Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

MB Paranormal and The Encores

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:36 am

I lifted this post from the SHTV forums. Short but some nice info:

So I roll out tonight to a bar here in town to watch my sons band play a Fender Showcase show and as I approach the venue door I hear someone playing Tobacco Road on what sounds like a vintage rig. I walk thru the door and lo and behold it's Michael Bruce winding it up!! He played a set with all the expected hits and the threw in Baby I Miss You near the end of the set. What a treat!! Closed with Schools Out and teased the Smoke On The Water Riff to end the set.

So gracious, he woulda stayed and talked to me all night long if I woulda let him. His lovely wife plays a mean bass again too. Michael says he gearing up for the 5 date European tour where the Original AC Band is doing the 6 song encore each show. Leaving for Europe 10/30. Says he's not sure if there are plans to film the encores but said that he'd be pro filming it for himself. I asked him why there was a cupla Dunaway and a Smith song on Paranormal but no Bruce song. He says they did work on one of his but.....I'll just leave it there. Said Coop started out saying he wanted to make it a Killer-type album but changed everything once they got into the studio. What a nice surprise this whole evening turned out to be!! This is a GREAT guy to meet if you ever get the chance!!

For anyone in the Phx/Mesa/Tempe Scottsdale area, he's playing another free set this Saturday 9/23 at Pranksters Too - an 'In Memoriam' show of what appears to be a lost Bruce family member. 8pm showtime!!

Today Mueller
Trash
Trash

Re: MB Paranormal and The Encores

Post by Today Mueller » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:12 pm

Very interesting.
I was wondering what became of the "Killer style" idea. Certainly not what came out.
Real shame. Would like to hear what the ol' boys had written, other than the two mainstream songs.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: MB Paranormal and The Encores

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:18 pm

Today Mueller wrote:Very interesting.
I was wondering what became of the "Killer style" idea. Certainly not what came out.
Real shame. Would like to hear what the ol' boys had written, other than the two mainstream songs.

I felt we learned more here than a lot of the lengthier interviews with Alice. It's also good to know that Michael really seems to be woodshedding it with his guitar practice. There were a lot here saying he'd lost it and that he couldn't do a full live show due to his health/weight. I said then he just needed to get the weight off and practice and with the promise of a paying gig and some studio work he has done just that. Here's hoping we might get to hear the MB song somewhere down the road and a full band tour ( not extended encore or whatever you'd call it ).