36 years today

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

36 years today

Post by dadascot » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:04 pm

This is the 36th anniversary of the first time I saw Alice live. Glasgow Apollo. I was a 15 year old. I will never forget the atmosphere that night. One reviewer described it as 'a religious event' and expected Alice to walk out in a beam of light! The crowd chanted his name from start to finish, even during the songs! I have seen him many times since but nothing will ever compare to that magical night. Three of us were there together! Sadly one of my friends has since passed but we will keep the flame burning!

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Re: 36 years today

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:53 am

Ahh Special Forces tour - I missed it. Having found out about the concert too late - as in I just5 went to see Saga and Black Sabbath the same month and not knowing about the Alice date, I didn't have the funds to see 3 concerts in one month I was bummed considering Alice was a no show for the FtF date that I did have tickets for, I thought I was cursed and would never get to see Alice in concert. '82 may have been the height of my fandom too. So glad there's the Passaic video for us to enjoy.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:39 am

Nice bootleg from the era captures the audience chanting Alice Alice over and over before the band goes into a fast-paced version of Under My Wheels. At the time I was glad to see that Alice still had rapid fans given his slide downward in terms of popularity.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:58 am

The bootleg from Glasgow is one of the best I have. What a show and audience.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:33 am

Me too dadascot. Best gig of my life. Waited for ten years to see him. Crowd were amazing that night. Apollo was a legendary venue and the atmosphere was always strong but this was utterly amazing. On the night some folk told me 72 was better because nobody had seen him before. That would have been immense.

The father of my brother's friend owned the venue at that time. Said it was one of the best gigs for atmosphere and that the fans were perhaps the most avid and certainly the most intense he had seen.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:55 pm

That was indeed a great night. Still my favourite live Alice experience.