It's all lies
We're dead flies

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: New Billboard article reveals 2018/2019 tour plans

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:14 pm

padre_sliprat wrote:
Rhapsody of Fire wrote: What would be a concert without School's Out, Poison, Eighteen, etc...?[/color]
It would be like when the lady gets put out "the home" and a chick moves in.
Correction: It would be like when the lady gets out of ''the home'' and a chick moves in.

https://youtu.be/T93fV7c24Nw

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:23 pm

I know this would never happen and I understand why but I would love to see a tour where many of the hits are given a rest.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:46 pm

cooperrocks wrote:I know this would never happen and I understand why but I would love to see a tour where many of the hits are given a rest.
That would be a great idea...maybe keep like 3 or 4 of the mega hits (School's Out, 18, Poison, and NMMNG)

I would take a song off of each album for the 2019 tour (outside of the 4 hits) and do a 50th annv tour (50th of Pretties for You)

1. Reflected
2. Refrigerator Heaven
3. Second Coming
4. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah
5. Luney Tune
6. Raped and Freezin
7. Big Apple Dreamin'
8. Steven
9. Didn't We Meet
10. You and Me
11. Inmates (We're All Crazy)
12. Headlines
13. Skeletons in the Closet
14. Tag You're It
15. Scarlet and Sheba
16. Crawlin'
17. Freedom
18. Might as Well Be on Mars
19. Stolen Prayer
20. Cold Machines
21. Triggerman
22. Spirits Rebellious
23. Zombie Dance
24. Catch Me If You Can
25. I Gotta Get Outta Here
26. Dead Flies
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:48 pm

*Left a song off of Trash

I would take a song off of each album for the 2019 tour (outside of the 4 hits) and do a 50th annv tour (50th of Pretties for You)

1. Reflected
2. Refrigerator Heaven
3. Second Coming
4. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah
5. Luney Tune
6. Raped and Freezin
7. Big Apple Dreamin'
8. Steven
9. Didn't We Meet
10. You and Me
11. Inmates (We're All Crazy)
12. Headlines
13. Skeletons in the Closet
14. Tag You're It
15. Scarlet and Sheba
16. Crawlin'
17. Freedom
18. This Maniac's In Love With You
19. Might as Well Be on Mars
20. Stolen Prayer
21. Cold Machines
22. Triggerman
23. Spirits Rebellious
24. Zombie Dance
25. Catch Me If You Can
26. I Gotta Get Outta Here
27. Dead Flies
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Spot and Jerome
Killer
Killer

Post by Spot and Jerome » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:15 pm

Not that it matters much, but really 15 songs? I think they're much less, as many "hits" have been in and out of the setlist quite continuously. Songs like Ethyl, Lover, Body, Muscle, Nightmare, Lost come to mind but there's more.
I think he actually switches the setlist pretty much, the real problem is he seems to keep picking from the same bunch of songs, with very few (and extremely welcome) excecptions.
For what it's worth, personally I think the only songs he really is compelled to do every show (as someone said earlier, the "mega-hits") are:

Wheels
Schools
NMMNG - BDB
Poison
Feed my F. (cannot understand its success but there it is)

Would be fun to read other peoples' lists :)
To forgive is divine, but vengeance is mine

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:24 am

I am still hoping for an ACAS section of a concert where he puts the legs together live
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:34 pm

AliceFan wrote: You've got to be kidding me?? You're looking forward to an HV show over an Alice Cooper Gig somethings wrong there... at an HV gig you'll get no theatrics, no shock rock elements to the show at all,plus no, I'm Eighteen, no poison,no no more mr. Nice guy,etc.plus an Alice Cooper show is way more exciting! ! At an HV show yes you'll get Joe perry, Johnny depp,Matt sorum, but all they'll play is someone else version of cover songs that aren't their own songs . An no theatrics at all. Plus I've seen Alice Cooper solo so far 6 times and on March 8 will be my seventh time and every time seeing him he did not disappoint me not in the least. An he gave 150% every time I saw him since 2003 and actually he keeps getting better with age really.
Heaven forbid someone have an interest in seeing something that doesn't fit YOUR tastes/concert expectations...

Also, you will likely hear 18 and School's Out at an HV show.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:56 pm

My vote: Fireball, Rats, Holy Water, Fallen, Dead Flies or Paranormal. Rotate new songs is 5 is too many for a single show.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:50 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:
AliceFan wrote: You've got to be kidding me?? You're looking forward to an HV show over an Alice Cooper Gig somethings wrong there... at an HV gig you'll get no theatrics, no shock rock elements to the show at all,plus no, I'm Eighteen, no poison,no no more mr. Nice guy,etc.plus an Alice Cooper show is way more exciting! ! At an HV show yes you'll get Joe perry, Johnny depp,Matt sorum, but all they'll play is someone else version of cover songs that aren't their own songs . An no theatrics at all. Plus I've seen Alice Cooper solo so far 6 times and on March 8 will be my seventh time and every time seeing him he did not disappoint me not in the least. An he gave 150% every time I saw him since 2003 and actually he keeps getting better with age really.
Heaven forbid someone have an interest in seeing something that doesn't fit YOUR tastes/concert expectations...

Also, you will likely hear 18 and School's Out at an HV show.
Jeez,calm down drama filled girl, what now I can't have an opinion, so that's basically what you're saying to me?

lattss
Killer
Killer

Post by lattss » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:13 pm

In regards to HV concerts vs. AC concerts, I think it can be agreed that both are definitely entertaining and certainly better than nothing at all. When I saw the vampires, my favorite part was that Alice wasn't really in character. Hearing his stage banter, stories, and jokes was a real breath of fresh air. While I know that this would never happen, it made me think that some type of one-off "storytellers" style show would be really cool to see. Something where there is a flow of songs and stories presented to the audience in an intimate setting.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:28 pm

AliceFan wrote:
dadascot wrote:
jacknifejohnny wrote:Would be fantastic. I know we’ve had plenty of comparisons with Bowie on this forum in the past, but what I will say in his support is that ....He never played Space Oddity, Gene Genie, Starman etc. every single show....and his fan base was bigger, didn’t harm him .
This is why I am so looking forward to the HV gig! It's got to be a very different set list!
You've got to be kidding me?? You're looking forward to an HV show over an Alice Cooper Gig somethings wrong there... at an HV gig you'll get no theatrics, no shock rock elements to the show at all,plus no, I'm Eighteen, no poison,no no more mr. Nice guy,etc.plus an Alice Cooper show is way more exciting! ! At an HV show yes you'll get Joe perry, Johnny depp,Matt sorum, but all they'll play is someone else version of cover songs that aren't their own songs . An no theatrics at all. Plus I've seen Alice Cooper solo so far 6 times and on March 8 will be my seventh time and every time seeing him he did not disappoint me not in the least. An he gave 150% every time I saw him since 2003 and actually he keeps getting better with age really.
But here's the thing. For those of us who have seen Alice's recent tours over the years, it's almot the exact same show/setlist. Why would someone wanna see the same show over and over when they could see something completely fresh ? I mean if Alice would create a new show with new theatrics and more variety in the setlist, I would agree with you. But that's not the case, so I would probably rather see the Hollywood Vampires at this point too.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:08 am

So what exactly is this upcoming "major new show" for 2019" if it does indeed happen ? You would think he would create a new tour like that for the new album no ? Unless it's for the 50th anniversary, which it could very well be. I guess we'll find out.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:14 pm

And I bet the next album will sound like Killer too.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:29 pm

revinkevin wrote:And I bet the next album will sound like Killer too.
I knew you were an insider. :blues:
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:41 pm

HORRORHOLIC wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:08 am
So what exactly is this upcoming "major new show" for 2019" if it does indeed happen ? You would think he would create a new tour like that for the new album no ? Unless it's for the 50th anniversary, which it could very well be. I guess we'll find out.
Here's proof that a new stage show is definitely happening read above. So I guess it is a 50th anniversary tour celebration of "Pretties For You"album this year, this post is from last year and now fast forward to 2019 and people here still don't believe it's happening, but I do and have since I read the article last year. But I guess Alice was tired of doing the same stage show /setlist year after year and decided to change it up or maybe it's just for his 50th anniversary of Pretties.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:39 pm

AliceFan wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:41 pm
HORRORHOLIC wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:08 am
Here's proof that a new stage show is definitely happening read above. So I guess it is a 50th anniversary tour celebration of "Pretties For You"album this year, this post is from last year and now fast forward to 2019 and people here still don't believe it's happening, but I do and have since I read the article last year. But I guess Alice was tired of doing the same stage show /setlist year after year and decided to change it up or maybe it's just for his 50th anniversary of Pretties.
This is not proof of anything of the sort. Alice doing a 50th PFY show/tour? As much as I'd love this, I can't see it happening. Let's put it this way - I know who Ted Nugent* is, was 15 when his first solo album came out and enjoyed his music during my teens. If I went to see him live and he played anything but that album and the songs Free For All and Wango Tango, I wouldn't be familiar with the material. Therefore, it wouldn't be enjoyable for me. The same for the majority of AC audiences. As much as I'm sick of Poison, Dwight Frye and School's out, he HAS to play them...if he wants to sell tickets. On the other hard, if he played Levity Ball, Changing Arranging and Sing Low Sweet Cheerio (as much as I love those songs), most of the audience would be lost.

As for him being tired of the same setlist/show, he does have the Vampires as an outlet to do something different. I could be totally wrong, but I still say wait until we read reports of a handful of shows, then we will have something to go on.

*Footnote: I have no interest in seeing Ted Nugent. He bores me senseless. It was just an example.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:50 pm

Padre_sliprat, I think i miss worded my post wrong I meant to say that doing a 50th anniversary tour but with just 1 or 2 songs from pretties and the rest of the setlist with stuff from albums less played from like a career spanning setlist basically what he mentioned in the article from nme.com last month but according to the article Alice says or maybe the way it was interpreted in the interview it sounds like it's might only happen at the October UK Dates. But who knows it could happen all along the entire tour for the whole year. I hope.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:10 am

I heard he is covering Aerosmiths Dream On in the new stage show.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:07 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:10 am
I heard he is covering Aerosmiths Dream On in the new stage show.
Indeed..

Look, any substantial changes surely need planning and rehearsal - agreed?

Looking at the most up to date list of tour dates can you please tell me when this is going to happen? I'd previously suggested June but Nita and Chuck have added more dates for themselves then.

Do you really think that a totally new show and a whole load of new songs will just drop in with no need to rehearse to get that really well choreographed and tight set that Alice and the band are well known for?

There is less and less time available to achieve this - show me where the time is and I might have a better chance of believing this.