Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: New album sales

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:46 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:
padre_sliprat wrote:I can only hear two songs from Paranormal which would fit in with the current style of his live presentation, namely, Paranormal (in a truncated version) and Paranoi(a)c Personality.

It's a good record, but, live is a whole 'nother animule. Time will tell.

Wait, you mean you can't see Alice tap dancing to Holy Water?
maybe just a little soft shoe.

Hard Rock Soft Shoes Alice Cooper ( no sole )

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:24 am

You are an individual, just like everybody else.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:21 am

recoop wrote:A World Chart

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm
10th biggest seller in the world is very respectable....no, actually it is superb! This is from a fan who remembers the dark days of special forces, dada, zipper, checking to see if they had even charted. ok, we all know it is going to go down but 50 000 sales in one week is incredible in these days of free downloads and Spotify.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:46 pm

From dadascot:
"ok, we all know it is going to go down but 50 000 sales in one week is incredible in these days of free downloads and Spotify."

That isn't what that chart shows. It states that it is a chart showing "the most popular albums according to global sales, paid download and streaming" so it isn't quite as good as you think if you think it shows how many physical copies have been sold. Also the chart is dated two weeks after the album was released.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:40 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From dadascot:
"ok, we all know it is going to go down but 50 000 sales in one week is incredible in these days of free downloads and Spotify."

That isn't what that chart shows. It states that it is a chart showing "the most popular albums according to global sales, paid download and streaming" so it isn't quite as good as you think if you think it shows how many physical copies have been sold. Also the chart is dated two weeks after the album was released.
Ok, stand corrected on the downloads but for Alice to be in the top ten best selling albums globally is still fantastic. I suspect that it only covers the first week of release but if it covers the two weeks and he is still top ten then that is phenomenal.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:10 pm

It is incredible to make all these lists. Industry has changed, but TOP-10 in many many countries is an amazing accomplishment. One that Alice would do well to let be reflected in the set list while the iron is hot. Fireball!! ;)

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:09 am

as today , Alice is still in the top 200 records (ultratop charts belgium)
entered on 15, second week down to 31, but third week still 36 !
Highest entry for W2mnm2 was about 78 as far as i recall.
you really wouldn't understand..

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:30 pm

A couple of thoughts:

1. Irrespective of current worldwide sales across the industry, Alice has cracked the top 20 or 10 for the first time in 20+ years. Surely positive in anyone's eyes that he has at least got some profile again particularly in Europe where he is absolutely still a name.

2. This album looks like it could do the same as W2MN and sell better than anything since TLT, surely something to be pleased about, particularly given hat sales have continued to decline globally even since W2MN.

Combined, we have a position where it looks like there s actually some momentum and we should all be pleased if that's the case as it keeps the show on the road and must surely make Alice think it's actually worth the effort.

Surely it's time to add another track from Paranormal to the set list. How about Genuine American Girl in the mini set for the UK tour. How good would that be..

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:40 am

Surely it's time to add another track from Paranormal to the set list. How about Genuine American Girl in the mini set for the UK tour. How good would that be..
I'm up for that, I wished he would have added W2MN but I will take some more paranormal - GAG would be great as described

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:11 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:
I'm up for that, I wished he would have added W2MN but I will take some more paranormal - GAG would be great as described

I think it might be a bit hard to pull off with a four piece due to the harmonies, Rats might work better. Maybe Neal could pull the old jacket out.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:56 am

I'd happily take Rats. It keeps growing on me all the time. If the jacket came too then that would be ideal. Now dreaming of the Gutter Cats v Jets sequence too...

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:57 am

del wrote:I'd happily take Rats. It keeps growing on me all the time. If the jacket came too then that would be ideal. Now dreaming of the Gutter Cats v Jets sequence too...
Bring out the trash cans!!! Have a rumble!! Get out their pent up frustrations!! :smack: If any are left it may help them to work it out for the next collaboration. - Hopefully :8): All for the Show of course - no injuries please!!!
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:20 am

Perform a full-out version of Paranormal and make it epic.