Billion Dollar Babies - 45th Anniversary

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Billion Dollar Babies - 45th Anniversary

Post by Dannorama » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:43 am

February 25, 1973. The band at their peak began that day. I had to say something! Happy 45th, guys.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Billion Dollar Babies - 45th Anniversary

Post by dadascot » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:09 pm

Great anniversary, while I love it, it is the least favourite of the ACG warner albums for me. Still makes it greater than just about any other album!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:41 pm

B$B took a while to grow on me, honestly, but it has made its way into my top 10.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:01 pm

First AC album I ever heard. Incredible piece of work.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:01 pm

My first AC album. Saw Alice do Sick Things on the Snoop Sisters and had to have that song.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

tomwabe
Trash
Trash

Post by tomwabe » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:42 pm

Hi - New member saying hello to all!

B$B isn't my favourite - that honour goes to the two that preceded it with 'Killer' generally being on top - but it was my first as a thirteen year old in '73... in fact - with saved up dinner money (my lovely Baptist and conservative - with a small 'c' - parents would never have given me the funds to join up with the freak-show that had entranced me on Top Of The Pops) - it was the first record I ever bought.

The intro to 'Hello Hooray' still raises a teenage shiver. Its maybe a tad over-produced for me now - but that's with hindsight. At the time I was thrilled with the sonic miracle - that impossibly cool gang were taped in some room and the sounds coming out of my hand-me-down mono gramophone were actually made by them - it was like having a window from my suburban bedroom into a more exciting world.

Happy birthday B$B. God love you.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:48 pm

tomwabe wrote:Hi - New member saying hello to all!

B$B isn't my favourite - that honour goes to the two that preceded it with 'Killer' generally being on top - but it was my first as a thirteen year old in '73... in fact - with saved up dinner money (my lovely Baptist and conservative - with a small 'c' - parents would never have given me the funds to join up with the freak-show that had entranced me on Top Of The Pops) - it was the first record I ever bought.

The intro to 'Hello Hooray' still raises a teenage shiver. Its maybe a tad over-produced for me now - but that's with hindsight. At the time I was thrilled with the sonic miracle - that impossibly cool gang were taped in some room and the sounds coming out of my hand-me-down mono gramophone were actually made by them - it was like having a window from my suburban bedroom into a more exciting world.

Happy birthday B$B. God love you.
Hey there, Tom! I was also 13 in '73. My parents were Baptist as well as conservative (as am I). They funded my Coop purchases for years. Mom said, "It's better than him going out and getting on drugs."
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."