Alice Sighting - LFTA - Phoenix Film Premier

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Alice Sighting - LFTA - Phoenix Film Premier

Post by Cold Room » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:00 pm

I assume it was missed here...but Alice was out in public at the "Live From the Astroturf" film premier, in Phoenix on April 5. He got together with Michael Bruce, Dennis Dunaway, and Neal Smith to watch the showing of the film (it is really good, BTW). A short Q and A followed. Pictures are available on Facebook. Lots of fans and family present.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/280523658684684/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/738070833022081/
What you want and what you get are two different things

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice Sighting - LFTA - Phoenix Film Premier

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:20 pm

I believe this was in the main page.

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:41 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:20 pm
Oh yes....I must have blinked. :laugh:

"UPDATE: All four surviving members of the original Alice Cooper line up - Alice, Neal, Michael, and Dennis - where at the premiere."
:x

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:40 am

Cold Room wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:41 pm
pitkin88 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:20 pm
Oh yes....I must have blinked. :laugh:

"UPDATE: All four surviving members of the original Alice Cooper line up - Alice, Neal, Michael, and Dennis - where at the premiere."
:x
Sure, that isn't that much, but let me try and explain why it sometimes happens like that.

I had just updated the news page before I saw a couple of photos confirming the whole band were there. So I assumed more would surface and just added an update, partially as a note to myself to remember to include more later, which honestly I didn't get around to doing.
I think I'd previously mentioned there were likely to be special guests appearing at Phoenix, and it didn't take a rocket scientist to guess Alice would turn up if he was at home. But none of that was announced in advance.

Later I saw a one line post about the film winning an award so mentioned that in a new post I was doing, but the only other info I could find at the time was a short video I think on a private page, that not everyone would be able see (I think it's since been cross-posted) and was poor quality. I hoped something better would appear but I've yet to see it.
I'm hoping DD will post a blog entry with more info and details about the event when he gets home, as searching through facebook for posts and linking to things many readers possibly can't see is just annoying.

In the post after that I link to both the long news articles/interviews promoting the Detroit showing, which showed up after the previous post.

I've actually mentioned the film in four out of the last seven posts currently on the news page... so I'm hardly ignoring the film... but I have to come across the info myself, often on Facebook (which I hate), and it comes to me in small bites across various pages.

Compare that to the posts on Beasto's new album/tour, or Nita or Roxie's stuff, which I would guess you think is less important then any news about the film/original band (and I kinda agree with you in principle, but I don't see why both can't be equally covered).
They post complete posts with all the info needed to write a news item. It has tour dates, links to buy, video, everything.. plus their facebook pages are fully public and can be linked to without issue. In some cases they actually email me the info in advance so I have everything I need to promote whatever it is. Dennis also does this for a lot of his stuff, which I appreciate and always cover, but I assume it's hard for him to do that when he's busy or on the road.
Alice's news is also easy. Either it's a simple, concise, announcement, or I often get a heads up before it happens so I can be ready. Basically all these things are press releases and it';s what almost all media news sites use to create content which basically advertises something.

With the Astroturf film a lot of stuff has come through to me a little bit here, a little bit there, often on facebook (which seems to go out of its way to NOT show me useful things), and I try to put together the info myself as best I can and try to include something to keep the project in people's minds and keep them informed.
But at this point very few people have seen, or even been in a position to see the film. Once there is a public release date and/or a date as to when we can all see/buy it I would hope Chris will send me all the info as he has before so I can post it properly and promote it, as I did with the original show, the single and the album last year. Chris will tell you I have posted EVERYTHING he has ever asked me to post promoting his projects. In fact the advert for the album is still on the news page and the STUK facebook page, although it should probably be replaced pretty soon as its old news.

I know there is a feeling out there in some circles that this site favours the current band (untrue) or even should be ACG only and not really cover the current band at all, but that isn't what I do, sorry. I cover ALL of it in as much detail as I can at a given time. The more detail the better! But it helps immensely when I get the information to post!! The better the info I get, the better I can promote something.. be it a tour, and album, or a film.
For example when Dennis is releasing something he sends me updates and info so I can post lots of little updates up until the release date, which keeps things in people's minds. Neal and Michael don't, so I often only find out about something almost by accident. I can only post information when I know it.

If someone/anyone wants to email me a report from Phoenix/Detroit/Texas of what happened/happens (and this applies to anything really) I can post a longer piece with more content and detail. That`s of benefit to everyone and I'd post that happily! But if I don't have the detail I can't post it, and I don't always have the time to search through Facebook looking for things when I have something else to add to the news page.

Bottom line: You can't complain I don't include information I simply don't have! At the time I posted the "update" literally all I knew for sure was that Alice, Dennis, Neal and Michael were all at the showing. Nothing else. And I passed on that info as soon as I saw it confirmed, rather then waiting for more stuff to surface.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:35 am

Well said! Although I may have differences of opinion with you I don't believe you favour one over the other. The original band get plenty of coverage here. I often wonder if people read the main page or just go to the forums. The only thing I don't like about the main page is the scrolling.

I think the first post I noticed about this was Dennis and two other people picking up the award. I assumed he was the only person there. I believe there was an update after that which said they were all there.

I did follow the link to FB which led to a page you had to join. I didn't join as I really don't want to be a member of groups that often suck you in and Drain you. I don't have the time for it. I'm not sure why it has to be a private group but that is their decision.

I never started a thread on the forums as I haven't even heard the vinyl ( don't believe it was released digitally ). Although I am a huge fan of the band I didn't have the same interest as I normally would as they played songs I am a bit tired of hearing. I doubt I will buy the documentary but I will watch if it comes in Netflix or Hulu.

As always I am glad for the original band when they get to perform the material they wrote with Alice along with anything else that brings them back together.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:42 am

Update. I must have hit join in error as I am now seeing pics! Lol.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:54 am

Been looking at some pics. Michael has kept the weight off but doesn't look particularly well. All four need to get rid of the long hair. This doesn't look good on 70 year olds. I really hope they get to play more and record with Alice as time is moving on.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:26 am

Alice would look ridiculous with short hair!! Cmon anyone agree with me right?

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:33 am

An Alice has said in recent interviews that Michael, Dennis and Neal are always welcome to record with him anytime and we already know he has a new solo album due in 2020,be patient, and Michael is fine here looks a heck of a lot better than he did at the ACG rock and roll hall of fame in 2011 at least he's in shape now,that's how a healthy person is supposed to look like, pitkin88, my dad is 70 as well and 5'11 and only 150 lbs.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:17 am

Michael does not look healthy. Does your dad have long hair?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:22 am

What interview did Alice say MB DD and NS can record with him anytime in?

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:41 am

Interview with billboard same interview that Alice discussed working on a new album /ep that he wants it to have a Detroit sound to it. Was posted on this site main page last month. Remember that interview? Just cause he doesn't look healthy doesn't mean he isn't in good health, and no my dad is bald. But these guys have always had long hair and their Rockstars so it's not uncommon for them to have long hair...

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:25 pm

Si,
Facebook sucks...but if you want current info AND PRETTY PICTURES, you have to use it. To ignore it is to deprive yourself of a source of information and a place to find LINKS to news sources. Waiting for people to send you info, reduces this to a bulletin board with a collection of sticky notes... and not a place to find current news.
As for news of the original band; there is no Facebook page devoted solely to the group like a band (Beasto) would have...since they are, currently, not an active band. No website fulfills that role, for the OG, either. Thus if you want info about the band members, you have to do a little searching. Likely, it won't fall in your lap.
I am told you have no ill-will for the original group and I am not mad at anyone. But I'll admit to being disappointed with your homepage coverage of one of the few times Alice, Neal, Dennis, and Michael where at the same place at the same time. :/

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:35 pm

Cold Room wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:25 pm
Si,
Facebook sucks...but if you want current info AND PRETTY PICTURES, you have to use it. To ignore it is to deprive yourself of a source of information and a place to find LINKS to news sources.
I don't ignore it at all. Quite the opposite. That is the source of a great many news stories nowadays. But it is limited if you can't SEE things. Not everyone is signed up to Facebook, and if they are it's not to every Alice-related group. This means that posting links to some things doesn't work, as they are in "private groups'. Which means my linking to them doesn't help people as they can't see anything useful at the link. Also, as I said before, I have to be careful about just "stealing" photos from facebook so that more people can see them.
Cold Room wrote:
Waiting for people to send you info, reduces this to a bulletin board with a collection of sticky notes... and not a place to find current news.
That's not quite how it works. I'm not a journalist, just a fan. I don't have access to anything everybody else doesn't. I just try and collolate everything I find in one place to make it easier for others to keep up to date on what's happening.
I do the best I can with the info I find at the time I'm posting it. I do check facebook regularly, but one of the problems with facebook is that it thinks it knows what you want to see better then you do! For example a couple of years ago I completely missed Nita appearing just a few miles from me because the single announcement simply never showed up for me on facebook until after it had happened!
I'm just saying that if people want me (or anyone) to promote/publicise their projects, it's REALLY helpful to get the full information directly, rather then from fan posts across numerous pages! That allows me and others to post better content, which is a win/win for everyone.
Cold Room wrote:
As for news of the original band; there is no Facebook page devoted solely to the group like a band (Beasto) would have...since they are, currently, not an active band. No website fulfills that role, for the OG, either. Thus if you want info about the band members, you have to do a little searching. Likely, it won't fall in your lap.
There are several facebook groups focusing only on the original band though (including Shiny Dime), plus Dennis, Neal and Michael have their own facebook pages. That's no different to Beasto having a band page really.
If you think I don't watch all of these and follow up every lead I find to keep up to date you really don't know me! I follow every page on facebook that I think could have useful announcements or even historically useful info.
But with the risk of repeating myself, that isn't really what I'm getting at. It's simply that if you want ongoing publicity for a project, put that info out there in concise posts. Don't rely on fans to do it for you. I do the best I can with what I find, but if all I can find is a couple of photos that I can't steal or link to, I can't add much to the post beyond stating what they show!
Cold Room wrote:
I am told you have no ill-will for the original group and I am not mad at anyone. But I'll admit to being disappointed with your homepage coverage of one of the few times Alice, Neal, Dennis, and Michael where at the same place at the same time. :/
I can understand it in this specific situation. It was partially due to the circumstances of timing (I do have othr things I have to do haha!). Generally I cover everything as fully as I can, especially when it involves the original band. Just look at the number of times I posted about the 'Cold Cold Coffin' pledge campaign, and when Dennis posts me the final info about the new music he's working on I will promote that as well, happily, as I would anything else Alice Cooper related.

I certainly have no "ill-will" towards any of them, as I would hope they would tell you.
It was me, along with two friends, who brought BDS to the UK to play for the first time in decades, organizing the Sickcon UK convention at which Dennis, Neal and Michael were the featured guests. I've flown to the US to see Dennis/DDP play a small pub in New London. I traveled around the UK to see as many BDS and Blue Coupe shows as I possibly could, and I know all three original band members to varying degrees. I've stayed with Dennis at his house, I've got drunk with Michael several times in younger days, and spent time chatting to Neal over the years as well. I love those guys. They produced possibly the greatest run of records ever! The original band history (plus the first few years of solo Alice) is the thing that fascinates me the most, which is why I've spend so much time the last couple of decades documenting it and searching for the tiniest bit of info (which I've often shared with Bob for his site).

I will promote anything they want me to promote. All I'm saying is the more info I have the easier it is to make an interesting article, and in this specific case I had virtually nothing to report at the time I posted, beyond that they were there. That I didn't follow it up later is possibly an error which i have admitted. But it certainly wasn't through any disinterest. It was simply timing and circumstances.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:01 pm

Wait is Cold Room Bob? If so this is getting a bit ridiculous.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:02 am

I see no proof that COLD ROOM is Bob.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:53 pm

I see it just won the audience award in Dallas. Are there any reviews circulating?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:19 am

mestreech wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:02 am

Ta da! I knew it!

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:12 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:19 am
mestreech wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:02 am

Ta da! I knew it!
Si & I had that discussion early on when I saw the similarities but not exactly.
Decided that Si was right & the reveal would be allowed to Cold Room.
D & C
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...