CALL IT EVIL-early Alice treasure-now wheres the whole album

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

nicnic
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

CALL IT EVIL-early Alice treasure-now wheres the whole album

Post by nicnic » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:20 pm

Its always been a dream of mine if a lost unreleased recording of early Alice Cooper 1970-72 was discovered then released. I actually imagine with my eyes closed while in bed(it lures me to sleep-I imagine bunch o'different things) that I go back in time while Alice and band were recording Love it to death(I was only 4 but pretend I was 20) and meet up with them in a hotel room and they record new songs on tape just for me in same cool style as 71. My dream came true with Call it evil, being a lost treasure recorded in 71 that sounds like Love it to death, Killer and Schools out albums all rolled into 1. What a dream it would be if there was a whole albums worth of these lost treasures recorded back in 71 then released, but i'll take 1 song for now.Unless maby Alice wants to re-record Call it evil(sounding the same as original)and add an albums worth of newly recorded songs also sounding the same cool style as 71 and call the album(you guessed it) Call it evil...KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK ON MY DOOR.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: CALL IT EVIL-early Alice treasure-now wheres the whole a

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:57 pm

Well you might get to hear School's Back In ( I think it was called ) when the School's Out album comes out with the bonus stuff.

Call It Evil is ok though nothing earth shattering.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:11 am

Love It 2 Death
KiIIer

:laugh:
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:39 am

I remember reading somewhere on this forum that there was an extra 80 minutes of equally great original material recorded during the LITD sessions and they’re going to put it out as a double CD. Unfortunately they’re waiting till 2050 when all bands will be be playing in that vein and ultra cool symbol style again.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:53 am

From Babysquid:
"I remember reading somewhere on this forum that there was an extra 80 minutes of equally great original material recorded during the LITD sessions"

If someone here did actually state that, then that person has a vivid imagination.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:07 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Babysquid:
"I remember reading somewhere on this forum that there was an extra 80 minutes of equally great original material recorded during the LITD sessions"

If someone here did actually state that, then that person has a vivid imagination.
I do also recall reading that before, but as much as I (and I'm sure many others here) wish it was true, I must concur with AMUK regarding it's 'validity'.

Ted

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:20 am

I've often longed for PFY to have originally been a double album. Re-issues and bonus materials bastardize classic releases. If it wasn't deemed fit for public consumption to begin with, time doesn't make those "extras" any more worthwhile - they should have been destroyed. All the vault-robbing is like throwing a few peel 'n' stick constellations on Starry Night to sell an updated version of that classic painting. Often times, a work runs it's course and outlives it's usefulness. Kids enjoyed the record, money was made and people move on.

:kitty:

nicnic
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by nicnic » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:26 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Well you might get to hear School's Back In ( I think it was called ) when the School's Out album comes out with the bonus stuff.

Call It Evil is ok though nothing earth shattering.
That will be great, unreleased recordings during that time. Songs that didnt make it on the original album or how bout a final practice run recording of each song just before the actual recording(especially Looney tune[my fav] just a little insane,a couple of shots I can't feel no pain). They should do that from ea to fti. (easy action to from the inside). ok p4u too..........or p4u2.
Last edited by nicnic on Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nicnic
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by nicnic » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:33 pm

Babysquid wrote:I remember reading somewhere on this forum that there was an extra 80 minutes of equally great original material recorded during the LITD sessions and they’re going to put it out as a double CD. Unfortunately they’re waiting till 2050 when all bands will be be playing in that vein and ultra cool symbol style again.
it was ME posted that on this forum. at least they unearthed Call it evil, Schools back in with bonus tacks, see my dream is starting to come true.
padre_sliprat wrote:Love It 2 Death
KiIIer
:laugh:
I also meant in that other thread that the remaining Coops should record a new album of new songs in the precise style and sound of Love it to death by trying to forget the influence they received from the outside world from 72 or 73 and beyond.

..............Killer(II=2??). Ki2er??
Last edited by nicnic on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nicnic
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by nicnic » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:01 pm

padre_sliprat wrote:I've often longed for PFY to have originally been a double album. Re-issues and bonus materials bastardize classic releases. If it wasn't deemed fit for public consumption to begin with, time doesn't make those "extras" any more worthwhile - they should have been destroyed. All the vault-robbing is like throwing a few peel 'n' stick constellations on Starry Night to sell an updated version of that classic painting. Often times, a work runs it's course and outlives it's usefulness. Kids enjoyed the record, money was made and people move on.

But when they perfect a song thats ready for the actual recording on the album, to make 2 perfected (or a good enough) recordings of each song and just 1 of them appears on the album, the other recordings are locked away in a time vault to be released 40 + years later is unearthing a treasure.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:12 pm

nicnic wrote:
padre_sliprat wrote:I've often longed for PFY to have originally been a double album. Re-issues and bonus materials bastardize classic releases. If it wasn't deemed fit for public consumption to begin with, time doesn't make those "extras" any more worthwhile - they should have been destroyed. All the vault-robbing is like throwing a few peel 'n' stick constellations on Starry Night to sell an updated version of that classic painting. Often times, a work runs it's course and outlives it's usefulness. Kids enjoyed the record, money was made and people move on.

But when they perfect a song thats ready for the actual recording on the album, to make 2 perfected (or a good enough) recordings of each song and just 1 of them appears on the album, the other recordings are locked away in a time vault to be released 40 + years later is unearthing a treasure.
I don't believe there was ever a real gem left unreleased. Any non-album cuts I've heard (and I've heard most of what's out there) just don't measure up to the officially released stuff. The most realized song which didn't end up on an album is "No Tricks." Great song, but wasn't really Alice's style. I remember buying a single just to get that tune.

TodayMueller
Killer
Killer

Post by TodayMueller » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:58 pm

Fields of Regret from LITD demos IMO is far superior to the PFY version.
Great recording !
Have no gods before me, I'm the light !

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:23 pm

TodayMueller wrote:Fields of Regret from LITD demos IMO is far superior to the PFY version.
Great recording !
Don't know if I've heard that one.

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:13 am

I also heard a demo of Blue Turk that I wouldn’t mind hearing again. It was obviously a lot rawer than the official version and imho not nearly as good, but it was still interesting.
I’d imagine the job of curating these sort o releases can be a bit of a double edged sword. For everyone who desperately wants to hear everything the groups ever laid to tape there are those who bemoan their favorite artist’s catalogue being tarnished with what they perceive as barrel scrapings.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:45 am

From Babysquid:
"For everyone who desperately wants to hear everything the groups ever laid to tape there are those who bemoan their favorite artist’s catalogue being tarnished with what they perceive as barrel scrapings."

Exactly and as has been stated before, in general, there's usually a good reason why some things are released and why others are not.

TodayMueller
Killer
Killer

Post by TodayMueller » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:11 pm

padre_sliprat wrote:
TodayMueller wrote:Fields of Regret from LITD demos IMO is far superior to the PFY version.
Great recording !

Well, you should. Same lyrics but a much heavier sound and Alice's classic voice.
It also has some instrumentals from Killer.
It's awesome.
Have no gods before me, I'm the light !

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:49 pm

TodayMueller wrote:
padre_sliprat wrote:
Great recording !

Well, you should. Same lyrics but a much heavier sound and Alice's classic voice.
It also has some instrumentals from Killer.
It's awesome.
I don't know how it could be better than the PFY version, but I'll take your word for it. Now to find a link...

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:55 pm

TodayMueller wrote:It also has some instrumentals from Killer.
The same instrumentals as on the Chicago Underground live recording on the Old School box set, I presume?

Actually I think I heard the FOR LITD demo recently but I don't think I recall the instrumentals from Killer offhand.

Ted

nicnic
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by nicnic » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:54 am

Ted Sallis wrote:
TodayMueller wrote:It also has some instrumentals from Killer.
The same instrumentals as on the Chicago Underground live recording on the Old School box set, I presume?

Actually I think I heard the FOR LITD demo recently but I don't think I recall the instrumentals from Killer offhand.

Ted
I certainly have Old school book/box set, amazing early demos and live cuts + Killer live 1971, excellent sound and Cooper in excellent Alice angst vocals. And of course Life and crimes box, where Call it evi' was unleashed and others. Also lov Im flash and Space pirates (1975), never heard those 2 songs before either until i got this box set so it was also like discovering a lost treasure for the first time, and Respect for the sleepers 1973 demo, Because and No tricks, and others. Alice throws in his angst voice just a little bit in No tricks, song that was cut from From the inside. FTI, the last of the classic Cooper masterpieces---------ok, and others.
Last edited by nicnic on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

nicnic
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by nicnic » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:16 am

Babysquid wrote:I also heard a demo of Blue Turk that I wouldn’t mind hearing again. It was obviously a lot rawer than the official version and imho not nearly as good, but it was still interesting.
I’d imagine the job of curating these sort o releases can be a bit of a double edged sword. For everyone who desperately wants to hear everything the groups ever laid to tape there are those who bemoan their favorite artist’s catalogue being tarnished with what they perceive as barrel scrapings.
i want them to release all their demos please no matter how drunk they were.(jokin but im damn serious to get "everything the groups ever laid to tape"). so what if alot of it is too unpolished or unpracticed, bring it on. that unreleased Blue turk sounds great to have on cd. that or dust, i'll take that. AND ALSO, a must to release Beat the devil demo (72) on cd......ok i made that up. :laugh: :evil: