VinceRaven wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:47 am
padre_sliprat wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:00 am
Luney Tune (this will never happen)
Teenage Lament
Yeah Yeah Yeah
Wish You Were Here
Ah yes, Luney Tune, the holy grail of live performances for many, myself included.

I think Yeah Yeah Yeah is a very good shout considering the band have apparently been wanting him to do this one for a long time, added to the fact he's been doing a bit of harmonica on stage again lately.
Funny thing, when talking to Alice and Toby at the Louisville SuperCon back in late November/Early December, we were talking about how next year (2019) was his 50th anniversary of Pretties for you and what a great time to do songs from his entire career...Toby said do the entire PFY live Alice laughed at that, I said bring in some stuff from RYFAY, said also one of my favorites Luney Tune desperately needs to be played live...both of them said it had been played live this past tour!! I said where? I always keep up with the dates/setlists, they alluded that it had been done overseas...now maybe he meant in rehearsals??? If so, I guess that is a possibility, but I tend to think one of us would have been like: OMG! He broke out Luney Tune or a video would have surfaced....
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Re: ‘Ol black eyes is back Tour

Post by padre_sliprat » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:09 am

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:45 pm
Luney Tune desperately needs to be played live...both of them said it had been played live this past tour!! I said where? I always keep up with the dates/setlists, they alluded that it had been done overseas...now maybe he meant in rehearsals??? If so, I guess that is a possibility, but I tend to think one of us would have been like: OMG! He broke out Luney Tune or a video would have surfaced....
Luney Tune was on the pre-show tape on the 2005 Tour. See Me In The Mirror was played on the post-show tape as we were leaving.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:12 am

I think you and alot of people are going to get your wish, Alice has said in a few interviews already especially the one on nme.com that for the songs on this upcoming tour that he'll dip into albums that people wouldn't expect him to go to /perform from. Remember this interview? If not scroll down a ways on news page after Nita Strauss tour dates it's a little ways below that in news piece titled interviews. Now what are some rare songs you like Alice to play during this upcoming Tour?

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:33 am

AliceFan wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:12 am
Alongcameaspider27',
I think you and alot of people are going to get your wish, Alice has said in a few interviews already especially the one on nme.com that for the songs on this upcoming tour that he'll dip into albums that people wouldn't expect him to go to /perform from. Remember this interview? If not scroll down a ways on news page after Nita Strauss tour dates it's a little ways below that in news piece titled interviews. Now what are some rare songs you like Alice to play during this upcoming Tour?

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:24 am

Along Came A Spider 27, So during your conversation with Alice when said about playing songs from his entire career, I read in an interview on nme.com saying that's gonna happen during the UK tour. But is it going to happen during the other dates like in Europe, Mexico, and halestorm tour and separate US dates? I mean I would think it would right? Why should only the UK shows get to experience what Alice himself in the interview called it the tour and show as being a total "Alice extravaganza ".

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:43 am

Someone please reply this time okay? I've just listened to a interview with Alice Cooper being interviewed by Rock Journalist Mitch Lafon and Alice said this upcoming new tour we're doing is going to be over the top theatrical, and on this show creating it we went out our minds on this one,and it's gonna be really really different show.sounds very interesting.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:54 am

AliceFan wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:43 am
Someone please reply this time okay?
What is it you expect? We've all read/heard the same interviews. No one here knows any more about what will happen than you do.

I suggest you just wait and see.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:15 am

Anyone watching the ticket sales in the UK? They seem to be going well so far. Cardiff and Birmingham nearly sold out and the others doing well too.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:03 am

Del, I know you've probably already read my post to ACAS27, where he said he met Alice in Louisville last year and some guy from Alice's camp was discussing with him that he play songs from his entire career. An yes Alice discussed the same thing in an UK interview with nme.com where he stated ias for the songs im gonna dip into a bunch of albums that people wouldn't expect us to play stuff from. So I'm asking you since your from the UK that from the interview with nme.com Alice made it look like he was just talking about adding these songs from albums people wouldn't expect us to play stuff from for just the UK shows in October. But that would be ridiculous and unfair to his fans elsewhere in the world. So do you think he'll play same songs /setlist that includes songs from his entire career on the whole ol'blackeyesisback" tour from July till October.?? I ask cause I'll be attending a US show in July and I'd like to witness a setlist like that. Please respond back soon, del.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:54 am

Look at the tour dates for the year AliceFan.

Apart from a couple of weeks at the end of August the only real time available to rehearse a new show and setlist is in June when everyone is back from their own tours. On that basis it looks to me that any substantial change will start to be introduced from July.

I'm still not convinced about how much change there will actually be overall but I can't see it being introcuced during a two week period in August which will surely need to include a couple of days break and the travel across to Europe.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:19 pm

del wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:54 am
I'm still not convinced about how much change there will actually be overall...
My sentiments exactly.

(NOTE: Ellipses at the end of above partial quote added by me.)

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:05 am

I see Ryan's commenting on the Dave Matthews setlist, which is different nightly, chosen from 200 songs that band can play. Could this be one of his little clues? Notice, I did NOT say Coop was going to go that extreme of a route, but it's curious RR brings the subject up after Alice said there'd be some changes. The difference is DM really doesnt have near as many signature songs as Coop does. I also dont believe I can tell the difference between one Matthews song and another.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:25 pm

Padre_sliprat, So what are you basically getting at by saying him (Ryan ) commenting on Dave Matthew's setlist change every night? An where did you see Ryan's comments please let me know where I can read them?

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:30 pm

del wrote:

Apart from a couple of weeks at the end of August the only real time available to rehearse a new show and setlist is in June when everyone is back from their own tours. On that basis it looks to me that any substantial change will start to be introduced from July.

I'm still not convinced about how much change there will actually be overall but I can't see it being introcuced during a two week period in August which will surely need to include a couple of days break and the travel across to Europe.
actually, del, they Alice'sband might be learning these new rarities songs for the upcoming tour currently while no one is touring at the moment, so they band have plenty of time to learn a new setlist before everyone goes on their own solo tours starting in April.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:01 pm

AliceFan wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:25 pm
Padre_sliprat, So what are you basically getting at by saying him (Ryan ) commenting on Dave Matthew's setlist change every night? An where did you see Ryan's comments please let me know where I can read them?
Was on the front page here left side bar. I believe it's a Twitter feed.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:18 pm

Padre_sliprat, okay but I'm on a tablet and the twitter feed doesn't show up on the tablet. But I went to his official twitter, so are you basically saying that he's kinda referencing Alice's upcoming setlist for ol'blackeyesisback tour? ??

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:23 pm

AliceFan wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:18 pm
Padre_sliprat, okay but I'm on a tablet and the twitter feed doesn't show up on the tablet. But I went to his official twitter, so are you basically saying that he's kinda referencing Alice's upcoming setlist for ol'blackeyesisback tour? ??
Not exactly. What I'm saying is it could be the Mole dropping hints again. Of course, there's no way having 200 songs at the ready would work for Alice. Maybe...just maybe...we'll get more than a couple not-so-rare rarities...maybe not. Again, I wouldn't make much of what anybody says at this point. Wait until a handful of shows are played, then we'll know a little better what we might expect. In the meantime, don't stress out, it's just a rock show. Don't let it rent too much space in your head. Enjoy the Spring season.

Padre

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:26 am

AliceFan wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:30 pm
del wrote:

actually, del, they Alice'sband might be learning these new rarities songs for the upcoming tour currently while no one is touring at the moment, so they band have plenty of time to learn a new setlist before everyone goes on their own solo tours starting in April.
I was basically saying that I would be surprised if the planned changes (whatever they are) were made only for later in the year and that the US would miss out. You appear to be adding more evidence to that view.

Personally, I'm just happy to be having another tour to look forward to. Dreading the day that I don't..

As Padre says, enjoy the spring.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:37 pm

del wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:26 am
Personally, I'm just happy to be having another tour to look forward to. Dreading the day that I don't...
For all of my belly-aching with each tour and album, it will be a sad day when the only Alice we have is in the past tense.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:24 am

del wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:26 am
AliceFan wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:30 pm
del wrote:

I was basically saying that I would be surprised if the planned changes (whatever they are) were made only for later in the year and that the US would miss out. You appear to be adding more evidence to that view.

Personally, I'm just happy to be having another tour to look forward to. Dreading the day that I don't..

As Padre says, enjoy the spring.
So in other words your saying that whatever the planned changes are in the setlist that for the US and later in the year in the UK/Europe that the setlists will be identical or slightly the same for the entire ol'blackeyesisback Tour? ? Correct, that's whattractive im getting at from what you said.