Great Interview With Alice on Rolling Stone Music Podcast

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Great Interview With Alice on Rolling Stone Music Podcast

Post by cooperrocks » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:40 pm

This was a great interview of Alice. He talks about a lot of things including the break up of the original band, his solo career, etc. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... er-w501355

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Great Interview With Alice on Rolling Stone Music Podcas

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:53 pm

cooperrocks wrote:This was a great interview of Alice. He talks about a lot of things including the break up of the original band, his solo career, etc. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... er-w501355

Got 15 mins in and it's just the same old stuff. Hard to listen to.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:51 am

listened to it while washing dishes in my kitchen.....I enjoyed it. Some of the questions were reruns but, I still wanted to hear what Alice had to say. I like the part about Taylor Swift...
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:24 pm

cooperrocks wrote:This was a great interview of Alice. He talks about a lot of things including the break up of the original band, his solo career, etc. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... er-w501355
Yeah there is definitely some rehashing in spots. That's the thing with so many Alice interviews and he can only answer what is asked but it is the same thing over and over again. I would just once love to hear an interviewer ask something about say "Raise Your Fist and Yell" or "The Last Temptation."

You know what would be kind of cool. Is if all of us on the Sickthings forum were allowed to submit one or two questions and one of the administrators could select which ones are chosen with the condition, it has to be something Alice is never asked or rarely asked and if there was a way for him to answer them say through a Podcast, online transcript, etc?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:31 pm

cooperrocks wrote:
Yeah there is definitely some rehashing in spots. That's the thing with so many Alice interviews and he can only answer what is asked but it is the same thing over and over again. I would just once love to hear an interviewer ask something about say "Raise Your Fist and Yell" or "The Last Temptation."

You know what would be kind of cool. Is if all of us on the Sickthings forum were allowed to submit one or two questions and one of the administrators could select which ones are chosen with the condition, it has to be something Alice is never asked or rarely asked and if there was a way for him to answer them say through a Podcast, online transcript, etc?

We have had something a little like what you are suggesting. I remember my question about playing with Gene Vincent was chosen and answered by Alice ( maybe Si remembers what the thing was ).

Alice bears a lot of responsibility re questions. He could give some variations when asked about music and stop with the " Paul would have sung it better " stuff. God am I tiring of that one.

Maron's interview was good as he knew even the more obscure albums. Of course Alice steers the ship to the Frank Sinatra story ( although in a little more detail ).

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:56 am

GailsFriend wrote:washing dishes in my kitchen
Good choice.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:29 pm

Personally, I am waiting for the interview between Si and Alice....I mean, who better to quiz Alice on the past? 20 questions....no less. Is there a petition we can get started?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:26 pm

GailsFriend wrote:Personally, I am waiting for the interview between Si and Alice....I mean, who better to quiz Alice on the past? 20 questions....no less. Is there a petition we can get started?
I've thought about this in the past as we've done interviews with quite a few people but not Alice (directly), however I think that at the end of the day there are so many Alice interviews that it would be hard to ask things that hadn`t been asked before somewhere, and some questions I think Alice genuinely wouldn`t know the answer to himself after all these years, because it's so obscure he doesn`t remember.
Of course you also have the fact that Alice isn`t always the best source of factual information either so that doesn`t help haha

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:04 am

I agree it's hard for Alice to avoid just giving canned answers to questions. Things get redundant after a while. But the worst part is he keeps repeating lies as if they are true (chicken story, Sinatra singing his song You and Me, band break up, etc) and I wonder if he believes them at this point.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:32 am

darkmenace wrote:I agree it's hard for Alice to avoid just giving canned answers to questions. Things get redundant after a while. But the worst part is he keeps repeating lies as if they are true (chicken story, Sinatra singing his song You and Me, band break up, etc) and I wonder if he believes them at this point.

Well said.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:31 am

pitkin88 wrote:
darkmenace wrote:I agree it's hard for Alice to avoid just giving canned answers to questions. Things get redundant after a while. But the worst part is he keeps repeating lies as if they are true (chicken story, Sinatra singing his song You and Me, band break up, etc) and I wonder if he believes them at this point.

Well said.
Does It Matter? As a fan you know something close to the actual story but didn't Frank Z. ask after the Chicken Incident "Are you getting Press?" or something like that. Bad Press/Good Press - would rather see the Good but, getting ink (or Trending) was & is paramount! *spider* :headcutoff: :hang: ;)
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:58 pm

I think if everyone here cooperated...we could come up with some original questions that would be enlightening for every fan.

Here's a question: If making albums now is just for your fanbase, why not build a setlist that caters to that fanbase, by omitting certain overplayed tunes in favor of more obscure songs?

Here's a question:Why did you retire wearing the red codpiece?
[/color]
Here's a question: When will there be a focused concert presentation around an album like "Nightmare"? with props and dancers?

Here's a question: Why don't you use video in your concerts to make a bigger and more violent or graphic presentation, to enhance the horror and theatrical aspects of the show?

Well....that's all I have for now.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:17 pm

GailsFriend wrote:I think if everyone here cooperated...we could come up with some original questions that would be enlightening for every fan.

Here's a question: If making albums now is just for your fanbase, why not build a setlist that caters to that fanbase, by omitting certain overplayed tunes in favor of more obscure songs?

[/color]
Here's a question: When will there be a focused concert presentation around an album like "Nightmare"? with props and dancers?

Here's a question: Why don't you use video in your concerts to make a bigger and more violent or graphic presentation, to enhance the horror and theatrical aspects of the show?

1. Already been answered countless times here. He can do albums "for the fanbase" but has to make a setlist that has all "the hits" in for the less hardcore ie the majority who only see him once in 10 years, or never before..
2. When a promotor offers enough money to do it. He's spoken about doing Vegas residencies or NY, but it's never happened. He can`t tell you when, or even if, it will ever happen.
3. a) Others have done that and b) it's expensive, c) I doubt he would want to make it "more graphic" as there are youngsters in the audience..

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:54 pm

Great responses. I agree with Si, there are probably few questions that have never been asked but the questions Si just answered are not questions that are asked every interview. Plus, I think you could get into more discussion about albums never discussed as well, etc.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:00 pm

cooperrocks wrote:Great responses. I agree with Si, there are probably few questions that have never been asked but the questions Si just answered are not questions that are asked every interview. Plus, I think you could get into more discussion about albums never discussed as well, etc.

I think there is a ton of stuff that has never been asked about the recording and writing of the albums.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:03 am

I'm more into the technical aspects, so Mike, Neal, Dennis, Charlie Carnal and the rest of the old road crew might be better for things I'm interested in.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:06 pm

GailsFriend wrote:I think if everyone here cooperated...we could come up with some original questions that would be enlightening for every fan.

[/color]

I will take a shot at those questions for Alice.

#1-I'll be 70 years old in 5 months and don't feel like singing "Zorro's Ascent" or " Thrill My Gorilla".

#2-I quit wearing the codpiece the same reason I have changed many things over the years. Do you wear the same thing you wore 30 years ago? Also, in 5 months I will be 70 years old and it's not age appropriate.

#3. There will never be another huge tour with props and dancers as in 5 months I will be 70 years old and have better things to do with my money. Plus it's 2017 and no one really cares. Also, if I brought back Martin Luther Queen I would have protesters at my concerts saying I'm a racist homophobe.

#4 I'll be 70 years old in 5 months and when I look at myself naked in the mirror that is graphic enough for me. Plus, video screens cost money to buy and transport, plus Alice is no longer scary or violent. I kind of model the current Alice character after Zombo from the classic "Munsters" episode.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:22 pm

Damon Johnson's interview was the best, from years ago. The Merle Haggard question posed to him was particularly good.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...