Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: From the Inside

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:20 pm

Si wrote:
Paulimo wrote:
rtbuck wrote:I remember seeing on PBS Alice, Bernie, & some guy on piano...they played Millie & Billie & I think there was another song they did that didn't make the album...I think it was on just after the album was released
The other guy was Bruce Roberts, the co writer. A snippet is on one of the DVDs, Super Duper I think.
Other song was 'Locked Up Lullaby'
that album is already ballad heavy. Probably a dud.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:19 am

When I attended a show on the Madhouse Rock Tour, (row 7, just right of dead center) they did not play WTMN. The show was 70 minutes and there was a song played which none of those who were with me recognized. All of us owned every AC record and knew every track by heart. The song in question was a straight ahead rocker, maybe 2 and a half minutes, along the lines of Grim Facts- and no guitar solo.

There were no theatrics during that tune, just Alice and band rocking out under a pale green wash of light - no spotlights. It was as if they were portraying a basic rock band. That was the closest he came to breaking the 4th wall during that concert.

I've questioned many people over the years about this and nobody has had an answer or even a clue as to what I'm talking about. I should have asked Brian while there was still time, as he might have been there. Maybe Steve Hunter or Davey Johnstone would recall it, but I don't have access to them.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:57 am

All Strapped Up?
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:35 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:All Strapped Up?
All Strapped Up was the song with the Magic Screen, wan't it? They did a chase scene around the mental hospital grounds, and Alice tossed a bomb back and forth into the screen. So...it couldn't have been that. Kevin, the song I saw may be lost to the ages.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:28 pm

I think it was called Too Much Weed or Mass Hallucination.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:18 pm

pitkin88 wrote:I think it was called Too Much Weed or Mass Hallucination.
Nope. Never attended a concert under any influences. We would literally go in and take notes.

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:42 am

padre_sliprat wrote:When I attended a show on the Madhouse Rock Tour, (row 7, just right of dead center) they did not play WTMN. The show was 70 minutes and there was a song played which none of those who were with me recognized. All of us owned every AC record and knew every track by heart. The song in question was a straight ahead rocker, maybe 2 and a half minutes, along the lines of Grim Facts- and no guitar solo.

There were no theatrics during that tune, just Alice and band rocking out under a pale green wash of light - no spotlights. It was as if they were portraying a basic rock band. That was the closest he came to breaking the 4th wall during that concert.

I've questioned many people over the years about this and nobody has had an answer or even a clue as to what I'm talking about. I should have asked Brian while there was still time, as he might have been there. Maybe Steve Hunter or Davey Johnstone would recall it, but I don't have access to them.
Interesting. Was there lyrics to it? I saw that tour and remember "Wish You Were Here" thrown in instrumentally during a jam.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:00 am

Mr.Bluelegs wrote:
Interesting. Was there lyrics to it? I saw that tour and remember "Wish You Were Here" thrown in instrumentally during a jam.
Yes, it was a standard rock kinda song, lyrics and all. Yes, WYWH was an instrumental as was It's Hot Tonight.

Spot and Jerome
Killer
Killer

Post by Spot and Jerome » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:47 pm

padre_sliprat wrote:
Mr.Bluelegs wrote:
Yes, it was a standard rock kinda song, lyrics and all. Yes, WYWH was an instrumental as was It's Hot Tonight.
http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/content.p ... tlists.php

YMCA then?

Ok, sorry :)
To forgive is divine, but vengeance is mine

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:35 am

With everything scripted even down to Alice's comments it seems highly unlikely this happened. There is certainly no evidence to support it. I'm sure Amuk or someone would have chimed in or Renfield would have mentioned when he was talking about unreleased stuff.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:11 am

pitkin88 wrote:With everything scripted even down to Alice's comments it seems highly unlikely this happened. There is certainly no evidence to support it. I'm sure Amuk or someone would have chimed in or Renfield would have mentioned when he was talking about unreleased stuff.
Just because you weren't there to give it your stamp of approval, does not mean it didn't happen. I was there. It happened. Deal with it. Your poor attempt at gaslighting doesn't change the facts.
Last edited by padre_sliprat on Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:43 am

This era, with all of it's blemishes, is emblematic of my own strange teenage years. I have a hard time dealing with the sounds, feelings, and images from this vulnerable time in our history together. It reminds me of that guy who we all knew in high school. The one who took it too far.

Glad he came back.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:34 pm

I asked the question some years ago was there any material that didn't make the album and was quickly slapped down. I know there has to be some tracks hidden away and it would be great for a deluxe version of this to be released. :rock:

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:08 am

The problem is that WB or Rhino are not interested in this. At least that's what I think.
Releasing the vinyls in color is the new hype and an easy cash-in.
Shame Alice Cooper's back catalogue is so treated, they/he deserves better. ::((: ::((: ::((: ::((: