For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: ‘Ol black eyes is back Tour

Post by AliceFan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:50 pm

Alongcameaspider27, great choice for songs there, but remember in an earlier post on this thread that you said you met Alice with another guy Toby in Louisville and you guys were talking about Alice maybe doing a setlist spanning his entire career. On this upcoming tour, think it will happen? ? I sure would love to see it happen, im sure you would too based on the songs you picked above.

thenightmare92
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by thenightmare92 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:16 am

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alice-co ... 5e060.html

Does anyone know about this show? Says it happened in 2019 and he played Road Rats which would be a rarity

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:30 am

It's the Imperial Ball show at NAMM along with Tommy Henriksen, Chris Wyse, Glen Sobel and Orianthi. (see timeline)
First I've heard of them playing Road Rats though.
The setlist I found was Under My Wheels, Be My Lover, No More Mr Nice Guy, I’m Eighteen, Schools Out, and Come Together. RR would be a very odd choice considering there was likely little to no rehearsal for this low key charity show. All the rest of the songs the musicians would probably already know from playing with Alice before.
I would need some sort of proof before believing they played it.

Be aware setlists.fm has numerous errors, so while it can be useful, it's not always correct.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:36 pm

That’s a great set list Alongcameaspider27, would just take our Sick Things and Dead Flies for Unfinished Sweet and Genuine American Girl

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:30 pm

jacknifejohnny wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:36 pm
That’s a great set list Alongcameaspider27, would just take our Sick Things and Dead Flies for Unfinished Sweet and Genuine American Girl
Or just add them to the list ;)
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:19 pm

Will they play From The Inside? Or am I reading too much into one of Strauss' tweets?
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:05 pm

I think your reading too much into her tweets. I saw the same post/tweet and it says nothing related to that song,she's actually in the post talking about some of her life experiences if you read the whole thing.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:06 pm

I think your reading too much into her tweets. I saw the same post/tweet and it says nothing related to that song,she's actually in the post talking about some of her life experiences if you read the whole thing.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:13 pm

marko10174 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:00 pm
I'm going to see Alice for the first ever time in Manchester this year, despite being a fan of his since Trash came out. I was eight years old at the time and completely obsessed with Trash and the follow up album Hey stoopid. I know there's going to be a change in the setlist, but honestly... I'd be absolutely gutted if he omitted Poison and feed my frankenstein. I'm actually really hoping he'll do a couple more songs off those albums this year, I'd love to hear house of fire or hey stoopid, and He's back, from Constrictor would be a dream come true. Does anyone know when the setlist will be released for this years shows?
Poison is Alice's biggest hit ever internationally (Even bigger than School's Out all things considered). That one is never going to leave the set and almost always gets the biggest fan reaction. There is a chance Feed My Frankenstein would leave the set but unlikely. Actually I wouldn't mind seeing him replace that one for a tour and do Teenage Frankenstein instead.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:45 pm

Great idea, cooperrocks, would love to hear teenage Frankenstein live for the first time. I think the last time it was played live by Alice was 2001 Descent into Dragontown Tour.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:41 pm

AliceFan wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:06 pm
I think your reading too much into her tweets.
Of course I was. Did you ever notice that (like her playing) she overdoes the tweets? :yawn:

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:59 pm

I disagree with you about her guitar playing she's a great phenomenal player, but I agree with you she could lay off of Twitter just a little bit I think she has an obsession with it for sure though like some people with Facebook.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:26 pm

AliceFan wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:59 pm
I disagree with you about her guitar playing she's a great phenomenal player, but I agree with you she could lay off of Twitter just a little bit I think she has an obsession with it for sure though like some people with Facebook.
Oh, do you mean the Tweets(retweets) of inspirational quotes? The 1st couple of times were interesting but... :yawn:
P.S. I've not been a WWE fan in years.
Self promotion is alright, try to keep focused.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:40 am

I was at the Imperial Ball show and they most definitely did not play Road Rats :rotfl:

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:43 am

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:08 pm
Well i would think the FrankenAlice prop would be retired by now i mean its been used every tour since 2011 but if he must use it, substitute FMF with teenage Frankenstein...at least that way we get a song we haven't heard in years since the first leg of the Descent into Dragontown tour of 2001...
That prop is the most tired part of the show. I don't think it even looks that good. Like a big bobblehead...

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:53 am

Questions for you all, since this is a new stage show starting out on the ol'blackeyesisback tour what are some new stage props you would like to see added for the new Tour? Be creative. Also what would be your dream setlist of rarities for Alice to play during this tour as well? Also when the Mexico show starts next month do you think that will give us an indication of what the setlist will look like for the solo shows before the halestorm tour? Cause I don't think the setlist would change that that much between the Mexico show and the US dates. But I heard from an interview with Alice that the UK October shows the setlist definitely will be shaken up a bit.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:16 am

Here ya go, Alice Fan. My dream setlist.

Scarlet and Sheba
Never Been Sold Before
Sideshow
You Gotta Dance
Zorro's Ascent
Grim Facts
Seven & Seven Is
Caffeine
No Man's Land
Luney Tune
I'll Bite Your Face Off
Only Women Bleed
Fireball
You and All of Your Friends
Sick Things
Unfinished Sweet
Grande Finale (in place of a drum solo)
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah
I'm Eighteen
It's Hot Tonight
Zombie Dance
Caught In A Dream
Novocain
Clones
I Am The Future
You Drive Me Nervous
Wish You Were Here

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:30 pm

AliceFan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:53 am
Questions for you all, since this is a new stage show starting out on the ol'blackeyesisback tour what are some new stage props you would like to see added for the new Tour? Be creative. Also what would be your dream setlist of rarities for Alice to play during this tour as well? Also when the Mexico show starts next month do you think that will give us an indication of what the setlist will look like for the solo shows before the halestorm tour? Cause I don't think the setlist would change that that much between the Mexico show and the US dates. But I heard from an interview with Alice that the UK October shows the setlist definitely will be shaken up a bit.
As far as props go, I wouldn't mind seeing the gallows brought back (like it was as part of the theater of death tour) and I love the trick he did where he did during the Nightmare Returns tour where he basically built a Frankenstein by stacking boxes. That is the one trick I still have never figured out. As far as rare songs to add to the setlist. Here are some of mine:

Crawlin'-one of my favorite Alice songs ever
Nothing's Free
You're My Temptation
Caught in a Dream
Love's a Loaded Gun
Wind-Up Toy
Hurricane Years-I think you could do this with Nita Strauss as the feature soloist in this song
Fantasy Man
Cold Machines
Fireball
Roses on White Lace
Freedom
Might as Well Be on Mars
Former Lee Warmer
Is Anyone Home?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:03 pm

>As far as props go, I wouldn't mind seeing the gallows brought back

Sadly, I think unless they find a new way it would simply be dangerous to do that now. Alice is no spring chicken, and it was hard enough the last time he did it.
Of course there are imaginative ways it could be included without it actually being Alice, switch it around or something...

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:55 am

cooperrocks - good setlist!!
I have built some really good ones over the years which were not just fan service, I will have to dig it out.
I would love scarlet and sheba/go to hell/wish you were here medley - that would be great!