Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:19 am

Si wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:Not sure how many people are aware, but there's a very limited UK Tour Edition being released shortly. 1 variant is limited to 18 copies and the other just 5 (to match the number of UK shows).

Both will come with goodies much like the special versions of the original release.
First I've heard of it. Searching didn`t come up with anything either.
To my knowledge, it's only been offered on the 'Live From The Astroturf' Facebook page. They also aren't particularly cheap but will be a good collectible for die-hard fans of the release.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:35 am

wind_up_toy wrote:
Si wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:Not sure how many people are aware, but there's a very limited UK Tour Edition being released shortly. 1 variant is limited to 18 copies and the other just 5 (to match the number of UK shows).

Both will come with goodies much like the special versions of the original release.
First I've heard of it. Searching didn`t come up with anything either.
To my knowledge, it's only been offered on the 'Live From The Astroturf' Facebook page. They also aren't particularly cheap but will be a good collectible for die-hard fans of the release.
Thanks. Gotta love facebook not showing you important things, but making sure every cat video is front and center.... So sick of facebook.

Not going for these. Already spent silly money to get the original issues, one of which was pink/white as the "5" edition is. Not sure being autographed by the photographer is much of a draw... I can`t see a price anywhere but "not cheap" is enough to deter me from buying more copies.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:44 am

I did know you weren't a bookFace fan :)

Yes, these will no doubt be very nice (and very rare) but certainly the original Pink / White and Good Records versions will remain the jewels in the crown. Chris sounds commited to a release of the entire set, which will also be very special.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:54 am

wind_up_toy wrote:I did know you weren't a bookFace fan :)

Yes, these will no doubt be very nice (and very rare) but certainly the original Pink / White and Good Records versions will remain the jewels in the crown. Chris sounds commited to a release of the entire set, which will also be very special.
It would be good to have the whole show officially, but my understanding is that work would have to be done on the recordings before the band would be happy with it being released complete. The two songs that WERE released were chosen mainly because they didn't need any "cleaning up".

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:14 am

Si wrote:

It would be good to have the whole show officially, but my understanding is that work would have to be done on the recordings before the band would be happy with it being released complete. The two songs that WERE released were chosen mainly because they didn't need any "cleaning up".
Yup, Chris has stated that he may need to fundraise the full release in order to complete the necessary editing.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:10 am

wind_up_toy wrote:
Si wrote:

Yup, Chris has stated that he may need to fundraise the full release in order to complete the necessary editing.
No Problem Count me in.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:15 pm

Make sure you get on that page and make your feelings clear ;)

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:06 pm

I'm already on the fb page, great page.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:05 pm

Good man :)

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:58 am

My UK Tour Edition arrived the other day (1 of the 18, on black vinyl). It's actually really cool as it comes with a lot of stuff (including a piece of pink Astroturf like the original stage).