Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Post by patrick » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:02 pm

ok, my mistake : did as uncle Alice asked and cranked up the volume ( and checked my system :)) : everythings sounds good now !
(tried to delete previous post , but didn"t manage to do so , sorry.)
you really wouldn't understand..

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:21 pm

It does make me crave another reunion! I was lucky enough to see them last year but an extended set would be incredible. There is just a different quality when they play together.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:23 pm

Also perhaps the could release an ep of the mini set from last year! There is obviously a demand there for this kind of limited release.

Draugen
Trash
Trash

Post by Draugen » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:18 pm

I live in Norway, and nowhere close to a record store that might have this record. I sent a question to «Good Records» to ask if it was possible to buy it directly from them. Got this respons:

«you can order direct from me if you would like. if you order 3 GR editions will make sure you get 1 of each of the colors. The RSD editions would be at random color choices.

there will be a RSD edition for $40 and a good records edition for $60.

Both version have a 24x36 double sided poster, 11x11 16 page booklet, printed inner sleeve, and trading cards

The GR edition will have a few more bits and bobs: a six piece 8"x10" double sided print set, slipmat, guitar pick, patch, & a custom 5x7 sticker sheet.

RSD edition is limited to 4000 and GR edition is limited to 1000 RSD edition has 12 color variants and GR edition has 3 color variants that aren't in the RSD version.

you can paypal friends/family style to chris@goodrecordsrecordings.com NOW and when it comes time to ship I will hit you up for exact shipping costs

in your paypal notes include how many and what you are ordering and your shipping address.

Thanks for the interest,
Chris Penn»

I have never used paypal before, but googled it. Seems like the friends and familiy option is a bit risky. So I was wondering if this seems legit, or should I just forget the whole thing?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:20 pm

It's legit.
Chris is a good guy.

Draugen
Trash
Trash

Post by Draugen » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:24 pm

Thank you for the help Si.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:21 am

Really $40/$60 for what is basically an Ep?
I'm sorry that a vinyl edition is not in my price range. Sure the goodies help but as long as I feel I can hear it down the road,(& some tracks of which I've had the pleasure) I'm not that much of a completest.
Sorry to say. :(
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:44 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:21 am
Really $40/$60 for what is basically an Ep?
I'm sorry that a vinyl edition is not in my price range. Sure the goodies help but as long as I feel I can hear it down the road,(& some tracks of which I've had the pleasure) I'm not that much of a completest.
Sorry to say. :(
$40 is a fair price for what is the best Alice Cooper live album ever released - blows that Paris release out of the water

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:59 am

Understand the excitement about this but personally I’d rather have new material to listen to.

When I saw them in Glasgow last year it fulfilled a lifetime ambition but it also closed the book for me on the original band. I’ll probably buy this at some point if it gets some form of full release but until then I’m more than content to stick with what I have and spend my money elsewhere.

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:37 am

del wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:59 am
Understand the excitement about this but personally I’d rather have new material to listen to.

When I saw them in Glasgow last year it fulfilled a lifetime ambition but it also closed the book for me on the original band. I’ll probably buy this at some point if it gets some form of full release but until then I’m more than content to stick with what I have and spend my money elsewhere.

I couldn’t disagree with you more, except the new music part. I was at both Nashville shoes and Golden God’s in 2011, and I think it’s a shame that Alice does not do anything with the OG’s with the exception of a handful of 5 song gigs. This new live album is exceptionally good, especially for an impromptu show. I’m very disappointed the 50th anniversary was not acknowledged in 2018. I sincerely hope that they can play some shows together in 2019 while 4 of the surviving members of Alice Cooper are still capable of performing

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:02 am

Received my copy today and it looks great. The only thing that slightly concerns me is receiving an email from Chris asking to transfer $38 for shipping. That seems massively excessive to me. I send vinyls from the UK to the states all the time and it doesn't cost half that.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:21 am

While Heaven Wept wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:02 am
Received my copy today and it looks great. The only thing that slightly concerns me is receiving an email from Chris asking to transfer $38 for shipping. That seems massively excessive to me. I send vinyls from the UK to the states all the time and it doesn't cost half that.
For some reason Postage charges to the UK seem HUGE. Look at any of the recent things like DD's campaign or Nita's album bundles. Often the postage is more then the actual item you want. I agree it doesn't seem to cost quite as much going the other way.
Did you get hit for customs as well?

I'm having issues with Nita's bundle from Sumerian records at the moment. They only sent the CD but incorrectly put the full bundle value on the customs declaration! That cost another $20 thanks to customs charges. So far just the one $18 CD has cost me $80, and I've not received the vinyl yet and there's no reply from their customer services either.
If they do the same when they send the vinyl and list the full order value the $45 order will end up costing me well over $100. Not happy.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:16 pm

It pays to know someone in the US. Have the record shipped to them and have them mail it to you. They can mail it to you as a gift or put down used record and a value of a few $. This way you won't attract any customs nonsense. I helped a fellow member here a few years back with a Who collection that would have cost them a small fortune in postage.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:20 pm

Bear in mind that postage has increased a lot here and that Chris would have to go to the post office to have the thing weighed and fill out the customs form. Add in the time that that takes and you can see why this adds up $ wise.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:23 pm

If I have a spare moment I will go to the post office with a CD and an album and see what the cost would be to mail to the UK. I'm guessing a CD would be 7 to 10$.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:09 pm

VinceLeeRose wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:37 am
del wrote:

I couldn’t disagree with you more, except the new music part. I was at both Nashville shoes and Golden God’s in 2011, and I think it’s a shame that Alice does not do anything with the OG’s with the exception of a handful of 5 song gigs. This new live album is exceptionally good, especially for an impromptu show. I’m very disappointed the 50th anniversary was not acknowledged in 2018. I sincerely hope that they can play some shows together in 2019 while 4 of the surviving members of Alice Cooper are still capable of performing
Would like to think they can still play together but in all honesty I've tried to get excited and can't. Would never complain about ACG gigs as everyone has the right to make their own decisions but I haven't been gripped by the new material they have contributed to and moved on a long time ago from the 'classic' albums (always happy to go back every now and again though). Personal choices..

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:06 am

del wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:09 pm
Personal choices..
Absolutely! With such a long and diverse career covering 2 very defined eras (and then eras within these eras) it is entirely expected that not everyone will get excited by every new song or release.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:39 am

del wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:09 pm
VinceLeeRose wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:37 am
del wrote:

Would like to think they can still play together but in all honesty I've tried to get excited and can't. Would never complain about ACG gigs as everyone has the right to make their own decisions but I haven't been gripped by the new material they have contributed to and moved on a long time ago from the 'classic' albums (always happy to go back every now and again though). Personal choices..
I can see some not liking the new ACG material (however, I think some of the Dennis songs on Paranormal, like ‘Fireball’, are very good), but as far as shows...I just think it would be nice to do the solo/ACG thing in some of the big markets in 2019. (I’d love for a full ACG set, but I’m trying to be realistic here. I know they can do it, but I doubt it’ll happen) Fans deserve to see these guys . they’re not getting any younger, and I think the whole situation with how the band ended is sad. The band didn’t know it was over until it was over. I think it would just be respectable to give some closure to it. Not just for the band, but for Alice himself. Go out with the same guys that you started this journey with!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:51 am

VinceLeeRose wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:39 am
Fans deserve to see these guys . they’re not getting any younger, and I think the whole situation with how the band ended is sad. The band didn’t know it was over until it was over. I think it would just be respectable to give some closure to it. Not just for the band, but for Alice himself. As much as I love and adore Alice, I need something more than seeing my favorite vocalist fronting the worlds best cover band. I want to see Alice with THE band.
Problem is, they have done almost exactly what you are asking for just last year. It presumably just wasn't close enough to you that you could get there for whatever reason (no judgement), but they did do it. They gave you that. What you want is for them to do it again closer to you, which is fair enough, but you can`t say they haven`t done exactly what you ask for.
If they had done the shows nearer to you you would have been happy, and others would be in your situation. They can`t play everywhere and please everyone.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:36 am

I forgot about Fireball - love that one.