For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Re: MANCHESTER 15/11

Post by killer wolf » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:16 am

then surely that very MONOPOLY should be investigated by the monopolies commission?
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:59 am

killer wolf wrote:then surely that very MONOPOLY should be investigated by the monopolies commission?
It has been investigated, several times and is currently being investigated in the UK again. But if I recall the end result is basically "you CAN theoretically play that school gym in Nohope, Nabraska, so it isn't a monopoly, so stop complaining, and let our friends and business partners keep all the money."
It's all a scam.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:26 pm

And to rub salt in the wounds another couple of hundred tickets went on sale today for Glasgow. Seats scattered all over the venue from front to back. Just don't understand the logic of doing this.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:48 pm

del wrote:And to rub salt in the wounds another couple of hundred tickets went on sale today for Glasgow. Seats scattered all over the venue from front to back. Just don't understand the logic of doing this.
Grrrr :nono:

Like I said before, it's almost as if the bigger the fan you are the more contempt they treat you with. We're easy prey for them as they know we will buy tickets straight away and will attend certain / all shows even if the seats aren't great.

Whereas the casual punter who turns up late to the party may only buy a ticket if premium position seats are offered. And guess what, look what's become available with only 2 weeks to go :angry:
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:55 pm

Yep. Part of this is a really simple con.

1. Fake the number of tickets sold
2. Push the punters to look on your scalping sites for a decent seat.
3. Keep the pressure on them when they are browsing with helpful messages like "tickets selling fast", "only a few remaining" "11 people looking right now".
4. Secure the sale at inflated prices and pocket the second selling fee for the ticket.
5. Put another batch on sale and repeat the process at your leisure.

Not exactly a new tactic for promoters but one which seems to have been perfected now.

Can't wait for the " insufficient evidence of inappropriate tactics" conclusion which will inevitably appear following the investigations Si refers to.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:41 am

be interested to see what happenes when i turn up at Glasgow, regarding touts and checks. just been chatting on the Metallica boards - the O2 bans and enforces no-touts all over the nearby area [yep, didn't see a single one] but again, they did no ID/card checks at all. i'll be interested to see if the SEDD staff are as lax again as they were for Nick Cave, letting touts do their business right outside the main doors.
KW
/X\oo/X\

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:49 pm

I also passed one of those touts outside the Nick Cave gig at the Hydro, but equally saw a guy getting knocked back by the security, possibly with a ticket bought from a tout though I can't be sure. It's ridiculous that touts like that were allowed to hang around at all.

Anybody see the fiasco of the tickets for Flight of the Conchords going on sale today? Not something I was interested in but apparently, for a nine date tour of massive venues, all tickets were sold out as soon as they went on sale at 10am this morning, only for loads to simultaneously appear on the usual resale sites. I know there was a pre sale starting Wednesday but the idea of all 12,000 Hydro tickets being gone by 10.01am today is just ludicrous.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:53 pm

There's another one of these on the go

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/202243

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:22 am

Did you read the government response to it? Already decided it's not going to happen.

Actually, I agree that you can't stamp this out yet as there are so many different systems in place to sell tickets varying.from the traditional ticket books to the stuff we are talking about here which needs ID but then isn't worked properly anyway.

It's the wrong question for me and therefore makes it easy to reject. What I want to see is:

1. Prosecutions for those who cream off hundreds of tickets in presale and as the public sale starts. It's illegal now and I've only heard of one being caught and don't even know if he was found guilty.
2. Promoters and primary ticket agencies banned from having any part in resale activity. Also no ability to advertise resale sites on primary sites.
3. Resale sites banned from promoting their positions in search engine results. Absolutely doable.
4.Establish an independent audit of the Promoters and ticket sellers activities specifically looking at sales tactics and whether they are legal, considered sharp practices or simply wrong. This audit should happen every year and there should be penalties for any issues identified.
5.Touts arrested at gigs, then prosecuted. Maybe I'm blind but I don't think I have ever seen that in 40+ years of going to gigs. Sure, they are moved on but can still operate 100yds down the road. I'm not talking the person with two tickets to sell because the kids are sick, done that myself before at face value. I mean the ones with bundles of tickets and inflated prices.

I could go on but it's just got me angry again and it's taken the excitement for the Hydro gig away just now. Seems there are a few sickthings going to Glasgow, hope you have decent tickets and maybe catch a couple of you at the gig.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:51 pm

Front row tickets available today...

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:36 am

the tout issue wouldn't be an issue at all if the venues enforced the card/ID thing. W/ names printed on the ticket and the last 4 of the card number etc, it would also eliminate the ebay problem as well. that would literally solve about 80% of the whole farce in one fell swoop.
as for the sites themselves, i can't see what the problem would be in passing laws to say it's illegal for any site to sell something higher than its printed face value. i don't get the previous govt reply saying it's unfeasible, i believe they already have laws saying, eg, newsagents can't sell papers for more than the marked price?
KW
/X\oo/X\

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:44 pm

rgallie wrote:Feel sick seeing the tickets on sale in Glasgow much closer to the front and a better view for not much more than what I paid for worse tickets.

Ticketmaster (or whoever) has ruined this for me.
This whole thing has been a kick in the teeth. I've already bought a ticket in the presale, and a marginally better one on general sale, and the new ones are slightly better again - but I'm not buying a third ticket just to inch forward a bit.

The Hydro is a shite venue - the sound is godawful - and I'm stuck 17 rows back, most likely behind a sea of camera phones (absolute bain of my gig-going these days, and this time with no chance of edging forward to un-obscure my view.)

I love Alice, but I'm not doing this again - all of the joy has been sucked out of it, I don't think I've ever been less excited about a gig.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:57 pm

Had the same feelings jram but doing my best to get over it now.

Instead of being able to curtain off another part of the venue the ticketing shambles means the place is going to have empty seats dotted all over which will do nothing for the atmosphere in many areas. Added to the all seated crowd the killer blow will be if they try to make us stay in our seats. If that happens I'll be one of the folk lifted out as I'm not sitting for this.

Hate the grief around this tour but I'm putting it aside to have a blast of a night.

If you can't get a view then pop down the 6th row and we'll squeeze you in!

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:48 pm

I've just checked Glasgow again - more tickets available, different availability to when I checked the other day. There's a row in the block in front of the stage that has only two tickets sold. On the block that's Audience Left, there are two full empty rows midway back.

The place is gonna be full of gaps, as someone else suggested. The row in front of me only has 2 people in it.