For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Glasgow meet-up?

Post by rgallie » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:35 pm

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh it's still sinking in... I had not heard of Alice until watching Waynes World when I was a teen in the late 90s. I remember thinking "do your really get singers like that or is it a piss take". Fast forward 20ish years and I just bloody seen the original Alice Cooper band live (minus 1)....I was angry about the ticket fiasco, but nothing can take away from what Alice and the band did for the die hard fans on Sunday in Glasgow and across the rest of the UK.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:06 am

tell you what mind, given the explosive reactions for some of the "unknown" unexpecteds he hoyed into the set, Alice has no excuse whatsoever to trot out the old "people only expect Poison/causal fans only want the classics" line again, seems to vindicate what some of us have been saying for yonks, that the older/more learned fans of Coop far outweight the Johnny-come-latelys and shaking up the set list can have a great reaction.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:06 pm

killer wolf wrote:tell you what mind, given the explosive reactions for some of the "unknown" unexpecteds he hoyed into the set, Alice has no excuse whatsoever to trot out the old "people only expect Poison/causal fans only want the classics" line again, seems to vindicate what some of us have been saying for yonks, that the older/more learned fans of Coop far outweight the Johnny-come-latelys and shaking up the set list can have a great reaction.
Responses to the rarer songs (Pain, Guts) has varied greatly by venue, and even where you are in the venue (small groups go nuts, people next to them haven`t a clue). They go down okay, but are certainly not as recognisable as the "hits" obviously.
But the fact they don`t slow down the show or anything DOES prove you can slot them in without any issues. Personally I think 'World Needs Guts" is a highlight of the show, after the original band of course.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:56 pm

~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:57 pm

Having to save the big hits for the mini set is a perfect opportunity to add some rarities.

Or Lost in America and Department of Youth... :yawn:

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:52 am

The world needs guts, a song I find kind of " mmm well yeah ok" was really good live. The only weak spot for me was woman of mass distraction which is just a so-what song at best on vinyl. Doesn't take a way from the gig though.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:25 pm

Five days since Glasgow and World Needs Guts stands out as a great memory along with the general impression that the band were on top form. ACG was simply sublime. It really was the best of everything. Just wish i''d done London too..