PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:33 am 
Killer
Killer

I thought the new setlist was great.
pain, Lost in America, Brutal Planet, World needs guts - all classic songs not often trotted out.
I think some of the issues is half the set tends to move around a fair amount where as half is all the same - he changes it up just enough for me, id love more e.g. ballad of Dwight fry could easily exchange for luney tune, quiet room or wind up toy. while still keeping the straight jacket routine, feed in Frankenstein could swap out for teenage Frankenstein and still do eddie-alice.
All in all a good set

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:58 am 
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

padre_sliprat wrote:
cooperrocks wrote:
Padre. I would totally be down with that show. I have also thought (though it would be a long show), how cool would it be for 1 song to be played live off of every album.

He's got 27 albums. The BP tour they played somewhere between 26 and 28 songs? Its do-able.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:16 pm 
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

SickThings wrote:
All you have to do is watch the audience during a show. When the hits are played, the audiences I've been part of go nuts. The rest of the time, I'd say a good 50% or more of the audience is just watching. They're enjoying it, but they're not standing up (usually), singing along, waving hands in the air, etc.

I think Alice fans in general suck the life out of the shows. Even during the hits they seem to be knocking at an invisible door at the most haha!!It's funny though, when Alice is opening for other bands such as Rob Zombie, Heaven And Hell etc.. the crowd is almost always way more into it, are more animated, louder etc.. and not only for the hits either. They seem to know more Alice songs than the ones at the headlining shows.

And yes, he certainly does rely on the hits too much, which is one of the main reasons so many of the other songs never really had a chance to grow on the audience over the years.

- ALICE COOPER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:55 am 
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

HORRORHOLIC wrote:
SickThings wrote:
All you have to do is watch the audience during a show. When the hits are played, the audiences I've been part of go nuts. The rest of the time, I'd say a good 50% or more of the audience is just watching. They're enjoying it, but they're not standing up (usually), singing along, waving hands in the air, etc.

I think Alice fans in general suck the life out of the shows. Even during the hits they seem to be knocking at an invisible door at the most haha!!It's funny though, when Alice is opening for other bands such as Rob Zombie, Heaven And Hell etc.. the crowd is almost always way more into it, are more animated, louder etc.. and not only for the hits either. They seem to know more Alice songs than the ones at the headlining shows.

And yes, he certainly does rely on the hits too much, which is one of the main reasons so many of the other songs never really had a chance to grow on the audience over the years.

This.