Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Vampires UK dates with the Darkness and the Damned

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:31 pm

sparkinthedark wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:
sparkinthedark wrote:I've never objected to paid meet & greets - fill your boots, as far as I'm concerned - but I intensely dislike the trend of it being attached to tickets in the front row/s. If people wish to pay eye-watering prices for the chance to meet some of the band that's entirely their prerogative but I do strongly feel that such things should be an add-on to a ticket, meaning that everyone has an equal stab at the chance to be down front
I totally get where you're coming from but it doesn't look like this is going away. They're just copying what goes on elsewhere in life, like on planes and in cinemas etc. If you want the best seats, then it's going to cost you.

At least we all enjoyed many, many, shoes in Alice's career where if you got there early, you got to the front.

Oh, no question and as you say, when all's said and done we had a good run of it. Doesn't make it any less sick-making or rage-inducing, though. ;)
Not sick-making or rage-inducing, business is business.

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:55 pm

I wrote quite a long blog post about this last year, my frustrations trying to get tickets for Depeche Mode/BBC 6music Festival, Alice, and Penn & Teller.
https://embracetheabsurdity.wordpress.c ... -festival/

I've had a look at the SEC presale today and have seen almost nothing on the floor, and definitely nothing worth £60, which is more or less what they're charging.

Fact is, aside from Alice, after 19 years and 350+ gigs, I have given up attending anything above 2000 capacity. It's expensive, it's hard work, and when you get there every fanny with a camera blocks the view.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:12 pm

Cool blog dude, I enjoyed reading that.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:50 pm

My friend had presale for sse hydro and got second row to the side £60 including booking fee. I'm trying first thing tomorrow, so let's see.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:39 am

Si wrote:
mestreech wrote:What I don't understand is why is there such a huge difference between the US/UK and for example Holland / Germany.
A rockconcert is almost NEVER all seated. You can sit on the sides but in the hall on the ground floor you have free admission (sometimes you have the first yards for the Golden circle) but that's it.
Strange how things can be so different.
Up until last year shows were mostly unseated here as well for Alice even in the arenas. The new promoters (AEG) decided to screw us all (okay, almost all. There are obviously people with more money then sense out there) and make it seated to squeeze extra money out of people.
It pretty much ruined the last tour as it destroys the atmosphere when you are surrounded with people who don`t really seem to care about the show, don`t know the songs and spend more time playing with their phones or going in and out for more beer.
This, plus the horrible venues that are the UK arenas, is the main problem. The other problem is the way tickets are sold. You have no idea where or when decent tickets will turn up, which utility, phone or bank you may need to access them, and most seem to go to VIP or straight secondary market anyway.

If you are happy to pay a lot of money (ticket/parking/food/drink etc) to sit up the side or back and watch through binoculars (or the occasional big screen TV, which Alice has rarely had) to see what is happening that that's fine. I'm not and many others aren`t either, and it's heartbreaking to see it happening more and more often.

You wait, it will likely happen where you are as well.

I really do hope NOT.

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:08 am

bigbradwolf wrote:. The reason I say unfortunately is I reckon a good 50% of the crowd are there for Jonny Depp
But I would have thought this was a good thing ? More exposure to a newer younger audience

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:31 am

nurserozetta wrote:
bigbradwolf wrote:. The reason I say unfortunately is I reckon a good 50% of the crowd are there for Jonny Depp
But I would have thought this was a good thing ? More exposure to a newer younger audience
Exactly. The mrs. Saw Bruno Mars at the hydro and I dragged her to Alice. She said Alice blew Mars off the stage and now allows me to play Alice constantly....well the last bits not quite true but she moans less!

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:59 am

dadascot wrote:
nurserozetta wrote:
Exactly. The mrs. Saw Bruno Mars at the hydro and I dragged her to Alice. She said Alice blew Mars off the stage and now allows me to play Alice constantly....well the last bits not quite true but she moans less!
Maybe but at the same time it's the Alice Cooper shows that flourish. I don't think this band is as tight as Alice's touring band (from the vids I've seen). On top of that it's the theatrics in an Alice Cooper show which gives it an edge.

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:17 am

wind_up_toy wrote:Cool blog dude, I enjoyed reading that.
Thanks.

Had a look today, on three different sites, but couldn't find any tickets that I want to pay £62 for. I finally drew the line last year when Iron Maiden wanted £70, and I think I just found my limit with Alice.

For £60 this year, I can buy tickets to see Blaze Bayley, Sumo Cyco, GosT, Skyclad, and Mortiis, and have five nights out at club shows - instead of one arena gig watching Johnny Depp play classic rock, which is what most people will be there to see/take photos of.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:44 pm

jram wrote:
Thanks.

Had a look today, on three different sites, but couldn't find any tickets that I want to pay £62 for. I finally drew the line last year when Iron Maiden wanted £70, and I think I just found my limit with Alice.

For £60 this year, I can buy tickets to see Blaze Bayley, Sumo Cyco, GosT, Skyclad, and Mortiis, and have five nights out at club shows - instead of one arena gig watching Johnny Depp play classic rock, which is what most people will be there to see/take photos of.
What a shame, but fair play to you.

I'm 40 this year so have agreed for my in-laws to buy me and my other half tickets. Having done lots of research we've managed to get Block A Row 9 for Wembley via 'Amazon Prime lounge'. It's £100 per ticket but you get this:

Enjoy premium seats and entry to the cool backstage Amazon Prime lounge at The SSE Arena, Wembley. Each ticket purchase includes:
• VIP entry
• A welcome drink on arrival
• A unique backstage perspective where you can watch the set-up of the show
• Access to a private bar and facilities

Not perfect, but much less than £1,000 for M&G plus you just never know if this will be the only / last time you see the Vampires / Alice.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:45 pm

Oh and the Johnny Depp thing is definitely having an impact. Lots of people at work know of the tour, this would simply never happen with an Alice solo tour so attendances may be quite healthy I would think.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:15 pm

I managed to grab x2 pairs of tickets in the 4th row for Manchester today which I'm really chuffed about.

Having looked a few hours later....It looks like it's going to be a sell out...Very few tickets available.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:29 pm

Hope you'll enjoy it . Curious to find out about the setlist. So far I've only read new material is in the works, but probably they'll do (a lot ? some?) of their first covers album as well, won't they ?
you really wouldn't understand..

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:35 pm

I reckon they'll play a handful of their own stuff, mixed in with mainly covers. There are songs they didn't play off the first album live, probably because Alice would struggle to sing them live. i.e Itchycoo Park never had an outing.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:27 pm

Most U.S. shows for most all artists have been reserved seating since the tragedy at the 1979 Cincinnati show by The Who. Theaters, seated portions of amphitheaters, and arenas (and even stadiums now) are almost always reserved seating. Of all the shows I've been to since 1979 that were in a venue bigger than a bar, I've only seen general admission at about a dozen or so of them. The last show I attended that had general admission was the Halloween Hootenanny with Murderdolls and Rob Zombie in October 2010, and there, only the main floor was general admission (and SRO). The rest of the arena was reserved seats. If a show has general admission at all, that's usually how it's done.

Hunter

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:33 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
jram wrote:
Thanks.

What a shame, but fair play to you.

I'm 40 this year so have agreed for my in-laws to buy me and my other half tickets. Having done lots of research we've managed to get Block A Row 9 for Wembley via 'Amazon Prime lounge'. It's £100 per ticket but you get this:

Enjoy premium seats and entry to the cool backstage Amazon Prime lounge at The SSE Arena, Wembley. Each ticket purchase includes:
• VIP entry
• A welcome drink on arrival
• A unique backstage perspective where you can watch the set-up of the show
• Access to a private bar and facilities

Not perfect, but much less than £1,000 for M&G plus you just never know if this will be the only / last time you see the Vampires / Alice.
Good compromise.

Also, it was said that Depp may join MM. If so, what will be the impact on HV?

https://youtu.be/hcwqrHVIxr8

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:20 pm

Having said I wouldn't rush for tickets for Glasgow I walked to the box office today about 4pm when I was walking my daughters dog and was offered 21st row centre or anything around that area. The guy told me to wait a few days and see what happens as unless it's an instant sellout it's always worth waiting. What did I see on the Hydro site less than 20 mins later, exactly the same as with Alice last November, an aparrent sellout on the floor and the first tier seating.....it's all bollocks.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:48 pm

del wrote:Having said I wouldn't rush for tickets for Glasgow I walked to the box office today about 4pm when I was walking my daughters dog and was offered 21st row centre or anything around that area. The guy told me to wait a few days and see what happens as unless it's an instant sellout it's always worth waiting. What did I see on the Hydro site less than 20 mins later, exactly the same as with Alice last November, an aparrent sellout on the floor and the first tier seating.....it's all bollocks.
I know of someone who wandered down to the Hydro this morning and was offered, and bought, front row center....
Yet if you called or went to their website nothing like that showed.
If the next proper tour is like this (seated arenas) I think, after not far off 200 shows, I'm done. It's not fun any more.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:59 pm

Sounds like you guys are catching up to the fun of concert ticket buying that some of us have been "enjoying" for years.

That said, if I like an act, I'm still going to go see them. I'll do my best to try for good seats, but can still have fun otherwise.

When you converge three main fan bases--Coop, Perry/Aerosmith, and Depp--and add in casual/passing fans of the group, and fans of the other members of the band from other things, it was always going to be a more sought after ticket than a typical Coop show.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:50 am

Si wrote:
del wrote:Having said I wouldn't rush for tickets for Glasgow I walked to the box office today about 4pm when I was walking my daughters dog and was offered 21st row centre or anything around that area. The guy told me to wait a few days and see what happens as unless it's an instant sellout it's always worth waiting. What did I see on the Hydro site less than 20 mins later, exactly the same as with Alice last November, an aparrent sellout on the floor and the first tier seating.....it's all bollocks.
I know of someone who wandered down to the Hydro this morning and was offered, and bought, front row center....
Yet if you called or went to their website nothing like that showed.
If the next proper tour is like this (seated arenas) I think, after not far off 200 shows, I'm done. It's not fun any more.

Front row...lucky sod.