For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: ‘Ol black eyes is back Tour

Post by rgallie » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:48 am

Taking the kids this year so unlike last year I am happy with my mediocre positioned tickets in both cost and seating area. But yeah Best available was clearly not offering best available.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:53 am

rgallie wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:48 am
Taking the kids this year so unlike last year I am happy with my mediocre positioned tickets in both cost and seating area. But yeah Best available was clearly not offering best available.
As stated above, it is also crazy that some of the 'premium packages' are seemingly offering you worse seats but at vastly greater prices. Those not willing to experiment may potentially end up being several rows further back than standard ticket holders and only have a 'Collectible Alice Cooper Merchandise' item to show for an extra £100 per ticket!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

BrianRS
Trash
Trash

Post by BrianRS » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:54 am

Yes, for Aberdeen choose your block, don't use best available. I was offered seats at a rear side block until I chose my price level and selected front block c and managed to get 2 tickets in the 2nd row !

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:17 am

Middle of 5th row in centre block (C)for Aberdeen. Could have had 2nd row in the other front blocks to the side but would rather have the full panoramic view from a few rows back.

NeilPearson
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by NeilPearson » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:44 am

After the farce of the numerous pre-sales in 2017, I wasn't holding out much hope of getting anything decent this time (and almost fell into the 'best available seat' trap as others have mentioned :nono:) but managed to score a front row, centre block ticket for Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham :clap:

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:24 pm

seems like they took the concerns of last tour to heart and have given the proper fans a chance at good seats on the pre-sale...either that or they've made a boo boo. Managed to get a pair of front rows for Cardiff and 4 on Row B for Manchester. So not grumbling at all. :clap:

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:33 pm

I was looking at Manchester, as a Glaswegian there's no way I'm going to Aberdeen. Best available just now is 12 rows back in block D (stage left), so I'll wait and try general release for something better - but I'm not committed, if I find nearer the front, fine. I'll travel for that. But I'm not travelling hundreds of miles and paying a three-figure sum just to have shite seats, I love Alice but it's not like I haven't seen him ten times before.

EDIT: I just looked again at Manc, and it listed block C (which it didn't before, or I missed it) - offered F4, which I declined and released, and it offered me row D (fourth row) just left of the aisle. So I bought the ticket, reasonably front and reasonably centre. Good to see it still doesn't offer the best tickets first time round.... I'm now 4th row middle of venue, instead of 6th row off to the very edge of the stage. I didn't gamble further.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:39 am

bigbradwolf wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:24 pm
seems like they took the concerns of last tour to heart and have given the proper fans a chance at good seats on the pre-sale...either that or they've made a boo boo. Managed to get a pair of front rows for Cardiff and 4 on Row B for Manchester. So not grumbling at all. :clap:
If they have responded to the issues from the last time then my thanks to all concerned. Only remaining gripes from me are the all seated venues and the fact that the best seat options are anything but I'll live with these for the overall improvement this time.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:47 pm

I have to say the ticketing has been great.

I originally bought tickets for Aberdeen on one of the side sections further back. I chose these thinking it might be better for my kids.

Having slept on it I got buyers remorse. Contacted the ticketing company this morning knowing the policy is not to issue refunds or cancellations and I would likely be stuck with my choice. I offered to pay the difference for an upgrade to better seats. They said as they are on pre-sale they can't do this, then refunded me. Went back on and got Section A row C. :clap:

Pretty Ballerina
Trash
Trash

Post by Pretty Ballerina » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:03 pm

Been trying to get good tickets for Aberdeen.
Editing my post... As just got seats in Block C Row A
Right at the front :)
My 11 year old daughter is thrilled :clap:

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:51 pm

Pretty Ballerina wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:03 pm
Been trying to get good tickets for Aberdeen.
Editing my post... As just got seats in Block C Row A
Right at the front :)
My 11 year old daughter is thrilled :clap:
Yup, in Scotland true fans are getting a real shot this year unlike the fiasco last time via ticketmaster...It's basically given the die hards a chance to be close without spending the crazy VIP money that prices many out. I went to the Hydro glad to see a special moment in the orginal line up but let down by the ticket hassle and average seats. This year is just brilliant. It sure seems like Alice and the people that surround him are listening to the fans.

I am pumped for this.

Got the Judas Priest/Ozzy reschuled date in Sept (in the rubbish ticketmaster seats) wi my 7 year old. Then this wi my 7 year old, 10 year old and Mrs. Going to be a good Autumn

Steven Allan
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Allan » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:23 am

Disappointed Newcastle is a no show, again :(

Last time I saw Alice was with Motley Crue in 2015. Hell, it is only four years ago.

Due to a really bad crash me and my family were in last year I struggle to travel any great distance now. Also, the chronic fatigue I suffer from my leukaemia doesn't help.

I do have tickets for Kiss (Newcastle, seated), The Bizarre World of Frank Zappa (Sage Gateshead, seated) and Conversations With Nick Cave (Sage Gateshead, front row seat).

Fun fact. This Kiss gig makes them level pegging with Alice now. I've seen them both sixteen times apiece.

Sev
Trash
Trash

Post by Sev » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:39 pm

Hello, long shot in the dark, but any idea how to get good seating tickets at any of the UK dates? Manchesters website and ticket masters not helping any advice is good x thank u in advance

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:49 pm

Why oh why seated concert?? That's the death for a concert.

Steven Allan
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Allan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:16 am

mestreech wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:49 pm
Why oh why seated concert?? That's the death for a concert.
True, but I'm getting old.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:46 pm

Does it seem weird that there hasn't been anything yet about the USA dates? New show/production and you would think the USA is going to get some love...could he be skipping out on the USA for his solo show in favor of Vampires???
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:25 pm

Sev wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:39 pm
Hello, long shot in the dark, but any idea how to get good seating tickets at any of the UK dates? Manchesters website and ticket masters not helping any advice is good x thank u in advance
You may have missed your chance of getting good seats at a reasonable(ish) price, as the best opportunity to do this was during the pre-sale that took place last week.

Unless you're willing to spend big bucks on a meet and greet, your best bet is to go to Alicecooper.com, follow the ticket links, and see what you can get. Every venue has a seating plan, so you can see roughly where you'll end up sitting. Failing that, Brighton is standing so yo could always get a ticket there and arrive really early so you can get to the front.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:26 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:25 pm
Sev wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:39 pm
You may have missed your chance of getting good seats at a reasonable(ish) price, as the best opportunity to do this was during the pre-sale that took place last week.

Unless you're willing to spend big bucks on a meet and greet, your best bet is to go to Alicecooper.com, follow the ticket links, and see what you can get. Every venue has a seating plan, so you can see roughly where you'll end up sitting. Failing that, Brighton is standing so you could always get a ticket there and arrive really early so you can get to the front.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:31 pm

What can we expect from the Ol’ Black Eyes Is Back tour?

“The great thing about the tour coming to the UK is we’ve done this last show for the last two and a half years so we’re ready to retire this show. The next show, all the elements are out there – it’s going to be a pure Alice Cooper show. It’s going to have all the stuff that everybody wants to see and new stuff and for the songs, we dip into a bunch of albums that people probably are not going to expect us to go to. So it’s going to be a total Alice extravaganza.”

Might we be getting a good mix of rarities maybe finally RYFAY??? Hey one can dream lol
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:50 pm

I really hope he has some new songs to play. If it's gonna be the same show AGAIN I will be very disappointed, not for the first time.