For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Dennis Dunaway

Post by bigbradwolf » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:53 am

Just wanted to say what a pleasure it was to meet him at the book signing in Birmingham yesterday...really nice guy...I met him before a Blue Coupe gig a few years ago but didn't have half as much time with him as yesterday.
Took his time to speak to everyone who was there, signed everything he was presented with and I will no doubt enjoy reading his book. I'd urge anyone thinking of meeting him on Friday at the London book signing to go and see him. A true legend!
I'm sure there are a few on here who were there yesterday as well. I recognised some familiar faces!

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Dennis Dunaway

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:10 pm

Chris Penn put up a great video of the event, it was compelling viewing and great to see Dennis, Cindy and all the others having such as great time. I'm really looking forward to attending the Crypt of the Wizard on Friday night.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:58 pm

I found myself backstage in Glasgow, which was a very last-minute arrangement. Dennis asked me if I wanted a picture, or if I had something for him to sign.

Me: I have nothing for you to sign, I didn't know I was going to meet you.

DD: Oh, okay. (Reaching into his pocket and handing me it) Here, have a pick.

What a legend.

NikToo
Trash
Trash

Post by NikToo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:33 pm

Dennis is probably the first person I'd choose to meet from the original group. Anyone who's been described as having "come from a spore" must be cool. Unfortunately I fly to Berlin on Friday or I would have been at the book signing.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:10 am

NikToo wrote:Dennis is probably the first person I'd choose to meet from the original group. Anyone who's been described as having "come from a spore" must be cool. Unfortunately I fly to Berlin on Friday or I would have been at the book signing.
Neil is cool too. He loaned a spare snare to a local D.C. area band when they experienced a broken snare head when all the shops were closed in the area.The Club Owner said "Let me call Neil". Kind enough to loan his gear so the show could go on! :8):
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

NikToo
Trash
Trash

Post by NikToo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:19 am

His brother-in-law. :) The whole romance with Cindy is great to read. Alice just goes "Oh, and I met Sheryl and I married her" in Golf Monster.