Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Re: HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES - Rise japan edition cd

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:00 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:42 am
MY biggest issue with the Hollywood vampires is the whole outlook on it,
I think it was alice who basically described them as being "a club band, but with premium prices" (paraphrasing, slightly).
This just got my back up , then I heard the album and agreed with his sentiment. Also anyone who has to constantly reassure that their guitarist is in fact good and not rubbish smells fishy! he should be able to prove himself with his playing (but again from what I have seen he is a glorified pub player)
To be fair the tunes I heard on this cd so far sound infinitely better than the first one (and depps voice on heroes is not bad at all), which I have not listened to since first purchasing it. I was gonna get the bonus live one just for completest sake, but have thought better of it. I will just not listen to it more than once.
Has anyone got it yet?
Pardon my diatribe, this Streaming/Download age is starting to get to me. Since Bestbuy has deleted Cd's in favor of Vinyl. I'm left with only an FYE nearby. I stopped by today & no physical copies in the shop! I asked & after an "extensive" search (the clerk was very helpful) all he could offer was to burn me a copy. I can do that on iTunes for $5 less! So, I left. When I went to their website I encountered additional obstacles. I'll find a physical copy eventually but this really is a more trying experience than it should be.
I may join the Pre-order group from now on! ::((:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:43 am

You don't have a local record store?

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:00 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:43 am
You don't have a local record store?
Unfortunately, all of the in town Brick & Mortars have closed shop. I need to go at least 10 miles to the next town.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:43 pm

That was fast. My Japanese 3-disc edition of Rise showed up today.

It's in a 4-disc jewel box, with the fourth space holding the two booklets: the English Rise booklet, and a Japanese version. No English info at all about the live discs. My Google Translate app can't decipher anything in the booklet.