Vampires UK dates with the Darkness and the Damned

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Vampires UK dates with the Darkness and the Damned

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:16 am

jram wrote:I was excited for about five minutes, until I realised that this will most likely be another seated gig, with a shambolic rush to find decent tickets (that don't include a £1000 meet-and-greet), which I expect to cost about £60 with fees. All to see what is, in effect, a glorified covers band.

I think I've talked myself out of going. If it turns out that Glasgow is standing (ha!) then maybe I'll reconsider, but for now I think I'm missing this one.
In fairness, I believe the forthcoming album is new material so they’ll hopefully shed the covers band only image.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:32 am

I can understand the negativity.....well no, I can't I'm just trying to be nice! Getting to see Alice twice in a year as he reaches the twilight of his career is phenomenal! We got to see the big show AND a reunion with the ACG and now we get to see something very different, with a different set list! Fantastic. As someone who has been a little disappointed by the similarities between tours I think this is brilliant! As to the venues and tickets! This is totally beyond Alice's control, it is the same for all bands. The ticket rip off needs to be dealt with in parliament. £1000 for meet and greet! I would say that is immoral. But I can't wait for this gig! Yes, I would love to have seen it at a more intimate venue and yes I would love to choose a perfect seat, or preferably stand, but at seventy I'll take Alice anyway I can get him! And the gig is on my birthday, so anyone that recognises me can buy me a pint!
Last edited by dadascot on Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:39 am

People saying this won't sell very well...It will - unfortunately. The reason I say unfortunately is I reckon a good 50% of the crowd are there for Jonny Depp and have no musical intelligence to understand actually there's two legends in Coop and Perry up on that stage. The fact that every advertisement lists it as Depp, Cooper and Perry is a disgrace. I like Depp but this is a rock concert.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:42 am

dadascot wrote:I can understand the negativity.....well no, I can't I'm just trying to be nice! Getting to see Alice twice in a year as he reaches the twilight of his career is phenomenal! We got to see the big show AND a reunion with the ACG and now we get to see something very different, with a different set list! Fantastic. As someone who has been a little disappointed by the similarities between tours I think this is brilliant! As to the venues and tickets! This is totally beyond Alice's control, it is the same for all bands. The ticket rip off needs to be dealt with in parliament. £1000 for meet and greet! I would say that is immoral. But I can't wait for this gig! Yes, I would love to have seen it at a more intimate venue and yes I would love to choose a perfect seat, or preferably stand, but at seventy I'll take Alice anyway I can get him! And the gig is on my birthday, so anyone that recognises me can by me a pint!
That's the spirit, I totally agree.

We've all been moaning about the non-evolving solo tour for several years now. This is a chance to hear (hopefully) a considerable amount of new music from the original and forthcoming albums set against a stage show that we've not seen before.

Lots to be positive about, despite the ticket / seating downers.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:35 am

Anybody had any joy...all the tickets are bang average at best.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:36 am

and I can't get on the Ticketmaster link at all.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:41 am

I've not had any luck with anything worth buying for Manchester, Birmingham or Wembley. About 20 rows back is the best I've been offered and most are much worse. I'm not surprised.
Official HV site still directs Wembley presales to the Glasgow SSE customer only site... hopeless.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:48 am

It's an absolute shambles yet again! I'm not surprised really.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:04 am

bigbradwolf wrote:It's an absolute shambles yet again! I'm not surprised really.
I'm not sure I would call it a shambles, because it's exactly what the ticket agencies intend. They don`t care about fans getting tickets. They just want the maximum money they can get. Chances are most of the best tickets aren`t even on sale yet apart from as VIPs. We saw it last year when good seats went on sale a few weeks before the shows.
Even the tickets already up on getmein etc secondary marketing aren`t very good.

The whole system is now works against fans getting good seats at face value, and that is how they want it. That is precisely why the shows are seated, and not standing which would even the playing field and allow everyone a chance to be close to the stage on the night. With seated they can milk the richest people with money to burn, and sod anyone else who can`t spend stupid money for a VIP just to get a good seat. They then sell any remaining good seats later once they have maximised their profit.

They are slowly destroying their own industry, as more and more big acts retire and there are fewer bands they can pull this stunt with. I already don`t go to any other big shows because of the ticketing issues. It's just not worth the money any more.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:59 am

Just managed to grab some seats on the sides for Brum. I'm committed to the one show only. I'll keep checking back on other venues to see if I can get some really decent seats at other shows.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:48 am

Ok, the promoters make the prices for the seats but I'm sure Alice / Depp and Perry make the price for the meet and greet.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:07 pm

mestreech wrote:Ok, the promoters make the prices for the seats but I'm sure Alice / Depp and Perry make the price for the meet and greet.
Nope, that`s the promotors too. It's all part of the deal.

The promotors can afford to book the shows into venues they might not sell out as they hope the VIPs cover many empty seats. Each VIP is worth up to 20 seats and costs them next to nothing. It all helps then guarantee they won`t lose money.

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:48 pm

I managed to get centre front block (block B), 10th row for Brum; nothing worth having for Manchester. I'll be trying again in tomorrow's general sale and keeping an eye out in the weeks leading up to the show because I fully expect better seats to "drop" nearer the time (once the profit has been maximised, as Si has said - that's the point of much-hyped pre-sales, after all). To be quite honest I was surprised to see 10th row come up at all.

I've never objected to paid meet & greets - fill your boots, as far as I'm concerned - but I intensely dislike the trend of it being attached to tickets in the front row/s. If people wish to pay eye-watering prices for the chance to meet some of the band that's entirely their prerogative but I do strongly feel that such things should be an add-on to a ticket, meaning that everyone has an equal stab at the chance to be down front - if they MUST insist on selling rock shows as reserved seating (which is another issue entirely).

I always knew that when HV got around to visiting the UK that it would be a circus when it came to getting tickets and the chances of being down front were slim to none unless I was willing (I'm not) to shell out the cost of a black market kidney for the privilege. I guess I've managed my own expectations in that regard but as I've said, I'll continue to look for decent seats for Manchester and potentially an "upgrade" for Brum.

*edited for spelling
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:02 pm

sparkinthedark wrote:I've never objected to paid meet & greets - fill your boots, as far as I'm concerned - but I intensely dislike the trend of it being attached to tickets in the front row/s. If people wish to pay eye-watering prices for the chance to meet some of the band that's entirely their prerogative but I do strongly feel that such things should be an add-on to a ticket, meaning that everyone has an equal stab at the chance to be down front
I totally get where you're coming from but it doesn't look like this is going away. They're just copying what goes on elsewhere in life, like on planes and in cinemas etc. If you want the best seats, then it's going to cost you.

At least we all enjoyed many, many, shoes in Alice's career where if you got there early, you got to the front.

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:40 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
sparkinthedark wrote:I've never objected to paid meet & greets - fill your boots, as far as I'm concerned - but I intensely dislike the trend of it being attached to tickets in the front row/s. If people wish to pay eye-watering prices for the chance to meet some of the band that's entirely their prerogative but I do strongly feel that such things should be an add-on to a ticket, meaning that everyone has an equal stab at the chance to be down front
I totally get where you're coming from but it doesn't look like this is going away. They're just copying what goes on elsewhere in life, like on planes and in cinemas etc. If you want the best seats, then it's going to cost you.

At least we all enjoyed many, many, shoes in Alice's career where if you got there early, you got to the front.

Oh, no question and as you say, when all's said and done we had a good run of it. Doesn't make it any less sick-making or rage-inducing, though. ;)
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:38 pm

I’m feeling you pal :(

LOL - I meant shows not shoes of course (stupid phone).

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:58 pm

mestreech wrote:Let's be serious - a $1000 meet and greet, ridiculous. ::((:
It's in the range of prices for a big name.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/23/arts/music/23VIP.html

https://metalwani.com/2018/01/ozzy-osbo ... tival.html

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:06 pm

Rhapsody of Fire wrote:
mestreech wrote:Let's be serious - a $1000 meet and greet, ridiculous. ::((:
It's in the range of prices for a big name.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/23/arts/music/23VIP.html

https://metalwani.com/2018/01/ozzy-osbo ... tival.html
WOW, nice read. A lot of new info for me.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:10 pm

What I don't understand is why is there such a huge difference between the US/UK and for example Holland / Germany.
A rockconcert is almost NEVER all seated. You can sit on the sides but in the hall on the ground floor you have free admission (sometimes you have the first yards for the Golden circle) but that's it.
Strange how things can be so different.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:27 pm

mestreech wrote:What I don't understand is why is there such a huge difference between the US/UK and for example Holland / Germany.
A rockconcert is almost NEVER all seated. You can sit on the sides but in the hall on the ground floor you have free admission (sometimes you have the first yards for the Golden circle) but that's it.
Strange how things can be so different.
Up until last year shows were mostly unseated here as well for Alice even in the arenas. The new promoters (AEG) decided to screw us all (okay, almost all. There are obviously people with more money then sense out there) and make it seated to squeeze extra money out of people.
It pretty much ruined the last tour as it destroys the atmosphere when you are surrounded with people who don`t really seem to care about the show, don`t know the songs and spend more time playing with their phones or going in and out for more beer.
This, plus the horrible venues that are the UK arenas, is the main problem. The other problem is the way tickets are sold. You have no idea where or when decent tickets will turn up, which utility, phone or bank you may need to access them, and most seem to go to VIP or straight secondary market anyway.

If you are happy to pay a lot of money (ticket/parking/food/drink etc) to sit up the side or back and watch through binoculars (or the occasional big screen TV, which Alice has rarely had) to see what is happening that that's fine. I'm not and many others aren`t either, and it's heartbreaking to see it happening more and more often.

You wait, it will likely happen where you are as well.