting . god bless Nita! i don't think we would see these tracks without her input tbh
I read on Nita's Twitter page she said that she dididn't have anything to do with this new setlist or rare songs being performed on this new Tour! ! I would say Props to Alice he's been talking about wanting to play Roses on white lace since 2017, remember when he said was going to play it at that years Wacken festival in Germany but didn't. But bed of nails was last played on eyes of Alice Cooper tour in 2004 in Greece, TF last in 2001 Dragontown Tour, My Stars last in 1974 according to setlist.fm which is correct and adds up right with this sites setlists. Btw i attended the kickoff show at Foxwoods on July 4 and it was one of the best Alice shows I've seen theatrically.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:22 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:23 pm
She looks lost on a few of the songs I have seen. They just don't require three guitarists for them. No noodling required.
After years of whining about the stage show never changing and the setlist staying the same, all you have is that BS and acting as wanna-be mod in the other thread.

Love it :rotfl:

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:06 pm

Maaki wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:22 am
pitkin88 wrote:
After years of whining about the stage show never changing and the setlist staying the same, all you have is that BS and acting as wanna-be mod in the other thread.

Love it :rotfl:
Truth hurts for you and cookie boy. My years of whining got you a Styrofoam bouncy castle and the return of two songs about Frankenstein!

You must be loving the, firing on all cylinders, shredding on MOL and Raped and Freezing. Those songs cry out for that. Maybe they turned her down in the monitors like GB.

I noticed you and easy bake oven never complained about Daggers and Contacts post which led to my excessive modding. Double standards much?

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:19 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:06 pm
Truth hurts for you and cookie boy. My years of whining got you a Styrofoam bouncy castle and the return of two songs about Frankenstein!

You must be loving the, firing on all cylinders, shredding on MOL and Raped and Freezing. Those songs cry out for that. Maybe they turned her down in the monitors like GB.

I noticed you and easy bake oven never complained about Daggers and Contacts post which led to my excessive modding. Double standards much?
You're a miserable person. Seriously, I wish Si would realize that letting dimwits like you run rampant on here diminishes the experience. There's no excuse for conducting yourself this way constantly.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:24 pm

Hey Alice and shep....here is an idea for you.

For a price....offer a tour of "nightmare castle" prior to the show. Also a meet and greet with Giant Baby and Frankenalice. Get your picture with both and a signed certificate from Alice that you spent the night at Nightmare Castle.
For an extra fee you can have a dance with The Bride and have a wedding photo taken of the both of you.

For the ultimate experience you can pay to have Giant Baby be your date for an evening of dinner a movie and dancing in new York City or London.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:42 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:24 pm

For a price....offer a tour of "nightmare castle" prior to the show. Also a meet and greet with Giant Baby and Frankenalice. Get your picture with both and a signed certificate from Alice that you spent the night at Nightmare Castle.
Pretty sure a stage tour and seeing the props/taking photos is the pre-show experience they've been selling for years.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:43 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Or....not.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:55 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:42 pm
mr.barlow wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:24 pm

Pretty sure a stage tour and seeing the props/taking photos is the pre-show experience they've been selling for years.
This was meant to be a joke but I'm not surprised that they are cashing in on everything they can (Lord knows I'd be doing the same).

Do you know if they have the Giant Baby experience available? I'd love to make the scene in New York City with the little fella! :)

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:15 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:19 pm
pitkin88 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:06 pm

You're a miserable person. Seriously, I wish Si would realize that letting dimwits like you run rampant on here diminishes the experience. There's no excuse for conducting yourself this way constantly.
Crumbs! You really should stop dropping these please ban him Si hints and get back to the oven.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:32 am

Did someone say "Giant Baby"?

I think Alice should put the Giant Baby in this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:33 am

Alice also said "Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow!". Some of his best lyrics!