Danny Baker & Alice @ BAFTA`s

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Danny Baker & Alice @ BAFTA`s

Post by Rob » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:28 am

Nice to see that Danny used Alice in his hilarious series of spoof tweets from the Bafta`s - https://twitter.com/prodnose , he managed to keep it real enough that even the mainstream media reported on it :rotfl:
It must be true A_Michael said so

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Danny Baker & Alice @ BAFTA`s

Post by Si » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:39 am

Rob wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:28 am
Nice to see that Danny used Alice in his hilarious series of spoof tweets from the Bafta`s - https://twitter.com/prodnose , he managed to keep it real enough that even the mainstream media reported on it :rotfl:
Of course, because how were they to know he was lying? I didn't know until I saw photos of Alice in LA the same night. I was trying to work out how the hell Alice could have been in London and LA in such a short space of time!
Someone later emailed me that it was some joke he does, but for the average person there was no way to know that, so not really that funny, just "fake news". Still not really why it was supposed to be funny....

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:47 am

I think this is what gave it away
Duchess Of Cambridge has a bloke who is getting her drink. He's been trying to get bar staff attention for ages. She only wants a fizzy water. He waved a tenner. Then a score. Now waving a fifty pound note shouting, "The Duchess is waiting!". No joy. #BAFTA

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:08 pm

Rob wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:47 am
I think this is what gave it away
Duchess Of Cambridge has a bloke who is getting her drink. He's been trying to get bar staff attention for ages. She only wants a fizzy water. He waved a tenner. Then a score. Now waving a fifty pound note shouting, "The Duchess is waiting!". No joy. #BAFTA
Never seen that, and tbh not sure how it relates. I don't pay any attention to the Baftas so was she there? I don't know. Seems plausible, being a high-brow event, and likely that someone would get her drinks. That he couldn't get served WOULD be pretty funny, but I assume this didn't happen either. So really don't get that either or why it shows the Alice one was a 'joke'.

I just got a news notification of the tweet mentioning Alice, went to twitter and there it was. Scanned for any other Alice mentions in his feed and didn't see any, so went searching for any other mentions or photos of Alice at the Baftas, which I couldn't find. Just other places quoting from Baker that he was there. It was about an hour+ later I found the photos of Alice in LA the previous night and realised something was up.

Basically his 'joke' just wasted my time, which is why it annoyed me. The fact mainstream journalists didn't bother to even try and check it isn't really that surprising. Why would they? It was just a famous name to drop into their article.

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:25 pm

Be warned Danny says will also be attending the upcoming Oscars