How would you recreate the Paranormal Cover Art?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

I'm Pain
Killer
Killer

Re: How would you recreate the Paranormal Cover Art?

Post by I'm Pain » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:32 am

I'm not a big fan of the fake scary face thing. Welcome 2 My Nightmare had the same thing. I don't know - it's kind of unconvincing at this point, as well as cartoonish. It's also kind of cliche'.

An artistic black and white photo of Alice in an empty house could have worked better with the paranormal theme. No photoshop. No need to overcook something just because you have the tools to do so.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:17 am

I'm Pain wrote:I'm not a big fan of the fake scary face thing. Welcome 2 My Nightmare had the same thing. I don't know - it's kind of unconvincing at this point, as well as cartoonish. It's also kind of cliche'.
Right on.

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:07 am

I think the cover would have looked better if there had been a glitch between the two heads. Like they two different dimensions of Alice in the same place glitching together rather than a single two-headed Alice. Otherwise I dont mind it. I quite like the whiteness of it, makes it stand out.
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:02 pm

Here's an alternate cover. My guess is that they just may have been considering this, but the white one came in first. Now that I've gotten to know the record, I wouldn't change a thing.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:14 am

Dannorama wrote:Here's an alternate cover. My guess is that they just may have been considering this, but the white one came in first. Now that I've gotten to know the record, I wouldn't change a thing.
That'd be awesome. I still hate that childish splatter logo.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:29 am

Dannorama wrote:Here's an alternate cover. My guess is that they just may have been considering this, but the white one came in first. Now that I've gotten to know the record, I wouldn't change a thing.

Alice looks constipated on that one.

I'm Pain
Killer
Killer

Post by I'm Pain » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:21 pm

pitkin88 wrote:

Alice looks constipated on that one.

Yeah, but on the cover they used - the AC head on the right appears to be larger then the head on the left. Swollen. Like he's been stung by bees or something.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:22 am

From the "Pitkin accuses Alice of lying and Alicefan calls a yet to be determined individual (or individuals) a child" thread, comes this album cover worthy photo. Looks like the back cover of some 60's record.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGSg4hqycAh/

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:32 am

padre_sliprat wrote:From the "Pitkin accuses Alice of lying and Alicefan calls a yet to be determined individual (or individuals) a child" thread, comes this album cover worthy photo. Looks like the back cover of some 60's record.

Alice looking up at what appears to be a Fireball.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:24 am

pitkin88 wrote:
padre_sliprat wrote:From the "Pitkin accuses Alice of lying and Alicefan calls a yet to be determined individual (or individuals) a child" thread, comes this album cover worthy photo. Looks like the back cover of some 60's record.

Almost Ingrid Pitt-like from the old Famous Monsters of Filmland magazines/Hammer films shots.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:56 am

pitkin88 wrote:

He also looks relieved after ridding himself of his constipation in the gift shop restroom!

Mr. Misdemeanor
Killer
Killer

Post by Mr. Misdemeanor » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:51 pm

I don't hate the cover, but it isn't anything special.

pitkin88 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:08 am
An EC comic book cover could have worked.

Cool idea. I think an homage to R. Crumb's iconic cover for Big Brother's "Cheap Thrills" album would have been awesome. A montage of one panel comics each representing one of the tracks on the album, all drawn in the creepy EC comics style.

Albums should always have memorable covers, imo. Books too. While their are countless iconic movie posters and album covers rarely does anyone put much effort into non-pulp book covers. Heck even the pulp books have boring nondescript covers these days.

Mr. Misdemeanor
Killer
Killer

Post by Mr. Misdemeanor » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:52 pm

Another idea. How about a picture or drawing of modern day Alice sitting in a Victorian era study. The room is dark, dusty, cobwebbed etc. Alice is sitting at a desk trying to write, but is being haunted by otherwordly apparitions. Each of the phantoms would be an earlier incarnation of Alice. A Dwight Fry version in a straightjacket, a young one with leopard boots and a bottle of booze, an 80s era version with a snake, and a Special Forces era ghoul.