For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Tour 2018!

Post by SickThings » Tue May 22, 2018 12:00 pm

That's been the presale code for all shows for at least the last three years, so I would say "Yes."

Paul
Killer
Killer

Post by Paul » Tue May 22, 2018 3:37 pm

Just watching the footage on the main page of the Vampires performing School's Out. How many times has Alice sang this song live? Thousands of times? And yet he always makes it look like it's a new song. That's professionalism for you.

Sparticus
Killer
Killer

Post by Sparticus » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:54 pm

Do we think the setlist is going to stay the same for this next leg or do we foresee a couple of small changes?
If you call that guilty...then that's what I am

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:44 pm

I expect more or less the same. Alice just wrapped up the Vampires tour and is only taking about a three week break or so. There may be a song or two changed such as they did "Serious" the last leg of the tour. I could see them bringing back something like "The World Needs Guts" (which I prefer to hear over Serious. Didn't think that one came across that great this last leg) or I do know they did rehearse "Roses on White Lace"several months ago and with Halloween coming up in a few months I think that one would be an awesome addition but for the most part, I would guess it is going to be 98 percent the same.

Sparticus
Killer
Killer

Post by Sparticus » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:45 am

Yeah that’s what I’m hoping for. I saw the last leg finale and am hitting the second show of this leg so my fingers are crossed for one or two changes. Thanks.

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:40 pm

cooperrocks wrote:I expect more or less the same. Alice just wrapped up the Vampires tour and is only taking about a three week break or so. There may be a song or two changed such as they did "Serious" the last leg of the tour. I could see them bringing back something like "The World Needs Guts" (which I prefer to hear over Serious. Didn't think that one came across that great this last leg) or I do know they did rehearse "Roses on White Lace"several months ago and with Halloween coming up in a few months I think that one would be an awesome addition but for the most part, I would guess it is going to be 98 percent the same.
It would be nice, but I'm assuming it will be the exact same set unfortunately - although I hope I'm wrong. it would be nice to hear something like ROSES or, even, GASP....some PARANORMAL songs for the PARANORMAL tour! Insane concept, but it MIGHT work!!!!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:47 pm

Any songs are welcome. Never get tired of the Show. Less than a month now.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:56 pm

Just as an FYI to anyone going to one of the first two shows of the upcoming leg, Nita has posted that she will be missing those two shows to attend her sister's wedding.

Darned fine reason to miss, I'd say!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Sparticus
Killer
Killer

Post by Sparticus » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:05 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:56 pm
Just as an FYI to anyone going to one of the first two shows of the upcoming leg, Nita has posted that she will be missing those two shows to attend her sister's wedding.

Noooooo 😭

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:56 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:

If I am interpreting things right, I think Ori might be free from her previous project of the last few years..

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:43 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:

I might have to catch those first 2 shows then! She should feel free to take some more time off - I won't judge

Sparticus
Killer
Killer

Post by Sparticus » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:27 am

Sounds like they are just going to roll with 2 guitars for the first two shows.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:03 am

Sparticus wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:27 am
Sounds like they are just going to roll with 2 guitars for the first two shows.
Yes. That's exactly what they are going to do.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:47 pm

No setlist changes last night.

Ryan took the solo before Poison. If you happened to see the Planet Axe tour, it was the cool solo that he worked up for that. Nice little inclusion of some lines from "Six Hours" in there. :-)

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:01 pm

I was going to go to 3 of the shows in the next 2 weeks but I’m passing. So disappointing to see the same setlist/show for the last 3-4 years with little changes. I’m glad I went to Nashville last year because it was really special to see the original lineup perform. Until more reunion shows or a full overhaul of the stage show, I got to take a step back. I just don’t want to see thdon’t casual fans get burned out like me, and I’m a pretty hardcore fan! But some people that went to the shows last year and the one this year are probably saying “oh it’ll be the same show next time” and not go

At least throw back in Pain and another Paranormal song. Pain sounded fantastic last year

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:16 pm

I do very much wish that Pain was still in the setlist.

I'm not really surprised by there being no change in the setlist last night from the previous run of dates, since it is a continuation of the same tour.

And more importantly, everyone was CRAZY BUSY on the "break" from this tour.

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:39 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:16 pm

I'm not really surprised by there being no change in the setlist last night from the previous run of dates, since it is a continuation of the same tour.

Yeah, just wishful thinking on my part. Even though I know the logistics of everyone being busy on the break, etc I guess I’m just in that denial mode, ha. I really hope they have some amazing things planned for next years tour - and hoping they finally get rid of that FrankenAlice lol!

lattss
Killer
Killer

Post by lattss » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:41 pm

VinceLeeRose wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:39 am
NotSoPerfect wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:16 pm

Yeah, just wishful thinking on my part. Even though I know the logistics of everyone being busy on the break, etc I guess I’m just in that denial mode, ha. I really hope they have some amazing things planned for next years tour - and hoping they finally get rid of that FrankenAlice lol!
I don't think it's wishful thinking just on your part haha. I feel like there's a few sickthings that would love to at least see a little change-up in the setlist. Here's my impression of the first show of this leg:

The WI State Fair was my 10th Alice Cooper show, and he is still as phenomenal as when I saw him in 2004 (My first concert ever!). With that said, this was definitely not my favorite AC concert either. Maybe it was because I couldn't grab any close seats or maybe the state fair doesn't always create a great atmosphere for AC, but something just felt a little off for me. It's hard for me to put my finger on it. I think the lowest part of the show was WOMD because without Nita, I really don't see what that song does for anyone. It's not a hit that will please the casual fans and its a song that the hardcore fans have likely either heard before, or would replace if they had the option.

As for crowd reaction, it seemed to really range. The crowd on the floor stood the whole time and looked pretty engaged, but my section in the grandstands was quite dull. Occasionally someone would stand with me haha. Toward the end, it seemed like there was more people singing (or singing louder), in my section.

I know that I've been focusing on the negatives, so here are just a few of the many positives. I think Serious was awesome and I loved the glitzy/flashy jacket and lights during the song. While it's basically the same as before, the OWB/Ballad of Dwight Frye/Killer portion is always exciting and thrilling. I loved hearing the Paranormal songs and they sounded great. Also, since the second half of the set seems to be filled with more of the theatrics, it really flies by!

So there's my long review that no one asked for :p . All in all, it's the same great show with an excellent band. I think the only downfall for long-term fans is that it is the same great show.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:08 pm

Good review. Nita Strauss adds so much to the show. I love to hear her playing style and I would like to see The World Needs Guts back in the set or the often rumored Roses on White Lace brought into the set and maybe 2 more songs added to the setlist.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:30 pm

I see that Ori made it as a quest in LA. Nice to see. Jesus, she is thin these days though. I hope she is well.